Twitter: D-Law, Gregory, Gallimore - 3-4 weeks out per Stephen Jones

rambo2

Reaction score
I think that they are intentionally holding them back and I think it is a smart thing to do. They will have a fresh and healthy defensive line for the playoff run.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Well let's be honest, who is Neville Gallimore? He's hasn't done anything in the league yet. He's treated around here like he's some proven stud DT when he's looked a lot like Maliek Collins so far.
This. Until he proves otherwise (which he very well may do when given the chance), at this point he's a body that will be nice to have in the rotation down the stretch.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I give up on Gallimore. If he comes back then I don’t expect a upgrade. And D-Law I am over him and his contract. Will be happy to get Gregory back. Shame he was injured in one on one stuff. I hope the FO don’t think them coming back during the playoffs will do anything other than rotational players. Maybe D-Law gives us a bump..

Plankton

Reaction score
It makes me wonder more and more if they’re afraid to put Lawrence back on the field for fear of another injury. I think they want to cut him after the season and may be worried about another Jaylon Smith situation where they can’t cut a guy who’s hurt and can’t pass a physical.

The longer this goes on the stronger my suspicions get.

Lawrence has no injury guarantee on his 2022 contract. It's no issue at all with him.

Plankton

Reaction score
Well let's be honest, who is Neville Gallimore? He's hasn't done anything in the league yet. He's treated around here like he's some proven stud DT when he's looked a lot like Maliek Collins so far.

Collins at least had five sacks as a rookie. Gallimore at best showed some flashes.

GoldenR

Reaction score
It is the worst contract in Boys history! Tank hasn't been right since not signing that young dudes autograph! I also never understood the applause for Gallimore?? Rotation player at best and we need more than that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong. That only applies if his contract is guaranteed for injury, which it isn't in 2022. If he can't pass a physical, they can release him.

Sorry but everything I’m reading says they can’t just cut an injured player outright. If you have something that proves otherwise I’d love to read it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Why do these franchise executives think that it is okay to lie to us?

If they don't want to tell us the truth then they should just say they prefer not to comment. That's much better than a lie.

Aug 14th
Reports indicate that Gallimore's timeline ranges from six to eight weeks, but at the minimum it sounds like it'll be more than a month. Even the longer timeline would have him back sometime in October, well before the halfway point of the season.

Sep 2nd
Gallimore is recovering from a dislocated elbow, while Joseph suffered a groin injury during Dallas’ preseason finale last week. While each is expected to return this season, neither can do so before Week 4. Gallimore’s timeline lines up with that return date.

Sep 14th
Gallimore isn’t the only Cowboys IR-to-return player who could be activated this week.Neville Gallimore and Kelvin Joseph more than likely have the best chance to be activated off of IR if healthy this week

Sep 28th
Believe it or not, but there is some good news on the horizon for the Dallas Cowboys. With Week 3 now in the books, the Cowboys could possibly have some reinforcements joining the team either this week prior to taking on the undefeated Panthers, or soon after. Headlining that list is none other than Neville Gallimore, a projected starter prior to his injury.

Oct 11th
"We got Trysten Hill (recovering from torn ACL) and(Neville) Gallimore coming back. All these guys are going to be big pluses for us when they come back. But Gallimore and Lawrence are going to take some more time here, and it's probably (going to be) a month-plus before we get them back." - Stephen Jones

Nov 18th
Stephen Jones on
@SiriusXMNFL says Tank Lawrence, Randy Gregory an HR Neville Gallimore are more likely 3-4 weeks out than 1-2 weeks out.

I mean, really? It's so obvious but they don't care?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong. That only applies if his contract is guaranteed for injury, which it isn't in 2022. If he can't pass a physical, they can release him.

“teams are not allowed to just cut a player who is injured. They must come to a settlement with them. “