Dak’s 2020 Empty Calories

blueblood70

Reaction score
There was a great line in Coppolla's Dracula that was drowned out by the tidal wave of a terrible film, but went like:

"The very name "venereal diseases", the "diseases of Venus", imputes to them divine origin. They are involved in that sex problem about which the ethics and ideals of Christian civilization are concerned. In fact, civilization and syphilization have advanced together."
lol thanks for Geeking my post up but ill take it :))

Adreme

Reaction score
No your argument was that Dak was overcoming Jerry’s adopted son Garrett, who was dimly a figure-head since 2014 and the only reason he was around was because of nepotism and Jason’s father being a dear friend of Garrett’s dad for thirty years..

No that was not my argument. You WANTED that to be my argument so you argued against that (aka a strawman argument).

My argument does not involve Dak's numbers at all. I am operating purely under the notion that the team was consistently .500 or better for the past few years with a "scrub" QB. Teams with a "scrub" QB do not achieve that result and certainly not consistently. Even the stacked ones bounce between 5 and 7 wins. Therefore, by your premise, the team was overachieving with Dak as QB if he was a scrub and if the team is overachieving you do not change head coaches. The only relevant point about Dak in my argument is that I am taking your argument at face value that Dak is a scrub.

To boil my argument down to simple logic: if Dak is a scrub then the team was overachieving. If the team was overachieving then you clearly do not fire the head coach leading the overachieving football team. Taking these two premises you come to the conclusion that if Dak is scrub then Jason Garrett should not have been fired.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak was on pace to throw a whopping 61.1% down by 7 in the fourth quarter, with a major WHOPPING 4.6 yards per attempt and 1 INT. He also threw 3 INTs down by 1-8 points, with a 4 TD-3 INT ratio.

This guy goes into a complete shell and becomes a choke artist when he’s not throwing empty calories period, when down by a lot.

NFL.com doesn’t tally the amount of throws when down by plus 16, but it’s easily calculated. Forty of his 188 attempts while behind were from above 16 points, where he’s thrown 30 completions on 40 targets, meaning close to 80%.

All GARBAGE yardage against soft coverages meant to burn time off tire clock.

https://www.nfl.com/players/dak-prescott/stats/situational

He still isn’t a better garbage time QB than Tony Romo.

khiladi

Reaction score
I must say, probably my most favorite time of the forum in the last month was probably last week when Dak-stans started threads about how this organization doesn’t deserve him and he should just walk, since he’s carrying a bunch of bums... You know who you are... Come on.. here, kitty, kitty.. stop hiding yourselves...

khiladi

Reaction score
No that was not my argument. You WANTED that to be my argument so you argued against that (aka a strawman argument).

My argument does not involve Dak's numbers at all. I am operating purely under the notion that the team was consistently .500 or better for the past few years with a "scrub" QB. Teams with a "scrub" QB do not achieve that result and certainly not consistently. Even the stacked ones bounce between 5 and 7 wins. Therefore, by your premise, the team was overachieving with Dak as QB if he was a scrub and if the team is overachieving you do not change head coaches. The only relevant point about Dak in my argument is that I am taking your argument at face value that Dak is a scrub.

To boil my argument down to simple logic: if Dak is a scrub then the team was overachieving. If the team was overachieving then you clearly do not fire the head coach leading the overachieving football team. Taking these two premises you come to the conclusion that if Dak is scrub then Jason Garrett should not have been fired.

No, that was exactly your argument. You claimed it was a logical imperative that Garrett and his coaching staff stay on.. nowhere did I discuss logical imperatives homie. The rest of the stuff is just smoke after you were proven wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
so Leeblair, errr...I mean Khiladi...you are avoiding answering questions........you called Dak's stats garbage time stats. yet fail to explain what garbage means.

with that said, in your expert opinion being down by one score in the 4th quarter is considered garbage in your book?

and are you calling in those two last second attempts in the game as Interceptions in your calculations.

why are you so hateful of Dak, its starting to look a little freakish as you seem to have a personal vendetta against the guy and awfully obsessive....

what is with you dude....relax. chill. no one give a fvck what you have to say Leeblair...err Khiladi....

btw, your QB is about to take the field....so anything less than what you described above, anything less than scoring in every quarter and every drive and any imperfect pass will get scrutinized to no end. expectations are 11-0 run by Dalton...its your standards Lee that Dalton has to live up to.....get your spinner ready

Why are you talking to me after you told somebody else to stop wasting their time? Go home, I’m not dealing with your hypocrisy.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
every team do it, the Eagles been doing it for years.
If so then I will say it will be pretty clear this off'season if the two swindlers really want to win a Super Bowl. Signing scrubs like Daryl Worley wont cut it.

Adreme

Reaction score
No, that was exactly your argument. You claimed it was a logical imperative that Garrett and his coaching staff stay on.. nowhere did I discuss logical imperatives homie. The rest of the stuff is just smoke after you were proven wrong.

You proved the strawman argument wrong that I was clearly not arguing was wrong. You failed to understand the argument and added words to it that did not exist. Every post I made is still sitting right in this thread and everyone with even a middle-school level of reading comprehension can see that I was not arguing what you think I was.

I get why you run away from the actual premise though. You realize that arguing my actual conclusion would require challenging one of the premises and the only one you can challenge is the one about Dak being a scrub which obviously ruins the entire thread so you do not wish to do that. However, taking your premise Jason Garrett logically should still be the head coach of the Cowboys. What Dak overcame or did not is not relevant because the only thing I am doing is taking the premise of your thread as fact and applying a simple logical path to that premise.

Basically I would explain it to you yet again but of everyone reading this thread EVERYONE else realizes my actual argument and only you seem incapable of figuring it out. Basically the problem here is clearly you so I will let you reread and when you figure it out you can get back to the conversation... or not I do not really care that much.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You proved the strawman argument wrong that I was clearly not arguing was wrong. You failed to understand the argument and added words to it that did not exist. Every post I made is still sitting right in this thread and everyone with even a middle-school level of reading comprehension can see that I was not arguing what you think I was.

I get why you run away from the actual premise though. You realize that arguing my actual conclusion would require challenging one of the premises and the only one you can challenge is the one about Dak being a scrub which obviously ruins the entire thread so you do not wish to do that. However, taking your premise Jason Garrett logically should still be the head coach of the Cowboys. What Dak overcame or did not is not relevant because the only thing I am doing is taking the premise of your thread as fact and applying a simple logical path to that premise.

Basically I would explain it to you yet again but of everyone reading this thread EVERYONE else realizes my actual argument and only you seem incapable of figuring it out. Basically the problem here is clearly you so I will let you reread and when you figure it out you can get back to the conversation... or not I do not really care that much.
He does this in every single debate he gets into. Even calling him out on it will not change his style.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
give it a rest jeez dude..i thought pappy was bad you have risen to #1 hater status..Dak trolls train in full effect..

Conversely, if some are Dak haters, does that make some like you Dak Lovers?
Based on what?
A 1-3 revord before he went down and Dalton got us to 2-3?
Stop the personal attacks.
Trolls? Seriously? If you don't love Dak and his trash time numbers in losing games then you are a troll?
Matey, when you send flowers to the $31 million man, me tears will accompany them.