News: Dak 7: Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

NotForLong

Reaction score
That is the difference between TEAM accomplishments and individual accomplishments Goff and Wentz are on their way out of the league, why because getting to or winning a Super Bowl is a piss poor barometer of a players
worth. Quite frankly both of them are lesser QB's by any measurable metric. But hey you guys have at it
If not for Jerry . . . Dak would be on his way out of the league

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
That is the difference between TEAM accomplishments and individual accomplishments Goff and Wentz are on their way out of the league, why because getting to or winning a Super Bowl is a piss poor barometer of a players
worth. Quite frankly both of them are lesser QB's by any measurable metric. But hey you guys have at it
They got their teams there which means they both played in big games and won. While Dak may be better now he still hasn’t figured out how to win a big game in the regular season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t have any other accounts. While I am a regular reader of this board, I’m not a regular poster. The incessant bile directed toward my team’s qb has inspired me to chime in with a brief reality check.
Well, to be fair, you're off to a good start with your over double more posts then likes.

You'll fit in just fine with the rest of the clueless crowd with horrible takes. They all have more posts then likes also because nobody agrees with any of their bad takes.

Keep up the good work!

jnday

Reaction score
Few, Marino comes to mind because he was picked down the line in the 1st.

However, that should not be held against him. He started off 3rd on the depth chart and 2 injuries put him in the 1st spot with not much prep time as the #1 and he responded to the call.

He was the best QB pick in that 2016 draft and it was luck that he ended up a Cowboy because who knows what they'd have ended up with? They wanted Lynch and Cook ahead of him.

I do respect how he responded and he has outperformed his draft pick but to even comment about being passed over in that draft is ridiculous to me.

I know you a quite a few others wish he were not the Cowboys QB but I wonder how y'all feel about just who they might have ended up with because they've proven they have to get lucky with that position. Some don't want him and some feel fortunate they have him and not one of the Tier 3 or 4 QB's.

MC. just take a good long look at that rogue's gallery between Aikman and Romo, think that could still be continuing?
I have no fear of moving on from Dak. I am not willing to accept mediocrity just because there’s less risk . There are too many fans that live in fear of repeating the years between Aikman and Romo. I would hate to repeat those years as well, but I had rather gamble to upgrade the QB position than stick with an average QB that has no chance of winning a Super Bowl.

jnday

Reaction score
Lol....a dime!!

@MountaineerCowboy "dAk cATNTH ReAD dEEFUNCE"

Dak Hater's are MISERABLE HUMAN BEINGS

Lol....a dime!!

We are really happy fans with higher expectations for the QB position. The Dakies are the ones that had to watch their golden boy being exposed. All the years of defending Dak and it has to hurt knowing that it was wasted time. He proved all of us critics right with his stellar play in the second half of the season and that ugly playoff loss. No we are not miserable. I have a big smile on my face every time I see the Dakies try to defend him. It also makes me smile to see the fans that have wised up about Dak and now see that he is not the answer.

NotForLong

Reaction score
We are really happy fans with higher expectations for the QB position. The Dakies are the ones that had to watch their golden boy being exposed. All the years of defending Dak and it has to hurt knowing that it was wasted time. He proved all of us critics right with his stellar play in the second half of the season and that ugly playoff loss. No we are not miserable. I have a big smile on my face every time I see the Dakies try to defend him. It also makes me smile to see the fans that have wised up about Dak and now see that he is not the answer.
:hammer:
Exactly

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lol....a dime!!

That was a nice throw to Witten back in 2017. It’s a shame he seems to have regressed and doesn’t do that consistently nowadays.

Dak has always been a pretty good long ball thrower when it’s man coverage.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
They got their teams there which means they both played in big games and won. While Dak may be better now he still hasn’t figured out how to win a big game in the regular season.
Dude I'm not being a smart***, but it's kind of OBVIOUS. They got to play in a Huge game. The Fact that they played in a big game was not on them rather the TEAM. Sorry that's how it works. The fact that each Qb played lesser ball since that big game, especially in Wentz's case, Is more evidence that in a team game like football , team accomplishments (Super Bowls) are piss poor barometers of individual (Dak's) success. SO I am surrendering the argument. Yes Dak will be judged on Team success (Big Games) as a metric of his success. And that's not accurate.

That's if your looking for accuracy of course

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Dude I'm not being a smart***, but it's kind of OBVIOUS. They got to play in a Huge game. The Fact that they played in a big game was not on them rather the TEAM. Sorry that's how it works. The fact that each Qb played lesser ball since that big game, especially in Wentz's case, Is more evidence that in a team game like football , team accomplishments (Super Bowls) are piss poor barometers of individual (Dak's) success. SO I am surrendering the argument. Yes Dak will be judged on Team success (Big Games) as a metric of his success. And that's not accurate.

That's if your looking for accuracy of course
This thread is about Dak measuring up to qbs drafted above him. Your points are irrelevant for this thread IMO. As for accuracy and Dak those two don’t coexist.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I was always taught, from the sandbox to public speaking 101 The first person in a debate to hurl an insult is the defeated one.

Thank you for proving THAT point

Have a goodnight!

This thread is about Dak measuring up to qbs drafted above him. Your points are irrelevant for this thread IMO. As for accuracy and Dak those two don’t coexist.