Dak’s Own Words

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I get the vibe that if Dak played for any of team a lot of you guys would not nearly hold him in such high esteem as you do now.

I know you say that you've never said he is elite, but you have still overrated him beyond belief. I mean, you're using Peyton Manning as an example to defend him, because I guess Dak has shown Manning like qualities in your eyes or something?
You can't read. The Manning statement is being falsely represented because you have no argument. He simply said what any person with a brain knows and that is a QB needs a good team around him. But you have to twist it and troll more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We established months ago that you don't really believe in Dak. If you had really believed in him you'd no longer have an account right now with the deal I proposed.

That's why I don't get why people that openly don't believe in Dak upsets you so much. Because when push comes to shove you agree with them.
Rinse and repeat with the same lame assumptions. Aren't you embarrassed? Your "deal" isn't nearly as enlightening as you think it is sport. Time to let it go.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I get the vibe that if Dak played for any of team a lot of you guys would not nearly hold him in such high esteem as you do now.

I know you say that you've never said he is elite, but you have still overrated him beyond belief. I mean, you're using Peyton Manning as an example to defend him, because I guess Dak has shown Manning like qualities in your eyes or something?

I watch a lot of teams and there are other QB I would say pretty much the same as I would for Dak. I don't see him as the only QB in the league who is capable of making it. I think Dak is a very good QB, I used the example of an elite QB in Manning to show that despite how great he was it took 9 years before he was able to do it. Do I think Dak is equal to that of Manning? NO but I do think he is a very capable QB who can lead this team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's just not that good anymore. Too bad we are stuck with him now. Our only hope to get to another SB is improving the D even more.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Rinse and repeat with the same lame assumptions. Aren't you embarrassed? Your "deal" isn't nearly as enlightening as you think it is sport. Time to let it go.
Oh, it was more than enlightening.

Why would I be embarrassed about being honest about things? You're the one that pushes a false belief all the way up to the point until push comes to shove. Then the honesty finally shows when you have something to gain or lose. Now, that is something to be embarrassed about.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, it was more than enlightening.

Why would I be embarrassed about being honest about things? You're the one that pushes a false belief all the way up to the point until push comes to shove. Then the honesty finally shows when you have something to gain or lose. Now, that is something to be embarrassed about.
Sure Jan

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I watch a lot of teams and there are other QB I would say pretty much the same as I would for Dak. I don't see him as the only QB in the league who is capable of making it. I think Dak is a very good QB, I used the example of an elite QB in Manning to show that despite how great he was it took 9 years before he was able to do it. Do I think Dak is equal to that of Manning? NO but I do think he is a very capable QB who can lead this team.
I believe the only way Dak EVER sniffs playoff success is if he's riding the coat tails of an elite RB or has an 00 Ravens type of defense.

Maybe he can Trent Dilfer his way to some post season success.

willia451

Reaction score
Just pointing this out.

Troy Aikman said more than once that Tony Romo was a much better QB than he ever was.

He's never said as much about Dak.

And I think that's a fair assessment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My interest are solely on winning a SB not which team has the best QB. I would easily say Rodgers is a better QB than Dak. I would also say the last time Rodgers and GB won a SB is when they showed themselves as the better team. As many coaches have said QB's get to much credit for win and too much blame for loses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
were you not one that was claiming he was never in a slump? Sort of makes your opinion questionable....

You must have me confused with someone else because I was one of those he said he was in a slump. It was obvious to everyone he wasn’t playing well. When a player goes an extended period without playing well they’re in a slump.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Because the injuries started piling on at the beginning of week 8 (on the O'line) and never fully recovered. Let's face it, our backups are backups for a reason.... Throw crappy backups and injuries together and you get disaster... Add in the Dak factor that he sinks under pressure and here we are...

