Dak’s Own Words

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
For all the deniers that paste statistics without context to claim Dak wasn’t struggling or just lazily attribute his struggles directly to his calf injury to excuse his play…

From NFL.com

Dak's play sunk after a Week 6 calf injury, but his struggles ran deeper than the injury. "I wouldn't say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it," Prescott said on The Rich Eisen Show during Super Bowl week. "I went through a period of time during the season where I just didn't play my best ball."
but he was sure as crap paid like he was the best. He's brent hundley, nothing more, nothing less.

DonaldM

Reaction score
The predominant problem with the Cowboys is one that isn't destined to be dealt with. The management under Jerry and Stephen is one that denies their own mismanagement of their team. They're stubbornly determined to maintain the team's status quo, as if everything is fine. That is simply not so. The problems that linger are conveniently dismissed by those responsible.

The Dallas Cowboys' FO under Jerry and son refuses to be accountable for their inability to make sound football decisions. Stephen does much the same with regards to his salary cap and player contractual mismanagement. Their over-inflated egos simply refuse to admit the truth of their limitations.

Dysfunctional mismanagement has long been something that simply isn't accountable with the Dallas Cowboys front office. General managers around the NFL are well aware of this ongoing scenario and find it a good subject to ignore, since it suits their purposes. Many fans are well aware of it but feel quite helpless to do anything to change things. Meanwhile, frustration over inadequate handling and mismanagement lingers unattended, evidently a hopeless and ongoing problem. :oops:

Hadenough

Reaction score
For all the deniers that paste statistics without context to claim Dak wasn’t struggling or just lazily attribute his struggles directly to his calf injury to excuse his play…

From NFL.com

Dak's play sunk after a Week 6 calf injury, but his struggles ran deeper than the injury. "I wouldn't say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it," Prescott said on The Rich Eisen Show during Super Bowl week. "I went through a period of time during the season where I just didn't play my best ball."
So Dak saying he didn't play his best ball. That's a bold faced lie. He did the best to his ability and still stunk.

jnday

Reaction score
That’s not going to happen, although many at least on this board would love to see him stink so they can continue to trash him.
I don’t think there is a poster on this board that wants to see Dak play terrible at the expense of the team’s success. I can’t think of many Cowboy’s players that I have disliked as much as I dislike Dak. Much of the dislike is due to his fans and the outlandish praise and unrealistic claims that they feel the need to share with their posts. With that being said, I don’t think any of us wants Dak to play so badly that it causes the Cowboys to lose games. We are Cowboy fans first and the dislike for any individual player never outweighs the desire to see the Cowboys win games.

nobody

Reaction score
I don’t think there is a poster on this board that wants to see Dak play terrible at the expense of the team’s success. I can’t think of many Cowboy’s players that I have disliked as much as I dislike Dak. Much of the dislike is due to his fans and the outlandish praise and unrealistic claims that they feel the need to share with their posts. With that being said, I don’t think any of us wants Dak to play so badly that it causes the Cowboys to lose games. We are Cowboy fans first and the dislike for any individual player never outweighs the desire to see the Cowboys win games.

I think that's a silly reason to dislike a player. It's not like he brainwashed those fans into acting the way that they do. Like or dislike the man based on his own merit and actions and attitude.

jnday

Reaction score
I think that's a silly reason to dislike a player. It's not like he brainwashed those fans into acting the way that they do. Like or dislike the man based on his own merit and actions and attitude.
It is not the only reason by any means. The dislike for Dak is based on various reasons which has a lot to do with his shortcomings as a QB. The Dak lovers have a way of making him less likable based on his style, production, etc. Making comparisons between Dak, Brady and Rodgers is a good example. There is a large portion of the NFL fanbase that hates the Cowboys because of the Cowboy’s fanbase. It may seem silly, but it is well-known fact. Personally, the Dak lovers have not influenced my dislike for him. My dislike for him has been around long before he was drafted by Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Prior to Dak signing there’s fans that have admitted they wanted him to fail and for the team to stink so the Cowboys would let him walk and draft a QB. I’ve lost track of how many debates I’ve had with fans like that. There’s still fans that want him to fail so the team will draft a QB to compete with him and they’ll move on from him after his current deal.

mardwin

Reaction score
Some people just need to face the fact that Dak is a bus driver. And that includes our very own front office. If the guy needs one hundred yards from the RB's to win, then he's a bus driver. So they should build this team up with the personal that can get 100 yards rushing per game. That means, a better offensive line, with better blocking WR's and TE's. If we want Dak to look like a 40 million dollar QB, then get bigger and stronger to run the ball more effectively.

It's not rocket science.

I don't think he will look like a 40M QB based on your theory. If Dal needs an elite running game then he just be Jimmy G at best.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak was 11-5 last season but go ahead and give the Vikings win to him while out. Anyhow, since his poor contract is going to hit the cap hard, you'll see a lot of 7-10, 6-11 seasons.
Suddenly there are all these players who are going to be FAs and in typical Dak lover fashion they don't want to let any of the offensive players go. Are willing to let Lawrence walk and don't want to sign Gregory but also want to draft offensive line. If I were Jerry the heck with offense. The defense needs to hold good teams to under 10 points for this team to have a chance. Let Dak take a beating and take those hits. And when he complains tell him that's what he signed up for.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak just doesn’t trust his arm. He’s too turnover adverse. If the receiver is open he throws it. He doesn’t trust himself to throw the 50/50, back shoulder and tight window throws unless it’s too late. That’s why you see a different Dak in the fourth quarter when they are down. He has no choice but to try those types of throws.
Yeah, that's why Dak led the league in "tight window throws" a few years ago. Another year, Dak was in the top 5 with "tight window throws".

Where do you guys come up with such malarkey?

"Dak can't make "tight window throws". He is what he is, which is why he stunk the 2nd half of this season and will never be able to make such throws."

Does it make you feel better to spew such bunk?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I clearly spelled it out that I was including Prescott in on the offensive suckage, that's just not good enough. Lol.
Yes...as I mentioned at the end of my comment...the obligatory caveat.

There's been plenty of Cowboys bashing from zeke, Jaylon, tight ends who can;t block, Jerry, even MM and KM (who I been bashing incessantly last few months).

The big money QB ALWAYS gets the bulk of the bashing, especially in our situation with no headway into playoffs. It's perfectly natural and you are acting like (sniff) "it's so unfair why don't you bash OTHER players too?" (sniff)