Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If the Cowboys can’t stop the run and get behind in the game in the 2nd half then they have to start passing to catch up. Guess what? The defense knows this and adjusts by putting pressure on the QB. No QB is going to always be successful in that situation.
True

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So we don't have to worry about Dak having to produce?
WTH? Are you that stupid? Dak’s got to do his part like he’s been doing since he came back. And before you say “wah, what about the GB game, wah?” It’s already been proven that those 2 int’s were the receivers fault. He was 27-46 for 265 yards and 3 td’s. So take your hate and use it to wipe your ### because you’re full of it.

leeblair

Reaction score
WTH? Are you that stupid? Dak’s got to do his part like he’s been doing since he came back. And before you say “wah, what about the GB game, wah?” It’s already been proven that those 2 int’s were the receivers fault. He was 27-46 for 265 yards and 3 td’s. So take your hate and use it to wipe your ### because you’re full of it.
Like he did vs Detroit? Like he did vs Tampa Bay?
Like he did the past five seasons?
I hope you get vindicated. I'm sick of seeing the Cowboys lose. I hope they win the Super Bowl and are regular contenders.
I don't want to see Dak overthrowing wide open receivers with the season on the line.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I hope you get vindicated. I'm sick of seeing the Cowboys lose. I hope they win the Super Bowl and are regular contenders.
I don't want to see Dak overthrowing wide open receivers with the season on the line.
He’s 53-33
482366-BC-3213-45-B5-9341-1380706-D1-B1-B.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He is stupid. Why do you ask?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are a vikings and titans fan. You care zero about the cowboys.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I leave here for weeks on end and come back and it's the same accounts posting the same things.

I think you're all a bunch of bots

RonnieT24

Reaction score
repost
Compare his on target%/bad pass%, it's terrible. Most guys have 5 on target for every bad pass, Dak is at 3.18, only Tannehill is worse at 3.15. Rush is at 4.48

Hmmm.. so maybe you can explain how he's completing over 70% of his passes since coming back from the injury despite missing every 4th throw? Another relocated goalpost anyway.. "Looky looky I found a stat that supports my idiotic take." Never mind that in 3 weeks it will go away because there will be three more good games to offset the Tampa debacle. The more he plays at this level the less statistically relevant that game becomes.. But I'm sure you guys will find another statistic that you can hang your hat on.. Left handed throws on Tuesdays when it's raining or some ****. I'm sure Dak sucks at those.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Now everyone is moving the goal posts after I proved them wrong. :facepalm:

You aren't arguing against a monolith and aggregate stats are not the world beater you act like they are.

Dak has been inconsistently accurate. It's obvious from his play the last few years. You have games like yesterday where he hit 10 throws in a row and hit Pollard in stride down the near sideline 20 yards down field. But you have games like against the Bucs where he sails balls and throws behind receivers.

For the most part the QB argument is stupid. The haters like to act like a quarterback should never have bad games and only be judged by them and the the fanbois act like he is infallible.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
repost
Compare his on target%/bad pass%, it's terrible. Most guys have 5 on target for every bad pass, Dak is at 3.18, only Tannehill is worse at 3.15. Rush is at 4.48

Seems to me your data is garbage here..

According to pro-football-reference Dak's % of on target throws this season is 76.9

A random sampling of "better" quarterbacks

Mahomes - 76.2%
Rodgers - 80.6
Burrow - 77.3
Herbert - 75.3
Allen - 72.1
Brady - 79.4

Oh and Cooper Rush? 67.1 %

Clearly your source is watching a different game..

Any questions?

Class dismissed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You aren't arguing against a monolith and aggregate stats are not the world beater you act like they are.

Dak has been inconsistently accurate. It's obvious from his play the last few years. You have games like yesterday where he hit 10 throws in a row and hit Pollard in stride down the near sideline 20 yards down field. But you have games like against the Bucs where he sails balls and throws behind receivers.

For the most part the QB argument is stupid. The haters like to act like a quarterback should never have bad games and only be judged by them and the the fanbois act like he is infallible.
He’s not infallible. I’ve never said he was. He’s not in the Brady, Mahomes or Rogers class. But he’s more than capable of leading the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. Don’t come in on your high horse and infer anything different from what I’ve said.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.

Dak used to have general accuracy problems, then his accuracy improved a lot. Still has bad games, but he's much more accurate than earlier years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak used to have general accuracy problems, then his accuracy improved a lot. Still has bad games, but he's much more accurate than earlier years.

I wouldn't even say Dak had accuracy problems.. What he had was footwork problems.. Sometimes his footwork would get knocked off kilter and the ball would miss by a mile. Those instances have become less and less frequent as his career has gone on. He did have more of them after the calf injury last year.. but that makes sense, because the calf on his plant foot became untrustworthy. So he did a lot more all arm throwing down the stretch.. That's not who he is.. He needs his hips aligned, his shoulder to rotate properly.. all of it. He can't just slang it like Rodgers or Mahomes.. Nor does he have to compact delivery like Brady.. Who cares? He puts the ball on the money with basically same frequency that they do. The numbers are there.. Folks can look them up for themselves and need to get over not liking the way his delivery looks or whatever BS reasons they have for thinking he's a bad thrower of the ball. Like the OP said.. that's 100% a myth.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I love Patrick Mahomes but he can look awful on some drives.
Same with Rodgers.
This thought QBs look great 100% of the time is just silly.

Can Dak be streakier than most? Possibly.
His game is built around pre-snap reads.
Once he has a defense figured out is over for them.

But that's very Peyton Manning and very few knocked him for it.

At this point I don't care about ANY of Dak's detractors.
The 3-4 weeks a year they can crow mean nothing compared to the 12 weeks or so and total stats Dak puts up that leave him top 10 every year.
Your comment on Mahomes is drives. Great example Dak look lost in the TB game he looked like he missed all of preseason. When Dak gets into a funk it takes a long time for him to get out of it. It is quarters and sometimes games.