D.J. Moore VS Calvin Ridley

cowboyec

Reaction score
You guys honestly believe you need 5 first round offensive linemen, even at the expense of the rest of the team? You’re only marginally improving the line at best. Even if you disagree with drafting a 1st round WR, you have to agree Moore would be a significant upgrade over Terrance Williams. He’d also be the only wideout on the roster who runs great routes, has great hands and creates separation. So who do you think would help Dak and the offense more?
"you guys"???we're all Cowboys fans,right?.....any way...I love DJ Moore...always been my pick for Dallas at 50....if he indeed worked his way into probability at 19.....and our def options are off the board...if Wynn is there I take him.This is a really good group of WRs and you could stretch it to the 4th Rd...I like the OG group but its not as deep...in my opinion...I take the OG at 19....go for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread...if Wynn is OFF the board,along with our def targets...DJ Moore,if indeed they see him as a 1st Rd'er would and should be in the discussion.
Love the player....but not over Wynn.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I’d rather Moore in 2nd than Ridley in the first ANYDAY. Ridley plays like a little boy and won’t contribute year 1. His ceiling isn’t that great to begin with either

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hey now it's already been proven that Dak has been the most accurate tight window thrower last year, offensive lineman are going to help receivers that can't separate lol.
when and where did I ever say they shouldn't draft a WR at any point in this draft?
I prefer Wynn at 19...but how does that mean I want no WRs at all anywhere in the draft?
never said it.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I dont care who your receiver is...it means nothing if chaz green is our starting left guard.
Cooper hurt is knee,MCL...surgery....no news on if thats happened yet....5mnths recovery?...plus he is a f/a.
Id rather this front office draft Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez to be our left guard than sign a vet f/a....considering how well they did last f/a period.
But hey....by all means draft a WR....preferably one who blocks well considering we'll have a crater hole on our OLine.
You haven’t looked at any day 2 Olinemen have you. Their are plug and play Guards in the 2nd round. Sure their are good day 2 WRs but much more likely for a big run on WRs then a big run on guards

Braden Smith, Frank Ragnow, Tyrell Crosby. Learn these prospects because all 3 have position flex as well as can be plugged in at LG and be upgrades over Green and Cooper. Especially Crosby. Can play guard as well as be your swing tackle.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You haven’t looked at any day 2 Olinemen have you. Their are plug and play Guards in the 2nd round. Sure their are good day 2 WRs but much more likely for a big run on WRs then a big run on guards

Braden Smith, Frank Ragnow, Tyrell Crosby. Learn these prospects because all 3 have position flex as well as can be plugged in at LG and be upgrades over Green and Cooper. Especially Crosby. Can play guard as well as be your swing tackle.
you haven't paid attention to other threads have you?
already mentioned OGs I like beyond Rd 1.
WR group is deeper.
better chance you can get a good one late.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I dont care who your receiver is...it means nothing if chaz green is our starting left guard.
Cooper hurt is knee,MCL...surgery....no news on if thats happened yet....5mnths recovery?...plus he is a f/a.
Id rather this front office draft Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez to be our left guard than sign a vet f/a....considering how well they did last f/a period.
But hey....by all means draft a WR....preferably one who blocks well considering we'll have a crater hole on our OLine.
The point is, if the position is sandwiched between Smith, Frederick, Martin and Collins, I can’t consider that a crater of a hole. The Giants and Seahawks have craters across their offensive lines. We just need an adequate guy to plug in and play between a group of all-pro players. And I said “you guys” because I was speaking to you and Hardline.

cowboyec

Reaction score

you forgot
Austin Corbett,Nevada...T/G
Alex Cappa,Humboldt...T/G
Cole Madison,T/G-Washington St
Mason Cole,Michigan...C/G

cowboyec

Reaction score
The point is, if the position is sandwiched between Smith, Frederick, Martin and Collins, I can’t consider that a crater of a hole. The Giants and Seahawks have craters across their offensive lines. We just need an adequate guy to plug in and play between a group of all-pro players. And I said “you guys” because I was speaking to you and Hardline.
I want what you want...best available at need position....and if its Wynn....Im for it.

ksg811

Reaction score
Quality interior linemen drop in the draft year in and year out. It’s just not a valued position. Just look at Forrest Lamp last year. He went from a locked in top 20 pick to the 2nd round. Unless you’re a generational talent (Nelson), you’re dropping.

