Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

GoldenR

Reaction score
Sad that I have to explain. A QB, or any player, is born with God given talent. Those that harness that talent by constantly working on their craft, lifting weights, watching film and practice, practice practice are the ones who become successful. A ring is just icing on the cake. Doesn’t mean they’re an elite player.
Still not understanding your trophy reference, My high school won a state baseball championship and we have a he** of trophy in the case but none of us were talented? Please explain again.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He can be very inaccurate at times, the first 3 possessions vs the Packers highlight that.

When he settles into a game and just plays he can also be very accurate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've got news for you, slick; there's video of Dak repeatedly throwing errrant throws to his receivers when the game gets too big for him and the pressure gets tense. It's not a myth. We've all seen it.
He has padded his stats in garbage time and against weaker teams, which is what he did in college, too. Just like Sunday, he was never under pressure, therefore he played well.
I like Dak and I would love for him to succeed, but that requires him holding himself accountable and accepting his faults so he can work on them and improve.
Anyone who's thrown the football 100 times a day learns accuracy, but when the pressure is on, that's a different story.
Dak was coddled in college and again by Garrett, and he doesn't like pressure. He needs to work on throwing under pressure.
If the fans here watched film of Dak when he was in college they would better understand him. He took his snaps extra deep to avoid pressure, and when he was under pressure he would get wild.
He's got to learn to deal with pressure or he'll never grow.
Blah, blah, blah. I’ve seen Brady, Rogers, Mahomes and all the greats throw errant throws when pressured. SMDH

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumb logic, just dumb but that’s no surprise.
It figures you wouldn't get my point. It wasn't elegantly or perfectly stated.

But you are the kind of guy that has zero understanding of stats and numbers. You just say yes sir and obey orders. Admirable....but you don't deep dive, ask questions....analyze....not in your nature or training.

Point is that our stats....without context....can mislead. If you just obey orders like you are trained to do..why would you worry about it or properly question?

Whatever...mock and dismiss as you like to do in a disagreement. It's a nice trait.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, I think rockport, any member with cowboy in their name(maybe not all) ken and a few others only concentrate on Dak. These same members are the ones with the agenda which is clear when they throw other players under the bus when dak plays poorly. We go as the defense and run game goes, this is the reality and a bus driver is just what he is. That’s all fine as most members just want to win. Post a thread about how well the team played and show your team Cowboys, not just team Dak;).
He sure wasn’t a bus driver yesterday. Did you watch the game?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Still not understanding your trophy reference, My high school won a state baseball championship and we have a he** of trophy in the case but none of us were talented? Please explain again.
I did. I guess it’s over your head.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can be very inaccurate at times, the first 3 possessions vs the Packers highlight that.

When he settles into a game and just plays he can also be very accurate.
This is the truth. But just spewing a stat like a throw up puke ....can be misleading.

This is what averages can do... it's what they are designed to do. Throw out extremes, and smooth the data. Extremes can look very similar to consistency if you don't know what you are doing. Or....if you know what you are doing.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.

Dude he’s got the lowest 3rd down QB rating in the NFL of any QB since 2005.

You don’t own that if you are an accurate QB on the most important down.

You already left the board once. Please don’t set yourself up to get emotional crushed again because of the recency bias of one game.

We all know ( including you) he’s another bad game in the playoffs away from losing the entire fan base.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You get it.
You've played it.
It's like a game of Jenga, but the pieces on the towers are strategically placed and pulled by the coordinaters and here goes the chaotic pieces called the players making, or not making plays.
And if those pieces are wrong...

Now is when your QB is throwing for more than 40 times and pray for the best.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, remember the same posers not that long ago BLAMED our offensive line to fit the narrative and we were ranked in the top 6, now our O-line is not part of the narrative.
That's how it works. Ebb and flow. Dynamics of the game. Hopefully....we can hit a consistent stride. And ride it into the playoffs

plasticman

Reaction score
Since the NFL merger in 1970, there has been 141 NFL quarterbacks that have 2000 pass attempts.

Dak is ranked #2 all time completion percentage, minimum 2000 pass attempts. He is three hundredths of a percentage point behind Drew Brees.

