Dak’s Last 16 starts: 5,734 Yards, 36 Tds

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
People seem to focus entirely too much on fantasy football and personal stats rather than wins and losses as Dallas is 7-9 in Dak's last 16 games.

What is the priority: personal stats or team success??????
so all the wins and losses are on the QB? I want to make sure to get that straight so later when we discuss I can fully understand your mentality.

so are you blaming the tampa loss on Dak? lets be clear about that..

and it seems like you take personal vendetta over team success....is it important for you to be right than the team succeed? it seems like it from where I am sitting.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm one of his biggest fans but I had to roll my eyes at the MVP talk. But if last night is how he plays with "rust"? Then maybe he may be in that discussion.
IMO, to get MVP consideration, the team as a whole needs to step up. If we are rolling, heading into the playoffs and he continues as he has...then he'll be in the talks.

If he continues to play like this, I think comeback player of the year is a shoe-in. That's great and all, but I'm ready to win the Superbowl again. It's too long. We have fans that have no idea what it feels like to be on top every year. I fell like Dak can get us back to where we belong.

Scotman

Reaction score
If people want to look at a stat that matters with respect to winning they should look at red zone passing. That's Dak's Achilles heal and there is a big gap between him and the elite QBs but no one seems to want to talk about that.
I think they do talk about it. But they completely disregard his rushing touchdowns in that conversation, which is disingenuous at best. Some of that responsibility falls on Zeke and the play calling, too. All that said, the red zone conversion rate HAS to improve and some of that falls on Dak, too.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This team needs a top 7 Defense. Then we will get some wins. We need to be winning by 2 scores inside the 2 minute warning.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just watching ESPN and in Dak’s last 16 starts he’s had it has been nearly 2 ENTIRE seasons since Dak has thrown under 300 passing yards or had less than 3 touchdowns.

Could he win MVP this year?

We are 6-10 over those games. The guys who vote on these awards see past empty statistics or Matt Stafford would have 3 MVP awards in his career.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is fine...we can not throw the ball 58 times...this team needs to find a run/edge screen game...if you want the redzone to become effecient we have got to pull linebackers out of zone coverage. The Run and Shoot proved this point so much..looked unstoppable until the field shortens and I can stick 5 to 6 in zone because 5 to 6 man box can stop your run game. This is by no means on Dak but get a run game and lets drop bombs off of it and have a real PA rollout chance in the redzone. AgainDak is playing great but no run game eqauls bad redzone offense...

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Fantasy football to me is one of the worst things to happen. People used to root for the team first; not anymore. Look at all the DaK fans slobbering over his stats BU WE LOST.
No real difference then when Romo was here. Lots of stats but no real result.

Lack of team success isn't Dak's fault, just like it wasn't Romo's fault, just like it wasn't Danny White's fault.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just watching ESPN and in Dak’s last 16 starts he’s had it has been nearly 2 ENTIRE seasons since Dak has thrown under 300 passing yards or had less than 3 touchdowns.

HOLY COW!!!!!
holycow21.jpg

6-12 his last 18 games!!!
Happy Cowboy fans.........then they wonder why were ridiculed by the rest of the NFL!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
bad...but thats on the defense. If we blame Dak for that that is ridiculous.

No one player is to blame for sure but no player is without blame either. As much success as Dak has had, he has also accounted for 21 turnovers in roughly this same span, since 2019 16 int and 5 lost fumbles - 5 other fumbles were not lost but still hurt. Every QB throws picks and fumbles, not saying Dak is unique here or even bad but those do contribute to losses so he is not without blame is the point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lack of team success isn't Dak's fault, just like it wasn't Romo's fault, just like it wasn't Danny White's fault.

Do you think they breed these guys...From Danny to Romo to Dak....its family's passing the "Blame the Cowboys QB" torch...LOL

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's going to have to get some wins against good teams to get the MVP.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas could go 13-4, and Dak lead in QBR, td's and yardage; he might get a vote. Neither he nor Russell have swag, an aura, a gimmick, or some behavior that says "look at me".

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
AND WHAT HAS BEEN THE WON LOSS RECORD?

It is ludicrous that in a team sport wins and loses is only associated with the QB. It takes a team to win and to lose a football game. There are times that a QB will do everything to win a game but his teammates doesn’t do their part. It’s my opinion that we have a bad team but a pretty good QB.

Let’s just look at this last game. Let’s look at some team members that totally helped Dak NOT GET THE WIN…..

-CeeDee Lamp

-The Kicker

-Conner Williams with the untimely holding

-Tyron Smith with the untimely holding

-Anthony Brown

-DL for the consistent lack of pressure without blitzing. Because blitzing Brady is a death sentence.

-The secondary

-The lack of situational awareness on CeeDee, Zeke and the coaching staff as CeeDee and Zeke ran out of bounds on the last drive which would have run at least 60 to 80 seconds more off the clock. Leaving no time for Tom Brady.

-The entire defense for not being able to make a stop when it counted the most.

-Vita totally manhandling Baidasz

And I’m quite certain that I probably missed a few. But I’ll wait for anyone’s response on what else Dak could have done to get the “W” last game.

Better yet, WHAT DID HE DO TO LOSE the game?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Only if we have a great record can he win it. I would think 13 wins might do it with the way he is carrying the entire team. Doubt we will get to that many wins if he has to continue to carry the team.