97th percentile SPARQ playmakers with the tape to back it up, don’t. This team doesn’t need 10 draft picks, it needS stability on the line and a guy who can create separation and get RAC. Get the best playmaker at 19 and use some of the excess picks to move up in the 2nd for one of the linemen that drop.

RandyOh

Reaction score
you haven't paid attention to other threads have you?
already mentioned OGs I like beyond Rd 1.
WR group is deeper.
better chance you can get a good one late.
Too many draft threads the past few days to remember who each poster likes other then who they are banging on the table for at 19 lol.

Much easier to find a guard day 2 who can be plugged in at LG between 2 all pros then a WR who is actually an upgrade over what we have. Much much easier for an OG to transition to the NFL then a WR. Always has and always will. Its why 1 of these constantly gets overdrafted while the other usually only has one go in the 1st round.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I will take Ridley at 19...........Moore after that...... but I would be happy with either

RandyOh

Reaction score
you forgot
Austin Corbett,Nevada...T/G
Alex Cappa,Humboldt...T/G
Cole Madison,T/G-Washington St
Mason Cole,Michigan...C/G
i think Cappa is a project but he has the tools to play on the blind side. I think he will go much sooner then expected cause of that.

Mason Cole has position flex but to be a long time starter, he needs to play center. Don’t think he has the play strength or anchor to plug in at guard..well at least not right away. Maybe after a season or 2 of technique work and strength training.

Corbett is a nice 3rd option. Not touching Cole Madison till day 3. He needs some work.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Im down with Moore as well, Dave Helman is a huge fan, even more so after the last few days.....An added bonus is that he's from Philly, would be great to have him become an eagles killer everytime we play them.....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You guys honestly believe you need 5 first round offensive linemen, even at the expense of the rest of the team? You’re only marginally improving the line at best. Even if you disagree with drafting a 1st round WR, you have to agree Moore would be a significant upgrade over Terrance Williams. He’d also be the only wideout on the roster who runs great routes, has great hands and creates separation. So who do you think would help Dak and the offense more?

You are arguing a theory.

Yes. In theory, we could upgrade Williams.

But this front office is not going to draft a player at a position where the acquisition would be expected to displace a vested veteran getting paid a lot of money.

Our strategy is to plug holes. The most obvious ones. So you look on the roster, you have a hole at LG. You have a hole at MLB. You have a hole at WR4. Which is the area they attack first? It is not going to be the "Brice Butler" role.

I wish it were not this way but watch it unfold just like this in April.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
I wanted Moore in the 2nd over Ridley in the first when I thought he was 5’9” & ran a 5.56. Knowing he is now bigger stronger & faster than Ridley I would take him at 19 over Ridley.

cnuball21

Reaction score

But this front office is not going to draft a player at a position where the acquisition would be expected to displace a vested veteran getting paid a lot of money.

Our strategy is to plug holes. The most obvious ones. So you look on the roster, you have a hole at LG. You have a hole at MLB. You have a hole at WR4. Which is the area they attack first? It is not going to be the "Brice Butler" role.

Pretty good post.

I'd be ok with Ridley at 19, but even hesitant with him, for the sole reason if I'm picking inside the top 20 I want more than a #2 WR on a running team.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score

Our strategy is to plug holes. WR is maybe the most glaring hole as evident by their visits thus far. If we draft a WR, your “vested veteran” will be demoted to the Brice Butler role where he should have been all along.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Our strategy is to plug holes. WR is maybe the most glaring hole as evident by their visits thus far. If we draft a WR, your “vested veteran” will be demoted to the Brice Butler role where he should have always been.
It is so out of this organization's DNA, I cannot see them taking a player and demoting a player that is getting paid like Williams to a fraction of snaps a game.

If they did that, I would be extremely impressed that they are indeed concerned about getting the best on the field and not going by a salary pecking order.