Twitter: D-Law has seen double teams 35% of the time

jrumann59

Reaction score
If one guy is getting triple teamed and Collins is getting double teamed who is blocking the other DE and DT?
I will assume your question is tongue in cheek? If not just because a guy is getting blocked by two and chipped by a third does not mean someone else is also getting a double. Its possible but remember there still is 65% of the snaps left many schemes may call for a double at the point of attack. Sometimes another guy is left free on a backside gambling he cannot make the play from behind. A formation with TE and back helping means they can dedicate more guys 7 to block 4

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In Lawrence's own words, he's not satisfied with his performance thus far this year. He was double and triple teamed last year and still managed to have the super year that he did. He missed TC, in addition to committing to his required lengthy rehab from his long overdue surgery. I'm just as sure as hopeful that he'll return to his form of last year by mid season. Hopefully, it won't take that long, if all goes well but labrum tears take their own sweet time! Expect him to return to his old self in incremental degrees of progress. I seriously wonder how many of us are truly capable of being patient! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When any team only has one DL that concerns the OC and QB, they do tend to double him. Same thing they did to Ware and Ratliff would make them pay but he would run down by the 3Q.

5 OL, 4 DL, someone's getting doubled unless they blitz. Same thing the Cowboys will do to Jordan but Davenport, Rankins and Brown are better than the other 3 on the Cowboys DL. They can be pretty well managed with one blocker and the Saints do have a good OL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so he is doing his job, getting double and triple teamed, means others should be singled and they should be beating their man...

I also noticed that we have run a lot of prevent defense, rushing 4, dropping 7......
agreed and yes so far its been known we havent been doing much EXTRA much like the eagles and good teams do on Defense when they know they can play straight up vanilla type D against lessor teams.

Im sure they will create pressure, blitzes, more disguised pressures when they come up against better teams in closer games..