News: Dak’s performance without Zeke

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak's entire performance was trash vs NYJ...why would I mention rushing when he didn't do nothing there either.

Point is DAL went 1-2 w/o Tyron...Dak didn't do enough to win, I watched that he came up short...way short.

Lol if you think that then you can't evaluate QB performance at all.

You said he didn't have any TDs, you were wrong.

No QB would have done enough to win that Jets game outside of Mahomes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Lol if you think that then you can't evaluate QB performance at all.

You said he didn't have any TDs, you were wrong.

No QB would have done enough to win that Jets game outside of Mahomes.
9 QBs beat the Jets... that's plenty outside of Mahomes. You trying to say Pat is the only QB better than Dak, but according to you I'm the one who can evaluate QBs...Ok.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
9 QBs beat the Jets... that's plenty outside of Mahomes. You trying to say Pat is the only QB better than Dak, but according to you I'm the one who can evaluate QBs...Ok.
Lol your comprehension skills are so lacking it's crazy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Question:
Is Pat Mahomes the only QB better than Dak Prescott?

dfense

Reaction score
Odd. One of Dak’s strengths was his ability to come from behind. Granted, he didn’t do it last year but was praised for it over the first 3 years. Dak haters would point out he shouldn’t have had to come from behind if he played better earlier in the game.

Here is an article about it.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...ow-has-led-nine-fourth-quarter-comebacks/amp/
Do you remember Beasley's nice TD catch against the Giants the last game of 2018? That was the first time Dak threw a TD in the last 2 minutes of any game. His 48th start.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Do you remember Beasley's nice TD catch against the Giants the last game of 2018? That was the first time Dak threw a TD in the last 2 minutes of any game. His 48th start.
How many did Romo have in the last 2 minutes?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You too damn old to be on here if you using the term diddly haha. Also, you too old to be sac riding so hard.

I know Dak didn't play well enough for DAL to not go anywhere of note in the playoffs.

Well...…..first of all we won a playoff game. All 3 playoff games, Dak played well.

Look it up if your memory escapes you.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s a 6-game sample size.

The stats from the article I posted cover every single play without Zeke over Dak’s entire 4-year career. All 64 games.

I know it hurts.
:thumbup:

Yes and thats why these stats are rubbish and missleading. Its just trying to fool people.

A team changes its overall approach when a player wont be able to play a game. It wont when a plyerleaves the field for only one or two plays.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes and thats why these stats are rubbish and missleading. Its just trying to fool people.

A team changes its overall approach when a player wont be able to play a game. It wont when a plyerleaves the field for only one or two plays.
Cute excuse. You must’ve not liked what the results were telling you.

So a smart defensive staff didn’t notice and adjust accordingly when, say, Barry Sanders left the field for the ‘90s Detroit Lions?

Don’t hurt yourself trying to understand this sport.
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Come on guys nothing is ever Dak’s fault!
No, no, no, Dak is absolutely responsible for the results of his 4-year career thus far!

40-24, a playoff win... and stats that clearly rank him as a top-10 QB.

Over $31M on the franchise tag, 5-year/$175M deal on the table.

I know it hurts.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
No, no, no, Dak is absolutely responsible for the results of his 4-year career thus far!

40-24, a playoff win... and stats that clearly rank him as a top-10 QB.

Over $31M on the franchise tag, 5-year/$175M deal on the table.

I know it hurts.
Doesn’t hurt and I’m not a hater. I’m pro-Dallas not a particular player. And 1 playoff win is nothing to brag about and going 8-8 when you go pass first offense is nothing to brag about.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak doesnt win a playoff game without Zeke. Dak made a nice dramatic flip into the endzone in the Seattle game but only after failing to complete a pass. But that was a game where Zeke put the team on his back and carried everyone including Dak. Zeke had a 169 total yards in that game.

Nav22

Reaction score
Doesn’t hurt and I’m not a hater. I’m pro-Dallas not a particular player. And 1 playoff win is nothing to brag about and going 8-8 when you go pass first offense is nothing to brag about.
Dallas’ efficiency rankings in 2019:

Offense 3rd
Defense 18th
Special Teams 30th

Yeah, this team would be complete garbage if not for Dak.

You sound like one of the geniuses who ripped Romo to shreds for a decade, a once-popular take that has aged terribly.

Did you want Romo gone after 3 straight 8-8 seasons from 2011-13? Or were you smart enough to know he was a damn good QB and not the problem?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Dallas’ efficiency rankings in 2019:

Offense 3rd
Defense 18th
Special Teams 30th

Yeah, this team would be complete garbage if not for Dak.

You sound like one of the geniuses who ripped Romo to shreds for a decade, a once-popular take that has aged terribly.

Did you want Romo gone after 3 straight 8-8 seasons from 2011-13? Or were you smart enough to know he was a damn good QB and not the problem?
So you one of the geniuses that think we only win because of Dak and lose because of everyone else. I liked Romo but thought we overpaid him just like we getting ready to do with Dak

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Personally I find it hard to lay blame at the feet of Dak, and Romo for that matter, when it comes to the Cowboys lack of regular season and playoff success. They were saddled with Garrett and a load of other marginal NFL coaches.

You can go down the results of every one of those 8-8 seasons under Garrett and point out 3 or 4 games that probably would have ended differently if not for Garrett's brain dead coaching decisions.

That's what really sucks about the timing of this Dak contract situation. I think most of us would have loved to have seen Dak and this team for a full season without Garrett before entering these negotiations. IMO, it would have provided everyone with a clearer understanding of Dak's value.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
So you one of the geniuses that think we only win because of Dak and lose because of everyone else. I liked Romo but thought we overpaid him just like we getting ready to do with Dak
Honestly almost every starting QB who's not on a rookie contract is overpaid. It's not just the Cowboys who are caught up in this trap of overpaying starting QBs.

Thankfully it sounds like NFL GMs and owners are finally starting to realize that's it's beyond stupid to make a QB the highest paid player in the NFL just because their contracts is "up next". I've heard/read rumors that there's talk about splitting QB salaries away from the rest of the team's salary cap and into their own category. That way they can still pay these guys over $30 million and not wreck the cap for the rest of the team.

The only other solution that I see is collusion among the owners to suppress QB salaries, which in unethical but I wouldn't put it past them.