Dak’s the sole reason we lost this game, his worst as a Pro

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed. I said at one point, “What’s the worst that could happen to put out Rush?”

Some of this has to be put on Jason Garrett though. He has the power to sit whatever player he wants. He knows Dak wasn’t 100% and was forcing himself to play. He knows Dak was playing terribly. Why not bench him for at least a series to see how Rush would do? Why not pull him to the side and seriously ask him how his shoulder is? All of this is ridiculous. I don’t know if it was a mental thing with his shoulder, or if it was actually limited, but he should’ve taken himself out. He hurt the team. A lot.
its more then his shoulder this has been straight progression since the NE game..dont know why but its been UGLY..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again... I said.. not his best game. The drops I referenced were the GOOD throws that were either on the money or at worst "tough" catches.

"not his best game"....well okay then. Look...receievers drop balls. They just do. But Dak...OVERALL....just continues to throw behind and low. The last pass? Should have been over Gallups head. not behind him. It's too consistent of a problem to overlook. I don't blame the receivers for being apprehensive about here the ball is gonna be.
Yes...WR's do drop passes....on occasion. Anyone that does in consistently finds themselves out of a job. So, what should we do with Dak then?

It's true the whole team pretty much sucks to one degree or another. But the QB is SUPPOSED to bail you out...especially one that wants Paid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah..

Dak dropped the passes the stalled the drives..

Dak fumbled the ball..

Dak called the plays on 3rd&1s..

Dak used the timeouts improperly..

Dak didn't adjust when they made 6 (SIX) consequtive passes to Goedert.

Dak didn't adjust when they made 3 consecutive TE screen passes.

Dak opted to punt when the team was two scores behind.

Dak took Elliot out on 3rd&1.

Dak took the recievers out on 4th down play.

Dak didn't take a timeout to design a freaking play at such a crunch time.

All Dak, all bloody Dak.

But but but he missed wide open Cooper and Gallup, as if no other elite QB does not ever miss anything.

Those Dallas coaches survived so many years thanks to this kind of fans. It was Romo back then, now it is Dak. So, I don't really blame Jerry for this utter garbage.
Yesterday YES its on him Wide open layers he missed with time to throw..no excuse he left points on the field in an 8 point game and the throws are basic NFL throws to open receivers.. yes this one is Daks alone.. wentz had those same things happen to him and he played better..less talent under more pressure..etc etc

Swanny

Reaction score
The Gallup pass was over the wrong shoulder. Had the pass been over his left shoulder to the inside the pass is complete and a possible TD.

He had to turn to track the ball which resulted in the drop. In that situation Gallup has to adjust and make the catch, but he doesn't. This is similar to the play in the Washington game.

I laughed when Aikman said the pass to Cobb on 4th down was his best of the game. Cobb had to dive for the ball and if not for a good catch it would have been incomplete and the drive would have ended. Cobb gets all the credit.

Dak had a bad game yes. That throw to Gallup was not a bad throw. That's a catch an NFL WR makes. But drops happen to every NFL WR. So yes I'm not blaming Gallup for the loss. I'm blaming Dak, Gallup, Amari, Pollard and this lame Coaching staff for the loss. They all sucked together. If any of them do better the game could have been different

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Gallup pass was over the wrong shoulder. Had the pass been over his left shoulder to the inside the pass is complete and a possible TD.

He had to turn to track the ball which resulted in the drop. In that situation Gallup has to adjust and make the catch, but he doesn't. This is similar to the play in the Washington game.

I laughed when Aikman said the pass to Cobb on 4th down was his best of the game. Cobb had to dive for the ball and if not for a good catch it would have been incomplete and the drive would have ended. Cobb gets all the credit.

I laughed on that play too.....Aikman...funny guy!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bad game yes. But if Amari doesn't drop that pass, if Pollard doesn't fumble that ball and if Gallup doesn't drop that deep pass that game likely has a different outcome
doesnt matter all that goes away if Dak last 3 series hits wide open big plays as our Wrs beat the dbs many plays that would have turned this game easily into a win.. period no excuses.. like I said even the completions were ugly..this was by far his worse game, take all the drop passes or fumble out of it.. he had time in the pocket on those open wrs and missed them badly..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am curious how a single person loses an entire game in what is a team sport. He threw no picks and throws were off. But how do you claim the throws that were off were somehow of greater importance than the throws that were made and dropped? No, the Cowboys as an organization lost this game. Starting with the GM and the culture that is instilled in this team where the belief is that simply showing up is enough for the W.

A QB...one that wants The Big Money...is SUPPOSED to bail out the team. Never seen Rodgers, Brees or Brady rescue the team, eh? The team played poorly but all this excuse making for Dak? Just WAY too many bad throws. The guy the sourced 6 drops? ....has yet to post how many "off" throws Dak had.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lot's of "drops" that had NOTHING to do with bad throws? Not sure which game you were watching but "good throws" were very few and far between. Terrible location just about every single time.
agree ugly completions and horrible off target throws all game but the last 3 series our line was blocking and our WRs were beating the Dbs and by a lot..we are talking wide open not just nfl open and the balls were being shot out of a cannon, just landed wherever..

