Twitter: D-Law, Gregory, Gallimore - 3-4 weeks out per Stephen Jones

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
To me— this is indicating a 12/12 return date. And that’s honestly not a bad strategy. No need to rush the guys back into the “3 games in 12 days” marathon. Let em rest and get ready for the stretch run.

They will miss KC, LVR, and NOS games. We certainly stand a decent chance to win all 3 of those games— and then look to get our guys back on the field in time to smack the crap out of the WFT.

We owe them two beatdowns for last year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I can fully understand Gregory.

I can sort of understand Lawrence.

I dont at all understand Gallimore and exactly who diagnosed it as a 4-6 week thing, and we've been told a couple of weeks since early October.

The guy is gonna miss four full months. Makes little sense given the nature of the injury.

What happened and why does no one at these PCs ask?

Frustrating.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dak had no offense season or preseason.....he did ok.
Some will cringe when I say this, but Dak is dang near elite, so I kind of expected Dak to get back to form quick, and he did.

D-Law was once considered somewhat elite (definitely paid like he is), and Gallimore doesn’t have much of a resume that has me thinking he’ll pick up right where he left off. I sure hope he does. I hope they both do.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We're probably not seeing them until the Giants game on the 19th. D-Law hates the Giants so I know he's not missing that game.

Smart the Cowboys are holding them back for the stretch run and the playoffs. If we go 2-2 in the next four weeks we pretty much lock up the East at 9-4. As much as I would love the bye, I would not risk the teams overall health.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can fully understand Gregory.

I can sort of understand Lawrence.

I dont at all understand Gallimore and exactly who diagnosed it as a 4-6 week thing, and we've been told a couple of weeks since early October.

The guy is gonna miss four full months. Makes little sense given the nature of the injury.

What happened and why does no one at these PCs ask?

Frustrating.

I have more urgency to get 3/4ths of the projected defensive line back on the field during this season.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Bummer. Really miss watching RG terrorize Left tackles.

D-Law will be a good welcome back and shore up our run defense and hopefully at this point Gallimore can provide solid depth snap count wise. Not sure what to expect out of him being out this long without practice.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
To be honest I don't want to see any dinged up player on the field during this gauntlet of the next three games in 11? days. If there is any doubt hold them out until the Saints game which will give them 10 days of recovery afterward.

coult44

Reaction score
We're probably not seeing them until the Giants game on the 19th. D-Law hates the Giants so I know he's not missing that game.

I wish we had a Sunday game after the Raiders to give us more time, but playing the next Thursday sucks. I guess after that we will have 10 days though.

Mannix

Reaction score
Does any team take longer to come back from non season ending injuries than we do??? Aaron Jones...sprained MCL and he could be back next week....this is just strange as hell!!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does any team take longer to come back from non season ending injuries than we do??? Aaron Jones...sprained MCL and he could be back next week....this is just strange as hell!!!!!!

It makes me wonder more and more if they’re afraid to put Lawrence back on the field for fear of another injury. I think they want to cut him after the season and may be worried about another Jaylon Smith situation where they can’t cut a guy who’s hurt and can’t pass a physical.

The longer this goes on the stronger my suspicions get.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don’t get the feeling that the Cowboys are in any hurry to get back either Lawrence or Gallimore.

Beaker42

Reaction score
wth man,gallimore was supposed to be out for 6 weeks,now its like he is out for the whole season.
What I’ve been saying. It’s like he broke his elbow, dislocated it and had it amputated all at same time. IOW, it was way more jacked than they let on initially.

jnday

Reaction score

DLaw is not worth 5 million a year considering his decline in production and injuries. The defense is not missing him at all. I hope Jerry recognizes this and finds a way to get rid of him and his contract.