Dak’s 2020 Empty Calories

bandfan

Reaction score
Dak was on pace to throw a whopping 61.1% down by 7 in the fourth quarter, with a major WHOPPING 4.6 yards per attempt and 1 INT. He also threw 3 INTs down by 1-8 points, with a 4 TD-3 INT ratio.

This guy goes into a complete shell and becomes a choke artist when he’s not throwing empty calories period, when down by a lot.

NFL.com doesn’t tally the amount of throws when down by plus 16, but it’s easily calculated. Forty of his 188 attempts while behind were from above 16 points, where he’s thrown 30 completions on 40 targets, meaning close to 80%.

All GARBAGE yardage against soft coverages meant to burn time off tire clock.

https://www.nfl.com/players/dak-prescott/stats/situational
Never hit a man when he's down, kick him it's easer....Jeez

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I enjoy you as my hater. One of the wittiest guys on this forum. Can’t hate on that..
Took me a sec because my head is in several places, but I do appreciate the props.
And you should know you've always been one of my faves.

I've declared it several times.
I know I've thrown propers your way ten times more than several here combined over our history.
Maybe more than ten...

khiladi

Reaction score
Took me a sec because my head is in several places, but I do appreciate the props.
And you should know you've always been one of my faves.

I've declared it several times.
I know I've thrown propers your way ten times more than several here combined over our history.
Maybe more than ten...

no hard feelings between me and you. I respect your game.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m not even going to bother to look it up again, but going by recollection our defense was 11th in scoring last year when it was supposedly the defenses fault while Dak’s offense went scoreless for five quarters and was 17th in red zone scoring and 22nd .

Apparently they sucked because Marinelli played a bend don’t break defense and was content with allowing yardage, while closing down on scoring.

But yeah, how many excuses does Dak with the defense?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Some fans are already building Dalton up after one last minute win over a winless Giants team, keeping an eye on how the rest of the season plays out and how Dalton is judged if he fails to met the expectations some have already made for him.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dalton was a second round draft pick, Dak was drafted as a back up known to completely crap the bed in his Senior Year as he padded stats in blow out losses and he couldn’t beat a ranked team.

Dalton is better in every level other than being more difficult to take down. Dak’s mechanics are worse, he doesn’t practice well, his wind up is slow and he often gets caught throwing off his back foot and he’s a one-read QB.

no, a one read QB doesn’t give us a better chance to win with three all world WRs.
.....all you need to do is say "AJ McCarron" around Red Rifle....his response may tell you something.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not even going to bother to look it up again, but going by recollection our defense was 11th in scoring last year when it was supposedly the defenses fault while Dak’s offense went scoreless for five quarters and was 17th in red zone scoring and 22nd .

Apparently they sucked because Marinelli played a bend don’t break defense and was content with allowing yardage, while closing down on scoring.

But yeah, how many excuses does Dak with the defense?
Not the yardage allowed, the time of possession. Basic football principles. Some don't understand, cause they're to busy blabbering.

Adreme

Reaction score
Thi is all smokescreen. I don’t care about your ‘logical argument’ that is based on false premises. The result is Garrett wasn’t touching the offense and further we can go 8-8 for a number of reasons, while Dak still blew.

Your very first posted this nonsense:

really, stop sweating yourself with big words that are meaningless to the fact that Dak pads stats as the numbers point out. Logical arguments can be true logically and completely false as far as reality is concerned. That’s why philosophers don’t get paid the big bucks.

Which premise is false? Is it that teams with scrub QBs do not consistently win at least 8 games because I can prove that easily with decades of statistics so that one is obviously true. So clearly the Cowboys overachieved if you believe to be a scrub. There really are only two premises for this conclusion one of which is YOUR premise: Dak is a scrub QB and teams with scrub QBs do not have the record the Cowboys have even the past 3 years. The second is again easily provable and the first is your premise. From those premises the conclusion is that as the Cowboys were doing better than they should have, give the team they had, that Jason Garrett.

You keep saying smokescreen and that word does not mean what you think it means because my argument is very simple. My premises that led to the conclusion fit 2 lines. There is no smokescreen when EVERYONE else can understand it easily. Either you are very easily confused or you cannot accept the consequences of your own position. If you believe the Garrett regime was actually doing a good job and therefore should still be around then that is a fair position to take (I guess) but do not run from your own position. HOW the Garrett regime got those wins is not relevant to the fact that they happened and by your premise they happened with a scrub QB. Clearly if you believe that to be true than Jason Garrett was doing a very good job and should still be around.

khiladi

Reaction score
Which premise is false? Is it that teams with scrub QBs do not consistently win at least 8 games because I can prove that easily with decades of statistics so that one is obviously true. So clearly the Cowboys overachieved if you believe to be a scrub. There really are only two premises for this conclusion one of which is YOUR premise: Dak is a scrub QB and teams with scrub QBs do not have the record the Cowboys have even the past 3 years. The second is again easily provable and the first is your premise. From those premises the conclusion is that as the Cowboys were doing better than they should have, give the team they had, that Jason Garrett.

You keep saying smokescreen and that word does not mean what you think it means because my argument is very simple. My premises that led to the conclusion fit 2 lines. There is no smokescreen when EVERYONE else can understand it easily. Either you are very easily confused or you cannot accept the consequences of your own position. If you believe the Garrett regime was actually doing a good job and therefore should still be around then that is a fair position to take (I guess) but do not run from your own position. HOW the Garrett regime got those wins is not relevant to the fact that they happened and by your premise they happened with a scrub QB. Clearly if you believe that to be true than Jason Garrett was doing a very good job and should still be around.

