Dak a Tier-2 QB per NFL Coaches and Execs

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, it's bizarre. It would seem that some fans think, "He's good, but that's too much money" somehow equals "I hate Dak." Could have fooled me. I thought those two sentences had very different meanings.
Me too. I like Dak as a QB, don't love him though. I've been accused by both sides of being a hater/lover. Very strange group these haters and lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InTheZone

Reaction score
"Dak will never throw for 400 yards."

"If Dak could just throw for 300 yards we'd be fine, but he can't so he sucks."

The Dak haters made ton of statements like this not long ago, and you'd think they'd at least have enough nerve to admit they were wrong on that part of it.
to those who said it, what does it matter? The cowboys still failed and just like the rest of the team Dak played a large part in that failure.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Me too. I like Dak as a QB, don't love him though. I've been accused by both sides of being a hater/lover. Very strange group these haters and lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like the next "50 Shades Of Grey" sequel has found it's title.

Nav22

Reaction score
So guess you're against fans sharing their views. If that's the case, why are you even on a fan site whose purpose is letting fans share their views. I guess back in the '79 AFC Championship when the Oilers got hozed out of going to the Super Bowl when the replay clearly showed they had scored a touchdown, no fan anywhere should have voiced any disapproval. Reality, ya know. No one should ever have spoken up with what they believed the league should be like, that is, a league that corrects bad calls via instant replay. Reallity, ya know. Just accept things the way they are and never question anything like a good little minion.

Yes, I think how salaries are negotiated in the NFL are in dire need of reform. No, I will not shut up about it just because some other fan's opinion is I just just accept it as is. It is a little strange that you seem to have no problem voicing your opinion on an NFL opinion page, but think other fans should just say "reality" and shut up.

Before you respond, answer this yes or no question: Should fans have complained about bad calls not being overturned by replay? Yes or no.
LOL! You’re uninformed and uneducated about how markets work, and WHY they work the way they do.

Hence your embarrassing suggestion that Dak should be paid the 12th-highest salary since he’s the 12th-best QB. You simply don’t get it.

Adorable attempt at an analogy! Asking for instant replay to curtail bad calls...... vs asking for an entire re-do of an economic system based on free agency and the rising salary cap LOLLLLLLLL!!!
:lmao2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Why don't people understand that's now how it works. Goff was in tier 3 and Wentz in tier 2 and they were both paid like top 5 QB's. The cap rises and so does the price, idk why people get so bent up about it. Bosa just signed a deal for 27 million a year. All of a sudden Lawrence's contract doesn't look as bad. That's how this works.
exactly. people don't understand because they choose not to... they have certainly been told plenty.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The NFL top 100 rated Dak the 9th best QB. Not the 12th.
Any young top 10 QB hitting the market as an UDFA this year would have asked for Russell Wilson money.
That is exactly how it works.

Dallas wanted to hold line at the Goff deal even thought Goff signed his deal 18 months ago.
Chronology matters in yearly cap mgmt and matters in cap signings.

DAL was offering 28,5 when 31M would have gotten a deal then they offered 31.5 when 34 would have gotten a deal.
Then they offered 33-35 but for 5 years when 4 would have sealed the deal.

Basically they brought the pain of this franchise tag upon themselves.
The TEAM claimed he was a franchise QB and thus must pay him for that.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2. Sign Dak after year 3 as soon as he became eligible for a new contract. This one is a little bit murky, as we don't know for sure how much the Cowboys offered last offseason. If the offer was fair (i.e., Carson Wentz money), then shame on Dak. If not, shame on the Cowboys. It takes two to tango. What we do know is that Dak pressed his leverage after finishing year 4, and the Cowboys should've tried to avoid that outcome, within reason.

Dak simply had not shown as much in his first 3 years as he did in his 4th. Both by eyeball and stats, his accuracy improved enormously. Much more decisive getting rid of the ball. Better pocket awareness.

After 3 I didn't consider him a quality franchise QB. After 4, I do. Blaming the team for not seeing the future is dumb.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Any young top 10 QB hitting the market as an UDFA this year would have asked for Russell Wilson money.

9th best QB this year, but some of those best are great older players who are not long for the league, and more likely to decline into the future.

And people really need to factor Dak's durability into his value.

In terms of 4 year contract value, Dak is more around 5 or less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
always resorting to insults like a trollish child.

You're assuming people have Dak ranked as #1. When I said "in the middle where most will rank him" I was referring to somewhere around the 7-17 range. You somehow actually believe my range was 1-24, lol, what "random moron" would have him rated #1? lol

Another dumb exaggeration from a troll. I’ve always had him right where he should be. 2nd tier, top 10 and rising.

