Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t associate his contract with expectations. I’d base them more on what we’ve already seen.

Contracts for QB’s are often labeled as a pecking order when they actually more reflect the current market for franchise QB’s. In a couple years I suspect Prescott’s salary might not even be in top 10.
If that's true and they paid him the 2nd biggest contract ever based off of what he's done and not what they believe he can do then Jerry and the stooges are even more incompetent than any of us ever imagined.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that's true and they paid him the 2nd biggest contract ever based off of what he's done and not what they believe he can do then Jerry and the stooges are even more incompetent than any of us ever imagined.
Now there’s something we might agree on.

But in their defense he’s shown them enough to try and win with and build around. That’s really all you can hope for with a Franchise QB.

Over paying him is on our dysfunctional ownership not our QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here’s a great quote in another thread by Couch Coach which accurately describes and puts into a better perspective how we should evaluate and measure a players value and contracts:

Want to be fair about attaching these values to players, which I think is absurd to begin with, then take the entire life of that contract with that player. Take Elliott's, Lawrence's and especially, Prescott's, total contracts over their Cowboys careers and divide that by the years. In Prescott's case, by 2024, he will have averaged 21,666,667 per year over his Cowboys career. It's not fair not to include the bargain years over the life of the entire contract. And at the end of 2024, where do you think his contract will rank?”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Imagine if Dak had actually done something worthy of his contract....
so, this season Jackson, Allen, Mayfield will all probably get new contracts. Watson, Cousins, Goff, Wentz, got a new contracts...none will deserve it. last time Rodgers won anything was 10 years ago....

but I am sure you have a spin...so go ahead

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The best corner was still only able to cover 1 receiver at a time. Who is covering the other 3 receivers in a spread, 3 to 4 receiver formation? Are you saying this great corner was able to shut down an entire offense just by covering 1 receiver?

Something just clicked after Coop signed. It wasn't Dak, it wasn't Coop, something just clicked. It sure as hell wasn't Garrett figuring things out
Average covers average. What are you even talking about. Hiring Cooper gave dack the opportunity to spread the ball around . You Know what, I’m done you don’t even try

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak Haters are so shallow….Look above and witness how Dak Haters glorify Wr by Committee (Allen, Beasely, Thompson, Gallup & Austin) with the legendary prolific Scott Linehan Offense under Garrett Leadership…

What are Dak’s stats after Cowboys traded for Amari Cooper?

Saints and Colts WERE with Cooper.

Qcard

Reaction score
Saints and Colts WERE with Cooper.
So in a game (Cowboys Won) in which the Cowboys beat the 10-1 Saints, you hate Dak because the Cowboys only scored 13pts.

Do you remember Dak set the single game completion record in that Game?

Dak Haters always move the goalpost….

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don;t cry creampuff I was simply posting an article....but if your panties rode up the crack again I suggest briefs.
Lol, when I wear briefs, they ride up even worse!

That's probably TMI...

Pretend I never posted this.

Qcard

Reaction score
The best corner was still only able to cover 1 receiver at a time. Who is covering the other 3 receivers in a spread, 3 to 4 receiver formation? Are you saying this great corner was able to shut down an entire offense just by covering 1 receiver?

Something just clicked after Coop signed. It wasn't Dak, it wasn't Coop, something just clicked. It sure as hell wasn't Garrett figuring things out
Yep….the rest of the WRs watched a real No.1 Receiver run routes in practice from the entire Route tree from every WR position.

This is not rocket science. Do you think Troy Aikman wins any superbowls without a No.1 Receiver.

Ps..I am not comparing QB to QB but the importance of a true No.1 receiver to ANY QB