Dak ain't going anywhere

kskboys

Reaction score
I can respect a man who is willing to back up his claims....I'm also a sucker for a friendly gentleman bet.

If Dak signs an extension with the Cowboys at any point from the day after the draft until the first regular season NFL kickoff week 1 2024 you win. If he doesn't I win. Loser isn't eligible to post again until the day after the Cowboys 2024 season and/or post season is officially over.
Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I would argue that Lance figures into this leverage equation. Some will laugh and disagree but I think JJ may be willing to roll out TL next year thinking he could get similar production with this current team.
He has a small sample size of games but the potential may be worth it to JJ. Therefore let DP play out year and move on.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
this is what it's like reading this.

charlie-brown-studying-charlie-brown.gif
yes teacher

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have zero idea. However, the simple fact that he hired him showed that Jerry is a changed man at this point. Jerry admitted by the hiring of Jimmy that any one of 5 zillion coaches could not do the job.
I’m not ready to acknowledge Jethro “ is a changed man”. At least not without more evidence.

Being on the Advisory Board sounds like a token position Jethro made up for public perception. Who else is on this AB?

I welcome of course any input Jimmy might provide . But I suspect it’s probably more of what Parcells stated in that you have to convince Jethro to go against his instincts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can respect a man who is willing to back up his claims....I'm also a sucker for a friendly gentleman bet.

If Dak signs an extension with the Cowboys at any point from the day after the draft until the first regular season NFL kickoff week 1 2024 you win. If he doesn't I win. Loser isn't eligible to post again until the day after the Cowboys 2024 season and/or post season is officially over.
I initially proposed a 30 day or longer silence. I’d be willing to extend to 60 or 90 days.

And I’ll counter your proposal with an extension can be done anytime from now until the end of the season which supports Dak isn’t going anywhere. When the extension is done isn’t important as long as it’s done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If I ever show traits of narcissism please let me have it with both barrels.

1. I'm just saying it doesn't always have to be about me.

2. I don't always have to be right about what I say

3. If my proclamations turn out to be right 100% of the time don't feel like I must be recognized
Normally I’d agree but we have harsh opposition taking over our forum who are stating as their word is the gospel not just speculating that Dak isn’t going to be resigned.

So if you’re going to take that on strongly you must provide opposition with absolute confidence of certainty as well.

Many of these were dead wrong 4 years ago . And yet are here again with same message . They must be held accountable or this just becomes a place anyone can say anything anytime without any validity to its substance.

That’s not a place which interest me at all. And if this is what our forum becomes. I’m out.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Normally I’d agree but we have harsh opposition who are stating as their word is the gospel not just speculating that Dak isn’t going to be resigned.

So if you’re going to take that on strongly you must provide opposition with absolute confidence of certainty as well.

Many of these were dead wrong 4 years ago . And yet are here again with same message . They must be held accountable or this just becomes a place anyone can say anything anytime without any validity to its substance.

That’s not a place which interest me at all. And if this is what our forum becomes. I’m out.
Unfortunately, this place became that a long time ago.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I certainly hope he spends the off-season chasing chickens as he needs speed because he has to run like a speedy bird as he runs for his life especially with all the o-line changes upcoming. Besides, I'm tired of watching him get dragged down from behind.
tenor.gif

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I initially proposed a 30 day or longer silence. I’d be willing to extend to 60 or 90 days.

And I’ll counter your proposal with an extension can be done anytime from now until the end of the season which supports Dak isn’t going anywhere. When the extension is done isn’t important as long as it’s done.
Wouldn't be worth it then. I'd be fine saying anything done before the draft just voids the agreement. I say that because I believe signing Dak now actually makes some sense as you still have some time to make moves to improve your team, it's waiting until August to do so that I think completely throws things out of whack in my opinion.

Plus if we don't have a hard window before next February the risk/reward just isn't fair to both parties. Under those terms I would be at risk every single day until the end of the season, whereas you're completely free from any consequence for a full year.

We know where we each stand on the issue, so bragging rights are already there. If stakes aren't higher I don't see a point in making a bet like this.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think Jerry has finally come to the conclusion that the haters knew for a long while, that it doesn't matter if you bring the choker back or not, nothing will change. It reminds him of his stupid decision to train Garrett the robotic idiot.
Yet Jerry was never trying to 'train' Garrett, he kept him around for 10 years because he could control him. Garrett was the ultimate 'yes' man, it's the only reason he held onto his job for so long. He would still be the HC now if Jerry hadn't caved to the fan and media outcry over the crap job Garrett was doing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yet Jerry was never trying to 'train' Garrett, he kept him around for 10 years because he could control him. Garrett was the ultimate 'yes' man, it's the only reason he held onto his job for so long. He would still be the HC now if Jerry hadn't caved to the fan and media outcry over the crap job Garrett was doing.
I remember him saying "we would hate to lose him after all our training of him"

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.
So you're actually predicting that Dak/France is going to concede on something in the contract.....what would that be?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Of course Dak is going to be signed. Jerry always makes the wrong decision. And just like Garrett it is not going to end well. We all know how this is going to end. My opinion has been that we can't win anything big with Dak and we're not going to win anything without him because the ownership is the real reason why this franchise fails year after year. I've even said I don't think Tom Brady could win with this franchise. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try though because what else do we have.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I remember him saying "we would hate to lose him after all our training of him"
And that's the narcissist in Jerry coming out. How could someone think he knows how to train someone to do a job that he never did himself? It would be like me jumping into the cockpit of a plane and trying to tell the pilot how to do his job when I don't have the first clue how to do it.

Aven8

Reaction score
France will not blink and will not move. Nothing scares that guy and he won’t lose at chicken. His best interest for his client is to become a FA on the open market.

pansophy

Reaction score
The one thing I’ll say is that Jerry and Stephen are generally pretty transparent about their intentions. If they are saying they are going to sign him to an extension then we should believe them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
And that's the narcissist in Jerry coming out. How could someone think he knows how to train someone to do a job that he never did himself? It would be like me jumping into the cockpit of a plane and trying to tell the pilot how to do his job when I don't have the first clue how to do it.
hey, he played high school football and college too. That automatically qualifies you to run the NFL.