I’ve basically completely nailed dak and you have completely bumbled the qb evaluation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
trolls don't lose, the Cowboys do. Until we win a Super Bowl we all lose.

some of you people I swear...

When it comes to dak you lost bad.

What does a troll like you know about sb’s?

You want dalton. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"Dak will never throw for 400 yards."

"If Dak could just throw for 300 yards we'd be fine, but he can't so he sucks."

The Dak haters made ton of statements like this not long ago, and you'd think they'd at least have enough nerve to admit they were wrong on that part of it.
Pathetic trolls with no guts. That’s why they are useless.

can’t even man up. Now they resort to.....

“dak isn’t elite”.

yah, they lost.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We've said a lot of things about Dak. So far I've never seen anyone actually hate on him. If such a post exists, I haven't come across it. There have been a huge number of posts, mine among them, that have simply been against overpaying him. That's not hate. Now if someone posts, "He's a worthless pile of [bleep] and a scrub," I would say that qualifies as hate. But "don't pay too much" or "he's above average" or "he's a bus driver" don't qualify in my book as hate.
I agree.

Why would anybody hate Dak.?

I hate the drama, I disagree about the money being thrown around, I am tired of the losing.

If it gets worked out with Dak and Jerrah and Son want to do it their way..

whatever.

Frankly, Jerrah surprises heck out of me all the time now.

Hiring McCarthy? The best we could have hoped for.

That Jerrah can oversee a successful draft like this one? Unbelievable.

And he is the same GM that wanted to draft Johnny Mansel.

Jeykel and Hyde.

Maybe paying Dak is the best way to go.

I have only my opinion and a butt hole like everybody. I try not to talk out of both at the same time.

:omg:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Dallas wanted to hold line at the Goff deal even thought Goff signed his deal 18 months ago.
Chronology matters in yearly cap mgmt and matters in cap signings.

DAL was offering 28,5 when 31M would have gotten a deal then they offered 31.5 when 34 would have gotten a deal.
Then they offered 33-35 but for 5 years when 4 would have sealed the deal.

Basically they brought the pain of this franchise tag upon themselves.
The TEAM claimed he was a franchise QB and thus must pay him for that.
I read your post and clearly to me..

at no point has Dallas decided to over pay Dak.

They have stayed just short of what Dak wanted and stood their ground their measuring sticks of Goff and others have shown were benchmarks.

It leaves some wiggle room in case it comes down to another. round of negotiations.

And it has. The pandemic has saved Dallas from committing only $31 mil/yr over one year.

Now it all goes back to lower numbers becuz the cap will crash.

Doesn't Dallas look like wise money managers now.?

Doesn't it appear Dak has lost his huge contract now?

Does to me.

Big mistake he and France undertook.

Interesting.

Proof

Reaction score
Here's where you are failing to add a stack of chips over on the Cowboys side of your leverage argument.

#1-Andy Dalton

This is a total break with traditional Cowboy roster building and equipping the QB position. I do not ever remember when the Cowboys signed a guy of equal capability as their starter.

Never. You would have to go back to Morton and Staubach to find a competition like that.

Dalton equals leverage. A lot if you want to know the reality of the situation.

#2-the pandemic

Talk about a wild card piece of leverage. Dallas knows anything can happen in this illness environment.

Having the most expensive, talented QB does not make you the favorite to win it. Having the healthiest teammates does when January arrives.

I think the saying goes..

"the best laid plans of mice and men, etc..".

Dalton is zero leverage. He was insurance against a holdout with a tiny hint of “zeke who” antics. He’s signed for a year. Y’all are delusional

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dalton is zero leverage. He was insurance against a holdout with a tiny hint of “zeke who” antics. He’s signed for a year. Y’all are delusional
Hmmmm...

Dak gets this year to prove he is Mahomes..

after that do not be surprised what happens.

And I am not delusional.

A bit high and unemployed at the moment.

:laugh:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
He is a tier 2...: but I always said that Daks greatest attribute is his willingness too improve and work hard..those are the players that get Rings...we need him to take the level and Jerry will be forced to pay up..

Qcard

Reaction score
Why don't people understand that's now how it works. Goff was in tier 3 and Wentz in tier 2 and they were both paid like top 5 QB's. The cap rises and so does the price, idk why people get so bent up about it. Bosa just signed a deal for 27 million a year. All of a sudden Lawrence's contract doesn't look as bad. That's how this works.
They don't care how the system works.

Dak Haters just hate Dak:lmao2: