Twitter: D-Law has seen double teams 35% of the time

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
DLaw jumps inside a lot. So are these real double teams or is he just running into a guard as he jumps inside?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He is literally earning his money getting doubled at a higher rate than anyone else in football.

That makes life for literally everyone else exponentially easier.

Basic football is not always comprehended by casual fans...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He does need to pick it up, but I kind of expected a slow start from him with him missing all of camp and only barely getting the all clear to play by week 1.

We will know better in the next few games.

Quinn will help him as much as getting back fully healthy.
Collins is playing really well inside. If quinn gets going it should really open up things for him. We shall see

blueblood70

Reaction score
I heard on a talk show hes been doubled and even tripled with chip 35% of his snaps, most in the league through 3 games..

Maybe this is the issue with his sacks, not that hes bad but some in here questioning his contract.. Maybe Quinn and later Gregory etc more blitzes etc etc will help him get on track..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There was a long thread about this last night.

Yes it is probably having an effect.

Yes he is doing things to get other people free.

Yes his supporting cast needs to be better.

No this does not excuse him from getting sacks.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I didnt see it and I just heard this on the radio LIVE this morning..

Yes it does excuse him from getting mass sacks.. jeez if hes the focal point to that degree ie most in the league..yes its valid excuse..

but yes when Quinn and others starts racking up pressures and sacks it will help..

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I heard on a talk show hes been doubled and even tripled with chip 35% of his snaps, most in the league through 3 games..

Maybe this is the issue with his sacks, not that hes bad but some in here questioning his contract.. Maybe Quinn and later Gregory etc more blitzes etc etc will help him get on track..
With Robert Quinn coming on in the 2nd half vs the Fins, I expect more of the same vs Bridgewater and the Saints. We’ll get home on him. When and how often remains the mystery!

I predict this game as the one that produces turnovers in favor of the Cowboys!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And Collins gets double-teamed like crazy also.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didnt see it and I just heard this on the radio LIVE this morning..

Yes it does excuse him from getting mass sacks.. jeez if hes the focal point to that degree ie most in the league..yes its valid excuse..

but yes when Quinn and others starts racking up pressures and sacks it will help..

My thing is ...... I saw Mack getting doubled all Monday night and he was destroying the Commanders.

I also watched Ware his entire career get doubled on almost every play and still dominated.

I just hope Tank gets his mojo back before Sunday night ....... We need him to be a super star

InTheZone

Reaction score
sacks don't tell the whole story. I want to see him healthy and I want to see him get pressure when the opportunity presents itself.

risco

Reaction score

Based on how hard Quinn was playing last Sunday, things should open up for DLaw.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Now that he has an opposite. I totally expect to see him get his. Quinn is going to make a huge difference. Not because he's great. Because he has a partner on the other side

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If one guy is getting triple teamed and Collins is getting double teamed who is blocking the other DE and DT?

Beat me too it. That is alot of other people being 1 on 1 and we are not getting any pressure at all. Now put on the first half of da bears game the other night and I swear it seems everyone was getting a piece of Case.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so he is doing his job, getting double and triple teamed, means others should be singled and they should be beating their man...

I also noticed that we have run a lot of prevent defense, rushing 4, dropping 7......