Dak’s Last 16 starts: 5,734 Yards, 36 Tds

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People seem to focus entirely too much on fantasy football and personal stats rather than wins and losses as Dallas is 7-9 in Dak's last 16 games.

What is the priority: personal stats or team success??????
He has many teammates that play with him. Blaming him for the losses is stupidity! Yeah, I can see it now....at ease.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just watching ESPN and in Dak’s last 16 starts he’s had it has been nearly 2 ENTIRE seasons since Dak has thrown under 300 passing yards or had less than 3 touchdowns.

Could he win MVP this year?
Dak is good, so according to the haters, he sucks? Lol! Pathetic!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Is that because Dak is throwing so much or the only chance Dallas has is for Dak to throw that much?

I don't know the answer, but I would venture to say that without Dak attempting so many passes, the win-loss record does not improve.

My point? If the Cowboys ran it 40 times last night, the Bucs blow out the Cowboys. I have no doubt about that.

One thing that sticks out to me is that the defense plays NOTABLY worse when he throws that much. Probably some correlation to time spent on the field. Seemed like Dallas started to find a winning formula down the stretch last year with Andy Dalton that didn't involve throwing the ball 40 times. If Dak throwing for a lot of yards doesn't lead to team success, then what good is it?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I won 20 cents on Draft kings I'm gonna have to go buy something? Might get the wife a lollypop

jnday

Reaction score
People seem to focus entirely too much on fantasy football and personal stats rather than wins and losses as Dallas is 7-9 in Dak's last 16 games.

After reading some of these comments, it should be easy to see. STATS, STATS, STATS.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love that stats are "garbage time" or "fantasy stats" that don't matter to the people that dislike Dak. As if we cannot use those numbers to help support our argument of him being a great QB. Yet, if the guy had terrible stats they would be quick to throw those in your face time after time in their defense. Besides, aren't stats how we measure things?

Win/losses? Really we are still trying to use this against Dak? Did you watch the game last night? Dak did everything in his power to give the team the win there. The defense/special teams did not. This has been the narrative for some time now.

SackMaster

Reaction score
One thing that sticks out to me is that the defense plays NOTABLY worse when he throws that much. Probably some correlation to time spent on the field. Seemed like Dallas started to find a winning formula down the stretch last year with Andy Dalton that didn't involve throwing the ball 40 times. If Dak throwing for a lot of yards doesn't lead to team success, then what good is it?
So go back to the Bill Parcells philosophy of "trying to pound a square peg into a round hole just because running is good" then? If so, cool.

As far as time spent on the field, Dallas easily won TOP last night 34:27 vs 25:33.

And your suggestion is to force run the ball against possibly the best run defense in the league and probably have the Cowboys to possess the ball even less than they did? I bet you think TB was smart for not forcing the run when it wasn't working for them. And Dallas has been HORRIBLE in run defense the past two years. Seems a little double-standardish to me.

Also, are you suggesting that the Cowboys win if Andy Dalton is the QB last night? Interesting if true. I completely disagree, but still interesting.

You say that the Cowboys won without Dak because they did not throw as often, yet I think it had to do more with playing against teams that picked 3rd, 5th, 10th and 14th in the NFL Draft. You know, the "not good teams" that Dak typically beats anyways? So I think I'm going to have to disagree with you there too.

But that's me. I look at the situations, circumstances, opponent and outcome and try to draw some conclusion. Some just outcome and miss quite a bit. Not saying outcome is not important, it is the most important single aspect, but it is hard to say that Dak throwing is a reason for losing when he may have been the biggest reason we were even semi-close to winning.

Sure, we still lost. But at least we had a chance due to Dak's passing. Hard to say we would have had a chance with our running game last night. Just sayin'.
:thumbup:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He has many teammates that play with him. Blaming him for the losses is stupidity! Yeah, I can see it now....at ease.

Did I blame Dak for the loss? No, so try reading comprehension prior to commenting.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crazy is Dak did it with the game on his right arm. Zero run game, dropped passes, missed kicks and terrible game management loss the game. The bucs might have one of the best offense and defensive combos we will see. TB dline is legit. Dak held in the pocket and threw pass after pass. Did he miss some? Yes. But all QB's have some throws they would want back.
Tampa had their own miscues which put them in harm's way. They nearly beat themselves.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
There's a lot of garbage in those stats, but last night, he out-played the great one.

It's amazing how Dak is the only QB who has accumulated pro-bowl level garbage time stats. You would think that all of the average to below average QBs playing from behind would have similar stats since anybody can sling the ball around in garbage time. :rolleyes:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wondering how long it will be before people start pointing back to this game and saying, "he did all that in garbage time." I'm guessing 3 weeks...but it could be 3 hours.

Nav22

Reaction score

Are you really not capable of understanding that QBs can play well and still lose, because football’s a team sport?

You REALLY don’t think Dak played well last night???

Drew Brees’ Saints went 7-9 for 3 consecutive seasons.

Tony Romo’s Cowboys went 8-8 for 3 consecutive seasons.

Tell us what you thought about Brees and Romo as QBs during those stretches of their careers. Go ahead.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Dak is elite.

He’s now top 5.

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Dak
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Rodgers

Dak is by far the best QB in our division, so it would be a fireable offense for Big Mike if we don’t win the East.
Fixed...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm just judging it based on when Manning threw for 5,500 yards and also 55 TDs.

5,700 yards and only 36 TDs seems like a lot of empty yards to me. That's 200 more yards, but an 20 less TDs than Manning.

Again, you're right about the drops, and you also have to factor in how bad we are in the red zone, Daks ability to run for TDs, and Zeke getting TDs when we get close and stuff like that also.
that one year for manning was insane....and I am glad you are comparing Dak to Manning :rolleyes: you have come a long way :)