Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No one is flippin' saying this, Greg, NO ONE. How the hell are you interpreting this: the defense isn't totally to blame, the offense didn't exactly help and put them in bad positions numerous times; to mean this: The offense and the QB is a greater weakness than the defense.

No one is fuggin saying this............ DAMN, man.
You say this but all you do is hate on the QB 99% of the time. DAMN man.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So who gets the lions share of the credit for the turnaround after Cooper came onboard? Dak wasn't getting it done before Cooper, was he? So why should he get all the credit after Cooper was signed?
Cooper didn’t throw the ball to himself

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Duh...... Then why was Dak having so much trouble finding the other receivers before Coop came along? He was miraculously able to find open receivers after Coop came to town?
Do I have to explain how football works. You take your best corner and put them on an average receiver what do you thinks going to happen. You take that corner and put him on Cooper. And then it’s average against average. Come on you’re smarter than this

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's kinda a silly argument to be honest, why cant we give the whole offense credit for turning it around? Why must it be Zeke vs Dak vs Cooper vs the O-line...

Right?
In all honesty our offense including Dak was struggling after releasing Dez with no #1 WR. And why we made the big trade for Cooper which turned the season around after starting 3-5 , taking us to the playoffs.

Dak has illustrated in 2017 without Zeke and in 2018 without a legit #1 WR, he struggles moving the offense and scoring points. Good news is when he has a stronger supporting cast we have more success offensively.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do I have to explain how football works. You take your best corner and put them on an average receiver what do you thinks going to happen. You take that corner and put him on Cooper. And then it’s average against average. Come on you’re smarter than this
He isn’t and that’s the problem with him.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The best corner was still only able to cover 1 receiver at a time. Who is covering the other 3 receivers in a spread, 3 to 4 receiver formation? Are you saying this great corner was able to shut down an entire offense just by covering 1 receiver?

Something just clicked after Coop signed. It wasn't Dak, it wasn't Coop, something just clicked. It sure as hell wasn't Garrett figuring things out

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The best corner was still only able to cover 1 receiver at a time. Who is covering the other 3 receivers in a spread, 3 to 4 receiver formation? Are you saying this great corner was able to shut down an entire offense just by covering 1 receiver?

Something just clicked after Coop signed. It wasn't Dak, it wasn't Coop, something just clicked. It sure as hell wasn't Garrett figuring things out
It was magic.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In all honesty our offense including Dak was struggling after releasing Dez with no #1 WR. And why we made the big trade for Cooper which turned the season around after starting 3-5 , taking us to the playoffs.

Dak has illustrated in 2017 without Zeke and in 2018 without a legit #1 WR, he struggles moving the offense and scoring points. Good news is when he has a stronger supporting cast we have more success offensively.

This is probably the case in most situations I would say, Brady has done it with what looked like a weaker supporting cast....But I still think BB had alot to do with the success. There is no denying Brady crosses alot of no one does this lines though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is probably the case in most situations I would say, Brady has done it with what looked like a weaker supporting cast....But I still think BB had alot to do with the success. There is no denying Brady crosses alot of no one does this lines though.
Not all seasons. He had more supporting cast in some of them. And he had some solid to great defenses in others. Overall I think we can argue he’s elevated those around him which makes him more of an Elite QB than winning championships IMO

Dak hasn’t illustrated the consistent ability to uplift lesser talent around him and why I wouldn’t label him as Elite. Is he good enough to build around. Probably so.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not all seasons. He had more supporting cast in some of them. And he had some solid to great defenses in others. Overall I think we can argue he’s elevated those around him which makes him more of an Elite QB than winning championships IMO

Dak hasn’t illustrated the consistent ability to uplift lesser talent around him and why I wouldn’t label him as Elite. Is he good enough to build around. Probably so.

Thats is the 160M question for sure, hopefully with no injuries and some improvements on defense he will answer it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats is the 160M question for sure, hopefully with no injuries and some improvements on defense he will answer it.
I wouldn’t associate his contract with expectations. I’d base them more on what we’ve already seen.

Contracts for QB’s are often labeled as a pecking order when they actually more reflect the current market for franchise QB’s. In a couple years I suspect Prescott’s salary might not even be in top 10.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I wouldn’t associate his contract with expectations. I’d base them more on what we’ve already seen.

Contracts for QB’s are often labeled as a pecking order when they actually more reflect the current market for franchise QB’s. In a couple years I suspect Prescott’s salary might not even be in top 10.

Your correct, he will get passed a couple of time this year most likely, and his contract may be average after the NFL signs the TV deal and the cap adjusts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Duh...... Then why was Dak having so much trouble finding the other receivers before Coop came along? He was miraculously able to find open receivers after Coop came to town?

Dude. Come on man. You can’t be this obtuse about how football works, and about how a receiver of Cooper’s caliber changes things for the entire offense.