Dak ain't going anywhere

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We are locking him up for another 4 years at 250 million. This is 100% gonna happen. Not sure why anyone would ever think otherwise.

This, as we use to say in high school basketball, once the coach pulled the starting 5 after a win with several minutes to go, “It’s all over but the crying now”.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak is pure and simply a gold digger. Very sad. Man, if you think that's a good thing, I think there's something wrong w/ you.

Now, maybe Dak just wants out of this clusterfudge. Can't say I'd blame him if that's the case.
I don't believe one minute Prescott wants out of Dallas.

-Perrenial playoff team (despite the postseason failures)
-Endorsements, popularity not only locally but across the country due to being QB of one of the top franchises in all of professional sports.
However - if his next contract demands are at a level even the Joneses can't comply with - thus won't extend him... he'll have a couple of suitors in free agency.

(Going home to Louisiana to play for the Saints comes to mind.)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was going to mention this as well. Jerry is 82. At this point in his life he is not interested in going with a full-blown rebuild.
He’s also not going to be interested spending what could take years trying to find another QB that’s at least as good or better than Dak.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’d think more would sense what the inevitable outcome is. If I felt they were in this forum then my thread wouldn’t have been necessary. Thanks , good post.
We’re coming from the same place my friend. Jerry’s act is as obvious as it is tired.

Qcard

Reaction score
I understand all of the naysayers will continue to call for his ousting and say it’s over but they are in for a rude awakening by the beginning of the season. I’m not here to promote either side but rather state why it’s going a certain way.

The fact Jethro just came out and said there probably wouldn’t be a deal done until Camp or preseason supports what I’ve said from the beginning .

This was basically Option 2 in a thread I posted earlier in the week in why there wouldn't be a deal done by March 13th which also supported my notion we wouldn't be very active in FA.

Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.

My instincts have been spot on so far because I have better insights into our owner and his agendas . Jethro has no intentions to move on without Dak. He’s still All In. But this is basically the only leverage he has holding out until the waning hours before the regular season begins.

He knows he’s going to be ripped for caving in to a Market Price type extension and the closer he can push into the beginning of regular season the less time his and Daks opponents have to bash him and Dak before season begins.

It’s his way of attempting to control the narrative in the media which pushing it back is a better storyline for him than caving in. It provides a talking point for those against a resigning that there’s hope.
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Dak Haters….meet your maker!!!:lmao::lmao:

75boyz

Reaction score
Of course he is, and CeeDee is no different. Micah is probably the same, but he hasn't admitted it to the media like CeeDee did, not that I heard. Neither one of them is really interested in winning, it all about money.

Dak has a bad game and as soon as he is interviewed he always says the same thing - "I need to get better". Problem is he doesn't really give a damn and has no intention of actually doing it, he only says it to appease the few fans who actually think he means it and believe that he cares about improving his game. He doesn't.
Great post.
Spot on.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So when you're wrong, you just move on to the next scenario LOL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wel....shocker...I did not follow you for the past 15 years.

So....you have told everyone that you worked for the Cowboys, and personally know Jerry Jones, and are/were part of the decision makers of the Dallas Cowboys?
What exactly would I know about CowboysZone member "DiehardBlues" I I had been following you for 15 years?
No, I didn’t work for the Cowboys although I met several who did.

I was part of the original group who joined the Dallas Cowboys Travel Club established in 1989. We traveled with the team on road games, staying at team hotel, meet and greet of players , coaches and even our owners.

We had breakfast on Game Day with one of the asst coaches and buses were in caravan to the stadium with the team as we sat with fans with same package. This provided us close access and insight. More than most.

I also was a season ticket holder for most of 4 decades at Texas Stadium . And attended all of the Training Camps in Texas which provided more access staying at team hotel.

While I stayed on as a season ticket holder until a group of tens of thousands season ticket holders revolted against Jethro in 2008 refusing to move to the new stadium .

I ceased traveling with the team after Jimmy departed. Most fans who have followed me since our days on the Dallas Cowboys official fan forum are more probably more familiar .

I also had some access to players and sports personalities in our family insurance business. My uncle was a college football player from TCU, He had an opportunity to play in NFL but turned down a 10,000 a year contract and 1,000 signing bonus in 1962 from Vince Lombardi cause it wasn’t enough to move his family to Green Bay.

So he begun selling life insurance becoming the first Million Dollar producer for largest company in Texas. Was a scratch golfer and thru his football contacts begin building his clients with sports personalities eventually branching out with my father ( his older brother) with his own insurance brokerage company. I worked in his office and came in contact with several including many from older era including Staubach and Landry. My uncle first took us to games at the Cotton Bowl and bought season tickets in 1971 at Texas Stadium which he, my father and I maintained for most of 4 decades. I have my two seats I purchased when stadium closed.

This doesn’t mean I’m any greater fan or have more expertise , etc but it did provide me more insight and instinct than the average fan off the street. And those early years with the Cowboys had some personal contact with Jethro who I initially supported or at least tolerated because of success with Jimmy.