Im dak supporter but ever since NE has been on a steady decline and this just had no excuse..

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak is getting his money in Dallas. This topic is mute. JJ has already made his mind up.

I don't think so, I don't think the topic is mute. He's not automatically getting 40/mil a year. He should get tagged this year

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bad game yes. But if Amari doesn't drop that pass, if Pollard doesn't fumble that ball and if Gallup doesn't drop that deep pass that game likely has a different outcome
NO horrible game sure those plays you mention were not helping but late second half down by 8 last 3 series our wrs were running free and the ball wasn't even close on the 9 routes those were walk in Tds or at least first and goal.. the only throw he seemd to make was straight up the seem on line to cobb about 3 times, you know a rookie can hit a wr whos right in front of you in a atraight line.. the rest were over, under, and high.. lie I said the comletions were pretty either , made YAC not even on the table..

IMO worse game of his career given he had time no line to blame, had open receivers so player to blame, and if players are open cant blame the coaches..

go watch it gain, HORRIBLE he didnt have INTs because the balls were so ff the DBs couldn't get to them LMAO..ugh

I like dak and supported him until today

hes not our future not for over 30 im in rage right now ..

Swanny

Reaction score
NO horrible game sure those plays you mention were not helping but late second half down by 8 last 3 series our wrs were running free and the ball wasn't even close on the 9 routes those were walk in Tds or at least first and goal.. the only throw he seemd to make was straight up the seem on line to cobb about 3 times, you know a rookie can hit a wr whos right in front of you in a atraight line.. the rest were over, under, and high.. lie I said the comletions were pretty either , made YAC not even on the table..

IMO worse game of his career given he had time no line to blame, had open receivers so player to blame, and if players are open cant blame the coaches..

go watch it gain, HORRIBLE he didnt have INTs because the balls were so ff the DBs couldn't get to them LMAO..ugh

I like dak and supported him until today

hes not our future not for over 30 im in rage right now ..
You realize you're not even arguing with me? I agree it was a bad game by Dak.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I have no argument .So freaking frustrated The usual heaters will come out. But it holds more substance from people that actually supported him.
Some people have hated Dak because he replaced Romo. They would bash him even when he played well. I've been back and forth with him but he has regressed. As for yesterday, I don't know if it was because he was injured but he was awful.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've tried to give Dak the benefit of the doubt this season. My opinion: he's definitely not elite. He has leadership moxie, but that only goes so far when you need your quarterback to take over a game. Oh, he can take over weak teams. That alone makes him an NFL quarterback. But beat elite teams? No. Just like Jason Garrett, he needs blue chippers all through the roster, and even then, a better quarterback and team is going to beat him and his team.

This is why most NFL commentators and talent evaluators say Wentz is better than Dak, or has better upside. I fear we've seen Dak's ceiling. I doubt he's going to improve much more.

It was only a matter of time before he showed us who he really is … an average quarterback.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You realize you're not even arguing with me? I agree it was a bad game by Dak.
sorry, just mad typing lol I tried to stay away from this site last night and today but it all came out..

its funny as hell I had dream last not I met Will Cain at a sports bar after the game and was debating and arguing how bad dak was with him.. OMFG woke up at 2pm heart pounding and saying W T F :) only a die hard cowboy fan would have that dream..lol

so I came here to say the same to you as dream Will Cain..Dak suked hard and thats that..

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he has really regressed over the last few games the duck sucks is about all I can say

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m struggling to find anyone who played well on offense.
the line gave him plenty of time and there were wide open receivers he flat missed for BIG plays.. some could have easily been tds on those 9go routes missed them by 2 yards ..it was ugly.. sure a lot of the game not much going on on offense but the 4th qtr the coaches found plays and wrs got big time open and Dak just flat missed them and he had time to throw.. last 3 drives he was simply BAD..thats where you separate tier one from 2 and dak has slipped back to 12-16 for me..the last 4 games have been a digression that stopped at the bottom of the hill last night..

kento40

Reaction score
I have yet to see that man throw a proper crossing route, it's rare when he actually leads a receiver and he needs all-pros at every position to even compete. Every time he craps the bed it's, "We would've won if we had an all pro CB or Safety or LB's or LG. I would love to see Dak with false start Flozell as his left tackle or snap the ball early 9 times out of 10, Andre Gurode as his center and everybody's favorite whiffer, Doug Free as his RT/LT.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would the people that have been wrong about him hold more substance than those of us who saw him for what he was three years ago?
You got the whole statement wrong. It’s the people that supported him that holds more substance please learn to understand reading comprehension