LOL. SO injuries piled up and thats why Dak regressed? But its because Dak sucks? My argument is if Dak can play the way he did from weeks 1-8 he can certainly do it again. Its on the coaches to keep him accountable and consistent. The offense as a whole went into a shell after the Denver game. No more motion, no more anything. It was like the ghost of Jason Garrett took the reigns after week 8

I copied and posted my reply to see where I said "Dak sucks..." Nope don't see it... What I did say (now that I am reading what I posted) Dak sinks under pressure... Does that mean I'm saying he sucks? It depends on how you want to read into my reply. I will say this... He's not elite... I would hope you know that... he needs the strength of the O'line to keep him upright. Unlike a few different QB's that have a crappy O'line (and who can still stay upright) he can't deal with pressure... Again, does that mean I'm saying he sucks? take it for what you will...

morat1959

Reaction score
I copied and posted my reply to see where I said "Dak sucks..." Nope don't see it... What I did say (now that I am reading what I posted) Dak sinks under pressure... Does that mean I'm saying he sucks? It depends on how you want to read into my reply. I will say this... He's not elite... I would hope you know that... he needs the strength of the O'line to keep him upright. Unlike a few different QB's that have a crappy O'line (and who can still stay upright) he can't deal with pressure... Again, does that mean I'm saying he sucks? take it for what you will...
Dak sux!

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Its still a travesty that Zeke won the rushing title by OVER 300 YARDS and was 1st Team All-Pro, but Dak won rookie of the year for handing it off to him.
WB’
You're not going to sound like you know what you're talking about by acting like the QB is just another piece when the QB is THE piece. That's why the get paid the real big bucks. I'm just giving you advice, so you don't come off looking clueless about football.

You were called out earlier in this thread for your "let's bash everyone else first then we can talk about Dak" narrative you're trying hard to push.

You can say what you want about me, but I'm clearly not the only one here that sees through your incredible biased narrative.
great post!!!!

nobody

Reaction score
Just pointing this out.

Troy Aikman said more than once that Tony Romo was a much better QB than he ever was.

He's never said as much about Dak.

And I think that's a fair assessment.

I think Troy was a better leader than Romo ever was, and far better under intense pressure, like the playoffs. Sure, Romo was better about some things but it's not just a straight up comparison where one is better in every category. It's hard to compare them when they played under such vastly different conditions and they played such different styles. Romo played more like Favre.

At this point, I believe both were better in general and in most areas than Dak, but Dak is a better leader than Romo was and Dak's book isn't finished yet. There's room to grow. We shall see.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That's the problem.

Either Dak has no idea what the problem is or Dak knows but doesn't have the ability to overcome it.

This is true. Dak does not seem to know that him "playing his best ball" has been going on for six years, seven coming up. Parcells said you are what you are after three years, so how many more years does he need? I know he is not a slow learner because he got a degree in Basket Weaving or some other phony subject, so maybe just maybe he is not that good and won't get better. However, maybe in another 10 years he might figure something out.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is true. Dak does not seem to know that him "playing his best ball" has been going on for six years, seven coming up. Parcells said you are what you are after three years, so how many more years does he need? I know he is not a slow learner because he got a degree in Basket Weaving or some other phony subject, so maybe just maybe he is not that good and won't get better. However, maybe in another 10 years he might figure something out.
Dak will be Dak.

People bringing up how long it took Manning or Stafford to win anything while completely ignoring the skill gap between Manning and Stafford when compared to Dak is just comedy to me.

Dre11

Reaction score
For all the deniers that paste statistics without context to claim Dak wasn’t struggling or just lazily attribute his struggles directly to his calf injury to excuse his play…

From NFL.com

Dak's play sunk after a Week 6 calf injury, but his struggles ran deeper than the injury. "I wouldn't say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it," Prescott said on The Rich Eisen Show during Super Bowl week. "I went through a period of time during the season where I just didn't play my best ball."

Who disputed this.. lol
you needed this? Dak has said he didn't play well after several games, still doesn't change whether he's a good qb and able to help lead a team to a championship...lol