D.J. Moore VS Calvin Ridley

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think Moore would be fine at outside WR, in an offense that uses him.

Given his age, I actually like him more than Ridley.

That said, the top of the WR class really sucks this year. I wouldn't spend 19 on any of them.

DanA

Reaction score
To me Ridley is a better route runner and has a better get off.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Give me Kurt or Washington at 50.......no way I'm using 19 on WR. There's a nice article out there on the first year success rate of first round WRs over the last 7-8 years.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
You have not made a point.

He was the 5th/6th WR. He was the best blocking WR in college that I've ever seen.

He is a minimum wage type player and with very good size and good enough speed.
Good enough for who? Speak for yourself bro. He needs to either be a tight end or get upgraded

Rayman70

Reaction score
Moore won't be anywhere near the best player available at 19.
exactly...moore will be a day 2 guy. At 50 I would in a heart beat...the guy is a bigger Steve Smith...built solid but runs nasty and fluid.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I did a recent mock draft roundup, which you can find here. Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are bound to go top 11. Derwin James is trending way up and Vita Vea will be right there with him as well. If Dallas can’t trade up for either of those guys, you know who I want? D.J. Moore.

Let’s play the comparison game. If you take away the names and just watch his tape side-by-side with Calvin Ridley’s, I don’t know how you wouldn’t rather have D.J. Moore. Both are great route runners, both have great hands, both get separation, but Moore is a beast after the catch.

If you want to incorporate measurables, Moore comes out on top again.

Height - 6’0” VS 6’0”
Weight - 210 lbs VS 189 lbs
Arms - 31 5/8” VS 31 5/8”
Hands - 9 5/8” VS 9 1/8”
40 Time - 4.42 VS 4.43
Vertical Jump - 39.5” Vs 31”
Broad Jump - 11’0” VS 9’2”
Bench Press - 15 VS 15

Moore is bigger, stronger, faster, has better tape, is three years younger and is more of a dog too. I hope the Cowboys trade up for Derwin James, but I’d be more than happy with D.J. Moore at 19.
His broad jump means squat. You don't draft players based on that. Put the tape on. I do agree though..he is a better fit for us,especially at 50. YOU NEVER DRAFT BASED ON A BROAD JUMP LOL...It wont matter one **** on the field on Sundays.

RandyOh

Reaction score
exactly...moore will be a day 2 guy. At 50 I would in a heart beat...the guy is a bigger Steve Smith...built solid but runs nasty and fluid.
He’s just a 3 inch taller version of the 5 time pro bowler & 3 time all pro who lead the NFL in receptions, yards, and receiving TD’s in 2005? We are passing on that kind of player why?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think we might be reaching a little based on the combine performance.

Ridley has been the clear #1 WR in the scouting community the entire draft process and he has the best tape in the class.

He is just really good at getting open.

A good combine from Moore might slide him up a bit but I still don't see him as better than Ridley.
Think you cant go wrong with either. Ridley is smaller ut hes no slouch in the blocking aspect. And while Moore is more physical Ridley is way more elusive. They are both complete WRs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
To me Ridley is a better route runner and has a better get off.

Short and sweet and I agree and this sticks out in tape.

My only concern with Ridley is the ability to beat tough press at the next level.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Think you cant go wrong with either. Ridley is smaller ut hes no slouch in the blocking aspect. And while Moore is more physical Ridley is way more elusive. They are both complete WRs.
:rolleyes: You just admitted to never watching him play. He’s SOFT in the run game. No slouch my azz

Pants

Reaction score
I am on record that I don't EVER want an Alabama player drafted, and WR is no exception....I am not a fan of Ridley at all, especially @ #19 (I would not want ANY receiver at #19)...I like Moore in the 2nd if he were there, contingent upon them taking a defensive player in round 1...R.Smith or VV in round 1 and Moore in the 2nd, I would be downright giddy

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
:rolleyes: You just admitted to never watching him play. He’s SOFT in the run game. No slouch my azz
Think you need to go and watch. He's not overpowering, but he blocks. He had to being in the alabama offense which is a run first offense.

how are you going to try and call somebody out, you earned an ignore for that lol. And i dont use ignore.

kskboys

Reaction score
Give me Kurt or Washington at 50.......no way I'm using 19 on WR. There's a nice article out there on the first year success rate of first round WRs over the last 7-8 years.
That's because teams keep reaching for them!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was ok with Ridley before the combine, his numbers were a bit disappointing so im off him for now, Chark looks like a better fit for our needs fast big WR

..The TE from Penn State is ridiculous, id rather take flyer on him, MIKE GESICKI..his combine was awesome

Soonerman1

Reaction score
I did a recent mock draft roundup, which you can find here. Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are bound to go top 11. Derwin James is trending way up and Vita Vea will be right there with him as well. If Dallas can’t trade up for either of those guys, you know who I want? D.J. Moore.

Let’s play the comparison game. If you take away the names and just watch his tape side-by-side with Calvin Ridley’s, I don’t know how you wouldn’t rather have D.J. Moore. Both are great route runners, both have great hands, both get separation, but Moore is a beast after the catch.

If you want to incorporate measurables, Moore comes out on top again.

Height - 6’0” VS 6’0”
Weight - 210 lbs VS 189 lbs
Arms - 31 5/8” VS 31 5/8”
Hands - 9 5/8” VS 9 1/8”
40 Time - 4.42 VS 4.43
Vertical Jump - 39.5” Vs 31”
Broad Jump - 11’0” VS 9’2”
Bench Press - 15 VS 15

Moore is bigger, stronger, faster, has better tape, is three years younger and is more of a dog too. I hope the Cowboys trade up for Derwin James, but I’d be more than happy with D.J. Moore at 19.
STOP IT!!!! You are comparing apples to grapefruit, 1000’s of players have been combine Warriors and so so pros if that, see Dontari Poe, Ridley plays in a run dominate offense with a QB that couldn’t throw a watermelon in the ocean. Ridley is against the best defensive coaches and players in the country. Moore is a good prospect but if not DL, LB, OLor S, which are our primary NEEDS, I would prefer DJ Chark or Sutton at 19

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alabama WR Calvin Ridley produced a composite score in the 7.3 percentile during the NFL Scouting Combine.

Wow. Ridley (6'0/189) was considered to be the best wide receiver in the class by a large percentage of analysts coming into Indy, and he still might be. The testing, however, leaves a lot to be desired. He ran a solid 4.43 second 40 yard dash, but he was medicore in his jumping, and his shuttles weren't spectacular, either. The tape matters more with a player like Ridley, but posting the worst SPARQ score of any wide receiver has to make you at least review the tape again.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Alabama WR Calvin Ridley produced a composite score in the 7.3 percentile during the NFL Scouting Combine.

Wow. Ridley (6'0/189) was considered to be the best wide receiver in the class by a large percentage of analysts coming into Indy, and he still might be. The testing, however, leaves a lot to be desired. He ran a solid 4.43 second 40 yard dash, but he was medicore in his jumping, and his shuttles weren't spectacular, either. The tape matters more with a player like Ridley, but posting the worst SPARQ score of any wide receiver has to make you at least review the tape again.
Maybe he’s the Dalvin Cook of the draft, but I’m just not a fan. His combine was alarming.