Dak and Coaching were major issues today

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Home field advantage for Dallas is a major issue right now for the play-offs. They aren’t a good enough team to overcome bone-headed mistakes, especially from their HC, that are most often a product of this type of weather.

They are definitely solid enough on both ends of the floor to make a run.

Are we still talking Cowboys here or did you start day dreaming about another team like the 49ers or Vikings? Dallas isn’t “solid” in any aspect of the game. This team is so inconsistent it’s hard to believe you even called them solid.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak was pretty bad early in the game. And He should have run the ball on third and seven down inside the red zone

He’s scared to run now. I remember him flipping into the end zone in past seasons. Now, he barely runs. Someone has told him not to run, or something happened to make him decide not to run anymore.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I’d say both. We had bad field position all game long. Defense couldn’t generate any turnovers. I’d lean more towards special teams.
I’m with you 100% on both of those units, however, I’m baffled at your dismissal of the offenses lack of anything today. They too can change field position, put points in the board and help the defense by making the Pats even more 1 dimensional, and not rely on STs to finish drives. Sustain long drives give the defense a rest...etc.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Dak was not to blame. Had a better game than Brady. The int was a spectacular defensive move. The lone Td our team gave up was due to a blocked punt. Both teams had a rough time in the elements. Let's not overreact

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s scared to run now. I remember him flipping into the end zone in past seasons. Now, he barely runs. Someone has told him not to run, or something happened to make him decide not to run anymore.

He doesn't want to be labeled a running QB as he fears this will cost him cash....he wants to be known for his arm talents.
GL with that Dak.....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak wasn't any worse than Brady. But Brady got to start two possessions in Cowboys territory thanks to his defense and special teams - they produced 10 points.

The Cowboys have to drive 80 yards all day because of their defense and special teams making no plays, whatsoever.
Garrett hired the ST coach, and he likes him!! lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Newsflash...the Patriots are really good especially their defense and special teams. Didn't have a real shot of winning that game

And I'm not upset about it other than the poor coaching and bad tripping calls.

This was always going to be a long shot for us to win, even if we were 9-0 at this point. New England doesn't lose at home and weather like that makes beating the No. 1 defense an almost impossible task.

We're 6-5 because we lost to teams we should have beaten. This was not one of those.

khiladi

Reaction score
:omg::omg::omg:

Khiladi must have been drinking today.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. ;)

I think plenty of big armed average pocket QBs in this circumstance can do it. It’s clear Dallas has shifted back to the deep developing pass routes contingent on really good pass blocking. This pass blocking has been dominant, contrary to the whining a read a lot on this board.

That’s why we are pretty much number 1 on third down. This OL completely holds up on third and long.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dak wasn't any worse than Brady. But Brady got to start two possessions in Cowboys territory thanks to his defense and special teams - they produced 10 points.

The Cowboys have to drive 80 yards all day because of their defense and special teams making no plays, whatsoever.

You missed the part where Dak gave them the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK boomer. This is not Twitter and I'm not "messaging you". I promise you that if you have the willpower to ignore my posts, then no harm will befall you.

If only you could avoid that 15 QBR score though...
Alright. What time do they make y’all go to bed at the nursing home?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is purely speculation, but do you think Dak is not running because he doesn’t want to risk injury before signing a contract.
The jones boys dont want him running, and dak prefers to throw over running, and he isnt coached to run in
certain situations, he is probably told to keep looking down field, where I would tell him to take off if a lane opens up.
The planned runs I dont like those except inside the 10. Better to take off and run on a pass play, it wears
on the defense, but dak the coaches, and the jones boys are all to blame for his lack of running.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is purely speculation, but do you think Dak is not running because he doesn’t want to risk injury before signing a contract.

I would have come into this game, especially with the weather, with a designed running attack for the quarterback. I said it before the game and still believe that would have been our best shot at winning.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are we still talking Cowboys here or did you start day dreaming about another team like the 49ers or Vikings? Dallas isn’t “solid” in any aspect of the game. This team is so inconsistent it’s hard to believe you even called them solid.

They are relative to the “top teams” around the league. No team is completely dominant right now in every phase of the game. The closest right now is probably the Ravens, but I don’t trust Lamar. Maybe Seattle..

Who else? The Chiefs have not defense. Teams basically just have to play good on all sides, not exceptional.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was not to blame. Had a better game than Brady. The int was a spectacular defensive move. The lone Td our team gave up was due to a blocked punt. Both teams had a rough time in the elements. Let's not overreact

no he did not have a better game than Brady. He has better blocking up front that Brady did.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m with you 100% on both of those units, however, I’m baffled at your dismissal of the offenses lack of anything today. They too can change field position, put points in the board and help the defense by making the Pats even more 1 dimensional, and not rely on STs to finish drives. Sustain long drives give the defense a rest...etc.
I just think the Patriots are the best defense in the league. No shame in not scoring against them. But special teams goofs? That can’t happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Don’t get ahead of yourself. ;)

I think plenty of big armed average pocket QBs in this circumstance can do it. It’s clear Dallas has shifted back to the deep developing pass routes contingent on really good pass blocking. This pass blocking has been dominant, contrary to the whining a read a lot on this board.

That’s why we are pretty much number 1 on third down. This OL completely holds up on third and long.

You’re a straight shooter and good poster. Always have been even though we disagree at times.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I would have come into this game, especially with the weather, with a designed running attack for the quarterback. I said it before the game and still believe that would have been our best shot at winning.

I really thought that was what they were going to do...that would have softened up the D a little.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
no he did not have a better game than Brady. He has better blocking up front that Brady did.
Stats say otherwise. Like I said minus being gifted excellent field position for the and the spectacular diving int by Gillmore dak.has the better day.