Dak’s improved deep ball is way more important than any play call change

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't know if you are intentionally being funny or if you're serious.

Statements like "I know when I see it" or "I saw it with my own eyes, I don't need stats", etc. have bee used so often by clueless people at CZ that it's become an inside joke almost like "Let's trade Dexter Coakley...".

Just for clarification, I'm allowed to think it but not say it?
Do you think when can still get a 4th for Coakley?... lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just for clarification, I'm allowed to think it but not say it?
Do you think when can still get a 4th for Coakley?... lol
As long as you don't say it...
Wait!
Just train your brain to stop thinking it:

shutterstock_5885876aa.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So not so much a weakness but more like a rare occurrence.
Frankly, I don't recall Troy missing on many deep passes
when the target was open.
I do and it was talked about quite often as his only weakness. He was so strong in other areas such as leadership and mid-range accuracy that it didn’t matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's just drop it. We all know Brees is better than BB, especially in the last five years.

Lindy's is consistently wrong, and wrong here too. Lindy's say's Ben is better when it's close or better in tbe playoffs, that's been proven wrong and isn't true. Not only does Ben perform worse, but the offense around him also performs worse than Brees' despite Brees having less talent around him during that time.

Let's move on.
Ah, the old NUH UH argument!!!!!!

Funny stuff, Q!!!!!!!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ah, the old NUH UH argument!!!!!!

Funny stuff, Q!!!!!!!!

There was no "nu uh" in my point..?

It was simply stated facts.

Your argument: lindy's- that's it
Everyone elses: Lindy's isn't a good source becaus he's consistently wrong(and showing how Lindy's has been proven wrong specifically in the Brees vs BB debate), other analysts, stats, surrounding talent

There's a clear cut winner here.

fansince68

Reaction score
Kellen Moore gets all the hype but the real MVP of the offseason to me is what Kitna is doing with Daks deep ball.

Even in last years “boring offense” there were easily 7 or 8 gimme TDs there that were just missed like Beasley vs the Falcons, Olawale vs Colts and how many bombs to Gallup.

Just connect on the bombs and everything changes. Whole every offense could use some updates, Daks deep ball changes everything.

Remember the great saints averaged 19 ppg the rest of the year starting vs Dallas and the Rams were nothing like their old selves once Krupp went down.

Moore having shifts will do more for the running game IMO because it moves the LBs when Zeke can cut it back.
Gotta see these improved deep passes in a game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
As long as you don't say it...
Wait!
Just train your brain to stop thinking it:

shutterstock_5885876aa.jpg

Okay, I'll try but I really do think I know what a quarterbaaa!*^/%#!
Whew that's some high voltage right there... lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
I do and it was talked about quite often as his only weakness. He was so strong in other areas such as leadership and mid-range accuracy that it didn’t matter.

Are we talking about missing a guy who has gotten behind coverage?
Or are we including every deep throw beyond 20 yards or whatever?

I know he would take shots, covered or not, to keep the defense back for Emmitt.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we talking about missing a guy who has gotten behind coverage?
Or are we including every deep throw beyond 20 yards or whatever?

I know he would take shots, covered or not, to keep the defense back for Emmitt.

Unfortunately Zeke hasn't had that luxury since he entered the league....imagine how many more yards he would have if defenses respected our passing long game?
Mama Mia.......now we're talking Superbowl baby!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately Zeke hasn't had that luxury since he entered the league....imagine how many more yards he would have if defenses respected our passing long game?
Imagine all you want, Zeke has hardly been doing it on his own. He gets better than average blocking so put that imagination in check and understand what we've gotten out of Zeke so far is his best. He won't be increasing his yearly rushing yardage by much just because the passing game is better. Better passing will only lead to more passing yards, not rushing. Rather than replying with one of your smart comments, just remember I said this and thank me for it later when the Cowboys performance proves me right. ;)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine all you want, Zeke has hardly been doing it on his own. He gets better than average blocking so put that imagination in check and understand what we've gotten out of Zeke so far is his best. He won't be increasing his yearly rushing yardage by much just because the passing game is better. Better passing will only lead to more passing yards, not rushing. Rather than replying with one of your smart comments, just remember I said this and thank me for it later when the Cowboys performance proves me right. ;)

Yes my King will do asap lol....hey Joe sell crazy elsewhere we don't play that here!
A respected Passing attack will always give you more yards on the ground for reasons even a child knows!!!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes my King will do asap lol....hey Joe sell crazy elsewhere we don't play that here!
A respected Passing attack will always give you more yards on the ground for reasons even a child knows!!!!!!
Just as my sage advice to you was to say nothing and just remember what I said so you can thank me later, I will say nothing more but I will remember what you just said so I can mock you in the future for saying it. Good times for the Cowboys are coming and all the great fans will love every minute. Its even better when we have discussions like this and bragging rights are on the line. Eat crow @PAPPYDOG, but alas... you are still a great fan, my brother! :thumbup:

RoboQB

Reaction score

Wassup, Dog.

I was discussing Aikman. It seems there are some who feel his deep ball throws were his weakness.
Then they walk it back saying he was so good that was "least good" at the deep throws... apparently to open receivers.
But they still want to classify it as a weakness. Seems wrong to me.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Fans massively overrate the value of the deep ball, and the deep ball is almost entirely dependent on having a deep threat WR.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Deep ball isn’t overrated because when it doesn’t have to be respected not only is it harder to hit the bombs but also the in cuts, slants, etc because safeties can roam over the middle and suffocate more of the passing game

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The more I keep seeing these articles "Dak improved accuracy"...the more I think your seeing an agenda being pushed. As far as I concerned...fake news...until I see it. :rolleyes:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's not Dak's accuracy downfield that has ever been the problem. It's been the inconsistency in trying to do it.

Unless there is a philosophical change to how often we attack down the field when teams stack the box, Dak's accuracy won't matter too much. No QB hits on every deep ball.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I'll be honest... I think Dak will become a much better passer once he learns to plant his foot and then throw, instead of throwing off of his back foot. I saw him throw off of his back foot way too many times in the last 2 seasons, and it never looks good.