More gibberish.. Teams went to the SB with scrub QBs like Dilfer and Grossman. Blake Bortles was like a game away from the SB, while the refs gifted the Pats bogus PI calls. Scrub QBs go 8-8 all the time and have, throughout the history of football. Your premises are joke and you are trying to maneuver around your original false assumptions and trying to narrow down your false assumptions as the only ones possible now. Your not slick either. We had a talented roster all these years.. Dak was the problem.. If you followed my posts, you would have known that Dak’s mediocrity is what limited the team. We had an all-pro line and a generational back that consistently gave Dak More man looks than any other QB. Linehan and Moore did decent jobs to shield these mediocrity, including competition tailoring the offense to his limitations.

Just admit you were completely wrong. Jason Garrett wasn’t even allowed to touch the offense and was a figurehead since 2014.

like I said, stop propping up yourself with your logic. There is a Reason philosophers don’t get paid the big bucks.

Cmac

Reaction score
Damn.....kick a man while he's down??? Dak, though you made mistakes this year.....Its ALL your fault that the team was trailing more this season, than ever leading. Dak is the 2020 Offensive Fall Guy.....got it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More gibberish.. Teams went to the SB with scrub QBs like Dilfer and Grossman. Blake Bortles was like a game away from the SB, while the refs gifted the Pats bogus PI calls. Scrub QBs go 8-8 all the time and have, throughout the history of football. Your premises are joke and you are trying to maneuver around your original false assumptions and trying to narrow down your false assumptions as the only ones possible now. Your not slick either. We had a talented roster all these years.. Dak was the problem.. If you followed my posts, you would have known that Dak’s mediocrity is what limited the team. We had an all-pro line and a generational back that consistently gave Dak More man looks than any other QB. Linehan and Moore did decent jobs to shield these mediocrity, including competition tailoring the offense to his limitations.

Just admit you were completely wrong. Jason Garrett wasn’t even allowed to touch the offense and was a figurehead since 2014.

like I said, stop propping up yourself with your logic. There is a Reason philosophers don’t get paid the big bucks.

8-8 last season 1-3 (should have been 0-4) this season 1 playoff win and there crying that they lost a QB of the stature of Mahomes.:confused:
Cry away Dak-Trolls for a QB that simply doesn't exist on our roster!
For us, all we want is our team to rebound and turn things around starting this Monday night!
Go, Boys!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dak was on pace to throw a whopping 61.1% down by 7 in the fourth quarter, with a major WHOPPING 4.6 yards per attempt and 1 INT. He also threw 3 INTs down by 1-8 points, with a 4 TD-3 INT ratio.

This guy goes into a complete shell and becomes a choke artist when he’s not throwing empty calories period, when down by a lot.

NFL.com doesn’t tally the amount of throws when down by plus 16, but it’s easily calculated. Forty of his 188 attempts while behind were from above 16 points, where he’s thrown 30 completions on 40 targets, meaning close to 80%.

All GARBAGE yardage against soft coverages meant to burn time off tire clock.

https://www.nfl.com/players/dak-prescott/stats/situational
If anyone knows football, stats are not garbage time stats when you comeback and put your team in position to win. Each of the losses in 2020, Dak Prescott led his team back to win or took the lead with less than 3 minutes (approx.) left in the game.

When your Head Coach makes calls that jeopardizes the comeback victory, or your defense flat out snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory, your QB is not getting garbage time stats. Your QB is showing he is a franchise QB that will one year tag himself to a large dollar long term contract with another team.

Last year vs. the Packers, Vikings, Bills, and Bears game where garbage time stats as the Cowboys offense and defense were out of those games.

Roger Staubach had all those comeback victories because he was a franchise QB that had a Hall of Fame Head Coach that kept him with a defense that gave opportunities to win. That is not the case with the 2020 Dallas Cowboys. They have a franchise QB on a one year franchise tag, and a defense that is non-existing setting records ALL TIME for AWFUL with Coaches that have no hope at all for Hall of Fame consideration (McCarthy the big Blue M&M is ruining his bleak and slight hope).

Adreme

Reaction score

um before I jump into why you are wrong on the face of your argument, I should probably tell you that are using the wrong profession in addition to everything else (its actually hard to take you seriously when you constantly use words incorrectly). A philosopher is not the profession that uses the kind of logic I am using, or at least not the primary one as those types of arguments are very rare in philosophy. The profession that uses that kind of logic is more in STEM fields specifically on the Math and CS side of STEM, the latter of which I can personally tell does make the big bucks.

Now onto the rest of your silly argument. First and foremost those teams had all time great defenses and the Cowboys defense was barley top 10 any of the past 4 years (really not so much this year) so certainly not a team built on defense which can scrape the odd set of wins together. However, the other and more important fact was the word consistently. There is a reason I used a 3-year window. After making the SB, and in the Ravens case winning it with likely the greatest defense of all time, both teams went 7-9 the following season and fell off the face of the earth. You do not win consistently in the NFL, especially recently as the rules since both those teams made it that far as the rules have been changed to help the offense, without having a top tier QB. Winning 8 or 9 games with a scrub QB even as a one off requires an all-time great defense which they did have and that obviously does not translate year-to-year whereas the Cowboys seem to get 8 or 9 wins regardless.

HOW the coaches divided up responsibility does not change the fact that it was divided it up in a way that caused the team to win more than it historically should have and when that happens you also historically keep the head coach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So teams win SBs with scrub QBs and you think Dak is a scrub??? That means you think Dak is a SB winning caliber QB!!! I like the way you think, but you're gonna tick off Puppy.