News: Dak 7: Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is teams with good defenses give him and this offense problems but that can be said for every team in the nfl. I don't get into the Dak vs Romo thing because I like them both. They have a few similarities and a few differences and you can win with either.

What I like about Dak is what a few here dislike and that's his avoidance of turnovers. You here it mentioned when they say he won't throw it unless a wr is wide open, slow to read, etc. Romo was sometimes a gambler and put the ball in harms way , which admittedly is needed at times, but I prefer the oldschool approach of taking care of the ball and playing good defense because in the end it's the good defenses that give everyone problems.
What has either of them ever won?

Big D

Reaction score
What has either of them ever won?
Not much to this point but it's a team game. You're crying about the qb like it's tennis. Our QB , WR, and RB situation is pretty good but when the O line has issues it effects them. Simple stuff really. But continue with your replace the qb campaign.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not much to this point but it's a team game. You're crying about the qb like it's tennis. Our QB , WR, and RB situation is pretty good but when the O line has issues it effects them. Simple stuff really. But continue with your replace the qb campaign.
No, you said you can win with them and neither one of them have ever lead their team to anything meaningful past the high school level.

Romo's career is over and he never lead us to anything. He got his money and was overrated by Cowboys fans, so I guess that's a win for him? You guys are doing the same thing with Dak now. I guess maybe we have different opinions on what winning means?

Maybe you guys like the loveable loser types that are undrafted/4th round picks that overachieve? Is that what it is? A good underdog story that attracts some to guys like Romo and Dak? Because if success on the field is what attracts you then Dak and Romo are not your guys.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So what? Dak is supposed to be elite right? Why is it that if literally every level of our offense isn't great we have issues? You guys are so used to having 3 All-Pros on the offensive line that when we have a STILL top 10ish line in the NFL you believe it has issues.

Real elite QBs don't need literally every level of the offense being good to lead the team to success. How many true elite QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Burrow, Stafford, Mahomes) have the WR, RB, and OL position all good?

So, either you guys are going to have to stop acting like Dak is great or admit that Dak needs carried and stop getting upset every time someone points that out.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is teams with good defenses give him and this offense problems but that can be said for every team in the nfl. I don't get into the Dak vs Romo thing because I like them both. They have a few similarities and a few differences and you can win with either.

What I like about Dak is what a few here dislike and that's his avoidance of turnovers. You here it mentioned when they say he won't throw it unless a wr is wide open, slow to read, etc. Romo was sometimes a gambler and put the ball in harms way , which admittedly is needed at times, but I prefer the oldschool approach of taking care of the ball and playing good defense because in the end it's the good defenses that give everyone problems.

Dak struggles with something every great QB does well...and that's throwing receivers open. He just won't do it. I like that he takes care of the ball, but sometimes some trust of the receivers is needed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak struggles with something every great QB does well...and that's throwing receivers open. He just won't do it. I like that he takes care of the ball, but sometimes some trust of the receivers is needed.
You just know Cooper is going to have 1000 yards and 10ish TDs next season with Watson feeding him.

nobody

Reaction score
You just know Cooper is going to have 1000 yards and 10ish TDs next season with Watson feeding him.

I didn't want Cooper gone. I think he had far more impact on everyone else getting open than people here give him credit for and I don't think Lamb is fully ready to step into that number one spot. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I hope so.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't want Cooper gone. I think he had far more impact on everyone else getting open than people here give him credit for and I don't think Lamb is fully ready to step into that number one spot. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I hope so.
Here's a MC prediction for next season:

Amari Cooper will have a better season than CeeDee Lamb.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So you have a legit issue then?

Because saying people said things that can easily be shown you're lying is a problem, don't you see that?

This is middle school stuff, dude. Grow up and stop playing make believe with peoples words, kid.
You mentioning others are lying is hilarious, lmao. You're the biggest liar on the forum. Everyone knows you have a woodrow for anything Dak related, but you've been busted in lies repeatedly and are now pointing fingers?
Get a grip.
I know, I know "Prove it."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I told you your schtick of "oh, 25 pages incoming" ran it's course.

Now that you've been wrong a few times it seems you've adopted the new schtick of "the usual suspects always show up".

You should've changed your username along your posting habits when you had the chance. You could've hid behind a new username and had a 2nd chance.

Dak lives in your head. rent free. that much is clearly obvious.

apparantley so do I, given you have responded to my posts unsolicited which were meant as sarcasm....

and please, take a laxative, take a dump. you are way too constipated and then have a drink and relax for gawd's sake.....it was meant sarcastically and you are taking anything Dak related as way way way way too seriously. like I said, you are obsessed as its the only topic you seem to appear.

you want me to make you happy and give you a few more likes so you feel more popular? let me know dude...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The "usual suspects" works both ways....Dak jock sniffers are always trying to prop him up. After going on 7 years, i think that has run its course. He is what he is.. an overpaid average QB with a weak arm and now deteriorating mobility. And can't read defenses worth a darn.
that's what I meant. and that's what I said..... :grin:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You mentioning others are lying is hilarious, lmao. You're the biggest liar on the forum. Everyone knows you have a woodrow for anything Dak related, but you've been busted in lies repeatedly and are now pointing fingers?
Get a grip.
I know, I know "Prove it."
It took you 2 days to come up with that?

And I want you to post me being caught up in a lie for everyone here to see. Do it. Show everyone what I liar I am.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak lives in your head. rent free. that much is clearly obvious.

apparantley so do I, given you have responded to my posts unsolicited which were meant as sarcasm....

and please, take a laxative, take a dump. you are way too constipated and then have a drink and relax for gawd's sake.....it was meant sarcastically and you are taking anything Dak related as way way way way too seriously. like I said, you are obsessed as its the only topic you seem to appear.

you want me to make you happy and give you a few more likes so you feel more popular? let me know dude...
I just wanted to let you know that I said what I said and I didn't read any of this.

By all means though, reply to this post also, so I can not read another one of your rebuttals.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It took you 2 days to come up with that?

And I want you to post me being caught up in a lie for everyone here to see. Do it. Show everyone what I liar I am.
Lmao! Like clockwork! You know you were busted and I know it because you deleted things. If you are STILL denying it and then asking for evidence you're dumber than I thought.

I picture you pulling the legs off spiders in a rage. So emotional.

Did Dak steal your "date?"

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lmao! Like clockwork! You know you were busted and I know it because you deleted things. If you are STILL denying it and then asking for evidence you're dumber than I thought.

I picture you pulling the legs off spiders in a rage. So emotional.

Did Dak steal your "date?"
If I open up my posts so you can look through it....

Will you agree to delete your account when you aren't able to find any of the things you accuse me of?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, if we didn't trade an arm and leg for the latest scapegoat for Dak, Amari, Dak would have continued to set Quincy Carter levels of futility as our QB. The point being, if Dak ended up on any of the other franchises that drafted those 7 other QBs, he'd be sitting on the bench as a back-up, holding the clip-board.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, if we didn't trade an arm and leg for the latest scapegoat for Dak, Amari, Dak would have continued to set Quincy Carter levels of futility as our QB. The point being, if Dak ended up on any of the other franchises that drafted those 7 other QBs, he'd be sitting on the bench as a back-up, holding the clip-board.
Holding a clipboard is best case scenario honestly.

He'd probably be battling with Lynch in the XFL for a job.

khiladi

Reaction score
Holding a clipboard is best case scenario honestly.

He'd probably be battling with Lynch in the XFL for a job.

RG3 shattered rookie records before Dak did. Again, teams basically found out that you could sit on Beasley's out routes and Dak looked like a complete wash in 2017. He was awful in 2018, but the OL and RG were dominant. Amari came and saved him, but Dak still struggled against not just a little, but a lot against zone coverage. I mean when you got RBs averaging 5 YPC to start the season like this year, the OC can dictate the defense, because he has the choice of either pass or run like this year. But systems get figured out. Then the QB has to sit in the pocket and make tight window throws. And we know Dak can't do it when he has to go through his progressions. He's a 1-2 read QB that can generally throw when he knows where he is going.

Yeah, he would be a great back-up, maybe one of the best in the game, when your starting QB goes down and you need to keep the season afloat, but he's not a franchise QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If I open up my posts so you can look through it....

Will you agree to delete your account when you aren't able to find any of the things you accuse me of?
Are you that thick? When you delete/reverse/edit something - the original is not there! Kind of like this post I'm replying to that you edited.
Baby steps, you'll get there little fella.