Twitter: D-Law has seen double teams 35% of the time

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Monday night I saw Khalil Mack get double teamed most of the night.

I also saw him tearing through the double teams most of the night.

We played the same team he played the week before.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
LOL....I'd say that's BS. Guy is always doubled...being he's either having a TE block down or a RB is chipping him. Rarely is he ever singled up.

35%....that's laughable. I'd put money on that...it's double that percentage. :popcorn:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence has been playing well. I’m not really not sure where the idea he isn’t, is coming from.

The rest of the D-line has been underperforming so far. That is going to change with Quinn playing.
It is coming 100% from the number in the sack column by his name. It’s like some fans don’t realize there are other ways that a DE impacts the game. Pressures, drawing double teams, etc. don’t matter to some.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is coming 100% from the number in the sack column by his name. It’s like some fans don’t realize there are other ways that a DE impacts the game. Pressures, drawing double teams, etc. don’t matter to some.

So the other great pass rushers in the league do not do that also ....... and get sacks?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence has been playing well. I’m not really not sure where the idea he isn’t, is coming from.

The rest of the D-line has been underperforming so far. That is going to change with Quinn playing.

Some just look at stats such as the number of sacks. They do not look at impact or even understand it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So the other great pass rushers in the league do not do that also ....... and get sacks?

That can be the case. Some benefit from having a player on the other side that offenses feel they have to double-team. Some are hurt by having no one on the other side that offenses feel they have to double-team.

Sacks are a product of a lot of different things. Tyrone Crawford is just a half-sack behind Lawrence, but Crawford's sack was a direct result of Lawrence taking a hard inside move and drawing all of the blockers to him.

On Sunday, Lawrence actually benefited from having a quality pass rusher on the opposite side as Quinn's upfield rush behind the quarterback caused him to leave the pocket and allowed Lawrence to spin off his block and brink him down.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Some of them do, Z... and DeMarcus does and will get sacks. but some of those ends that get sacks aren’t as strong as DeMarcus is against the run. Also some of them might have another great rusher beside them who helps free things up.

Anyway, I understand why you’re wanting him to start getting more sacks, and I think he will.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That can be the case. Some benefit from having a player on the other side that offenses feel they have to double-team. Some are hurt by having no one on the other side that offenses feel they have to double-team.

Sacks are a product of a lot of different things. Tyrone Crawford is just a half-sack behind Lawrence, but Crawford's sack was a direct result of Lawrence taking a hard inside move and drawing all of the blockers to him.

Yes I understand that ....... but Lawrence is not supposed to be just a good DE ........ he is being paid to be a great DE like Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack ....... in that league.

Those guys got double teamed ...... made their teammates better ........ and got sacks.

If Tank is still hurt ......... then fine, say that. Just do not start a thread saying he is not getting sacks because he is being double teamed 35% of the time.

I like Tank ....... I am glad we paid him ....... just excuse time is over ...... the easy part of our schedule is over.

Time to be Tank again.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of them do, Z... and DeMarcus does and will get sacks. but some of those ends that get sacks aren’t as strong as DeMarcus is against the run. Also some of them might have another great rusher beside them who helps free things up.

Anyway, I understand why you’re wanting him to start getting more sacks, and I think he will.

I think he will to.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This thread literally gives you the data. Not meaning to come at you but I post a lot of data that seems to be ignored often!
I didn't see how often Maliek Collins gets double teamed in this thread.
You know perchance?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Yes I understand that ....... but Lawrence is not supposed to be just a good DE ........ he is being paid to be a great DE like Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack ....... in that league.

Those guys got double teamed ...... made their teammates better ........ and got sacks.

If Tank is still hurt ......... then fine, say that. Just do not start a thread saying he is not getting sacks because he is being double teamed 35% of the time.

I like Tank ....... I am glad we paid him ....... just excuse time is over ...... the easy part of our schedule is over.

Time to be Tank again.
Tank is just a sack and a half behind Mack. Strahan didn't have a single sack in the first 2 games of the 2001 season and ended up with the *Record.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Time to be Tank again.

Ware had eight seasons with fewer than 12 sacks and four with more than that. He had 1 sack through his first three games his first two years, 2 sacks through three games his third year, none through his first three games his fifth season.

His fourth season (his 20-sack year) and from his sixth season on, he put up better sack numbers earlier.

Sack numbers fluctuate because there is so much involved in getting one. Some are trash sacks, some are sacks one player caused but another player benefited from, some are because teams are focused on blocking another player, some are caused by scheme, etc.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agreed but hes had 1.5 sacks against bum sauce and i dont think hes even drawn a holding call.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Agreed but hes had 1.5 sacks against bum sauce and i dont think hes even drawn a holding call.
He does need to pick it up, but I kind of expected a slow start from him with him missing all of camp and only barely getting the all clear to play by week 1.

We will know better in the next few games.

Quinn will help him as much as getting back fully healthy.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
There are some other big time players out there that aren't putting up big sack numbers through the first few weeks. Just the way it is sometimes. I think Von Miller has a grand total of zero.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Time to be Tank again.

I didn’t suggest anything like that.