Not only is any narrative only his inaccuracy a myth, the opposite is true. Dak Prescott is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

Furthermore, Dak is ranked #4 all time in lowest INT's percentages, behind only Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Tom Brady.

As far as the quality of his throws, Dak is ranked #12 in average yards per attempt, Roger Staubach is #11, Tony Romo is #4.

Dak is one of five Cowboys quarterbacks ranked in the top 25 for touchdown percentage. He is ranked 22nd in a four way tie with Dan Marino, Jim Kelly and Brett Favre.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since the NFL merger in 1970, there has been 141 NFL quarterbacks that have 2000 pass attempts.

Dak is ranked #2 all time completion percentage, minimum 2000 pass attempts. He is three hundredths of a percentage point behind Drew Brees.

Not only is any narrative only his inaccuracy a myth, the opposite is true. Dak Prescott is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

Furthermore, Dak is ranked #4 all time in lowest INT's percentages, behind only Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Tom Brady.

As far as the quality of his throws, Dak is ranked #12 in average yards per attempt, Roger Staubach is #11, Tony Romo is #4.

Dak is one of five Cowboys quarterbacks ranked in the top 25 for touchdown percentage. He is ranked 22nd in a four way tie with Dan Marino, Jim Kelly and Brett Favre.
The dude is great.

zeke21

Reaction score
Sorry but he is an inaccurate QB. He has been gifted with incredible protection from great O Lines all of his career.. the amount of time he has (and takes) to throw is huge.. and he still routinely throws behind and low. We could drag up posts from 2016 pointing out that he throws low and behind.. and here we sit and can still say the same thing.

Dak looks great (like SERIOUSLY great) when he has a clean pocket, the RBs are rolling and he can then pop a short pass that goes for monster YAC as the D is pushing down to stop the run. It is the formula he has used to earn his millions and it is actually a great formula.. but it doesn't make him accurate.

If I could give the ball to one NFL QB to hit the target to save my life.. it ain't Dak. I don't care what your stats say. And if anyone would choose Dak first.. yikes..

Even yesterday.. we were dominant and Dak played a great game.. but look who scored the TDs.. Zeke x 2 and Pollard x 2.. and both of Pollards were after long YAC. Dak missed 9 opportunities to pass into tight windows in the RZ. That is where his accuracy gets found out. But you are right that all QBs struggle at times.. but using completion % to measure accuracy is just lazy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wait.... don't we hate Tony Romo?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry but he is an inaccurate QB. He has been gifted with incredible protection from great O Lines all of his career.. the amount of time he has (and takes) to throw is huge.. and he still routinely throws behind and low. We could drag up posts from 2016 pointing out that he throws low and behind.. and here we sit and can still say the same thing.

Dak looks great (like SERIOUSLY great) when he has a clean pocket, the RBs are rolling and he can then pop a short pass that goes for monster YAC as the D is pushing down to stop the run. It is the formula he has used to earn his millions and it is actually a great formula.. but it doesn't make him accurate.

If I could give the ball to one NFL QB to hit the target to save my life.. it ain't Dak. I don't care what your stats say. And if anyone would choose Dak first.. yikes..

Even yesterday.. we were dominant and Dak played a great game.. but look who scored the TDs.. Zeke x 2 and Pollard x 2.. and both of Pollards were after long YAC. Dak missed 9 opportunities to pass into tight windows in the RZ. That is where his accuracy gets found out. But you are right that all QBs struggle at times.. but using completion % to measure accuracy is just lazy.
A case of stat abuse. Guys like rocko think they are so clever....they dug up a stat they love. But he doesn't have the ability or the inclination to drill down on it.

It doesn't mean those that do, aren't fans. Or don't appreciate it. You are so right...a lot of laziness about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dude he’s got the lowest 3rd down QB rating in the NFL of any QB since 2005.

You don’t own that if you are an accurate QB on the most important down.

You already left the board once. Please don’t set yourself up to get emotional crushed again because of the recency bias of one game.

We all know ( including you) he’s another bad game in the playoffs away from losing the entire fan base.
Where’s your proof he has the lowest 3rd down QB rating in the NFL since 2005. Link?