I know most in my circle of friends and family enjoy getting my take and enjoy some of the stories and experiences I have to tell even if they don’t always agree or aren’t as discontent and frustrated with current era . I’m sorry if it doesn’t interest you. But at least you know now. Have a good day!

Flamma

Reaction score
Holding out can result in his losing an accrued season and thus he would not be a free agent next March. Dak Prescott is not going to hold out under any circumstance. Dak gets paid $5 million tomorrow. The balance of his compensation for 2024, $29 million, becomes fully guaranteed on Wednesday. Unless they cut him today he’s the Dallas Cowboys’ quarterback for 2024.
No chance he holds out. More importantly, he has no reason to hold out. He's not afraid of anything. What he doesn't get here, he'll get somewhere else.

Flamma

Reaction score
And that’s the ultimate bottom line .

Until he acknowledges that at age 82 he no longer provides Cowboys Football as their GM our best opportunity to win. Then it’s status quo .

And I’d argue thus far thru FA it has been status quo. No surprises yet.
Is he even still in charge? I think he passed this on to his son around 10 years ago. Or whenever that last signing of Carr took place. Before then, Jerry used to go after big named players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is he even still in charge? I think he passed this on to his son around 10 years ago. Or whenever that last signing of Carr took place. Before then, Jerry used to go after big named players.
If he’s passed on the responsibility without the title , what does that say about Jethro?

What father does that?

Flamma

Reaction score
If he’s passed on the responsibility without the title , what does that say about Jethro?

What father does that?
Wouldn't you say the evidence points to that? Is it probable that Jerry would have done a complete 180 to his approach? Then stubbornly stuck with it despite the lack of even 1 NFCCG appearance using this new approach. Given his past, you would think he would break from his current approach just once, right? That the FA pool would be too much for him to ignore. Just once? I think it's not happening because he passed on the responsibility.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak isn't going anywhere. Yep, I agree with you. He's not going to the playoffs or Super bowls, but I don't care. I just hope he doesn't leave. I'd probably give up watching my team if he's gone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wouldn't you say the evidence points to that? Is it probable that Jerry would have done a complete 180 to his approach? Then stubbornly stuck with it despite the lack of even 1 NFCCG appearance using this new approach. Given his past, you would think he would break from his current approach just once, right? That the FA pool would be too much for him to ignore. Just once? I think it's not happening because he passed on the responsibility.
Sorry, I don’t agree he passed the torch . That said Stephen is taking a bigger role . But the buck still stops with Jethro our GM.

rambo2

Reaction score
I understand all of the naysayers will continue to call for his ousting and say it’s over but they are in for a rude awakening by the beginning of the season. I’m not here to promote either side but rather state why it’s going a certain way.

The fact Jethro just came out and said there probably wouldn’t be a deal done until Camp or preseason supports what I’ve said from the beginning .

This was basically Option 2 in a thread I posted earlier in the week in why there wouldn't be a deal done by March 13th which also supported my notion we wouldn't be very active in FA.

Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.

My instincts have been spot on so far because I have better insights into our owner and his agendas . Jethro has no intentions to move on without Dak. He’s still All In. But this is basically the only leverage he has holding out until the waning hours before the regular season begins.

He knows he’s going to be ripped for caving in to a Market Price type extension and the closer he can push into the beginning of regular season the less time his and Daks opponents have to bash him and Dak before season begins.

It’s his way of attempting to control the narrative in the media which pushing it back is a better storyline for him than caving in. It provides a talking point for those against a resigning that there’s hope.
Nice post.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t agree he passed the torch . That said Stephen is taking a bigger role . But the buck still stops with Jethro our GM.
You wouldn't make a good detective. But that doesn't mean you're not right. But from my observations of people over the years, very few people make drastic changes to what they normally do. With the exception of those recovering from substance abuse. What could have made Jerry flip that switch?

kskboys

Reaction score
Has Jerry changed enough to make the 1 decision that should have been made 25 years ago? Then no, I don't think he has changed, not near enough.
All depends on if he truly hired Jimmy as an advisor and if he did, will he listen to him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You wouldn't make a good detective. But that doesn't mean you're not right. But from my observations of people over the years, very few people make drastic changes to what they normally do. With the exception of those recovering from substance abuse. What could have made Jerry flip that switch?
Flip the switch? You mean not taking high risk in FA.

Probably cause he wasn’t doing well with it this era. Maybe Stephen convinced him to just say no.

That doesn’t mean Stephen took over. Maybe Jethro thought he’s had a good enough team didn’t need a big splash from FA.

And it’s not like they haven’t had any activity in FA in recent years. Just not taking as big of risk which probably reverts back to my above reasoning .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All depends on if he truly hired Jimmy as an advisor and if he did, will he listen to him.

Yea, I want to learn more about our Advisory Board. Anybody else on this Board but Jimmy?

Is this a paid position. Does Jimmy actually have an office at the Star? Or does Jethro just call or text Jimmy if he has a question or needs advice. I’d really like more details.