Dak and his selfish 4 year contract

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s true, but I think we have to assume most NFL players don’t care about their team winning the super bowl the same way fans do. They’re just good to receive the money.
Absolutely true. Money first and foremost. Tom Brady is one of the few. I also think Deion took a lot less to play for the 49ers over the Saints. He wanted to win. But for most players, even if they already have a fortune, it's still more money, more money, more money. More money than they'll ever spend in a lifetime, and if given the chance, double it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm going to tell my boss, I didn't really work on Friday and suggest he take money off my paycheck. And tell him to give to Becky who worked all day.
sounds like Becky is a team player and you should be fired. shrugs. you go Becky

lukin2006

Reaction score
Jerry gave him that contract, just as he gave Elliot that contract...the bottom line is Jerry is clueless. Neither Dak nor Elliot are worth even close to what they are paying them...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yep get all the money….I love how his money make y’all pocket watchers mad lol.
What makes me mad is the fans are the ones footing the bill for these overpaid contracts and the product being put on the field is crap......we might as well invest in an agricultural farm instead as then the crap would be expected.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
ahhh, hmmm, this year his cap hit was 19M. and last year it was 17M....so what happened to the cap and all the great players we wanted to sign in the past 2 years?

btw, we could have still kept Cooper and still be under the cap this year....hmmm, why didn't we.

and which player outside of brady says, give me less money...please give me less money?

facts are Jerry had the chance to walk away. could have not tagged Dak. could have not extend a contract. which FAs in dallas would have put us over the top? who are the players we could have signed last two years and with a QB that had less than 10% of cap hit, we didn't?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry excels at dumb contracts. If we are being fair though view Dak’s through the lense of the Murray and Watson deals. It’s FMV for a QB. If we are complaining about contracts that hurt the team why not focus on the washed up 27 year old RB that averages 2 yards a carry.
and Lawrence, and Zeke.

Jarntt

Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Sorry but with all due respect this is just full of inaccuracies and horrible ideas. Look at how Dak’s contract and situation has evolved.

There were two reasons the team seemed to want a 5 year deal over a 4 year deal. The first was to keep him from hitting free agency again a year earlier. Two problems here. First he ended up signing the next year for 4 years instead of that year for 5 in part because of this. So he was tagged in “year one” and then signed a 4 year deal which basically puts him in the same position as if he signed a 5 year deal in the first place and wasn’t tagged. the second issue is thst at this point thank goodness his contract is ending a year earlier in case we want to move on from him. Heck, I wish it was a 3 year contract at this point. I like Dak but I want the flexibility to move on soon as possible if at this time next year or some other point we choose to do so.

The Second reason for a 5 year contract was they wanted to spread the cap hit on his signing bonus over 5 years instead of 4. Well look at what they have done with his contract. They already pushed some of the cap hits from his various bonuses (restructure) into that 5th and even 6th year with the stupid fake year crap these teams do. So this too is a moot point.

my last issue is you say Dak can’t get to the SB with his arm and interceptions but you want to sign him to a 7 year extension? Are you insane? You want to lock him into not only another contract but a 7 year one at this point and at his age? No thanks to that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What makes me mad is the fans are the ones footing the bill for these overpaid contracts and the product being put on the field is crap......we might as well invest in an agricultural farm instead as then the crap would be expected.
You don’t pay for **** stop it lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Absolutely the heck not.
Dallas had a chance to sign Dak 2 years before they did at 25M a year.
They waited and made him "prove it".
They had a chance to sign Dak at 33M a year the year before they did and they pushed it off.
To prove just how inanely stupid that was, they saw him suffer a very serious injury and STILL had to give him a major raise to 40M APY.

Dak made peanuts for 4 years. He did not even earn 3M TOTAL his 3 years in the league.
His 4th year he earned all of 2.1M dollars.

So this front office deserves to pay every red cent of his contract and be beaten to death by it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How was he selfish? He and his agent were negotiating with the biggest blinker in the NFL and every agent and player knows this. He's supposed to leave money on the table? Who does this?

His agent got everything that Prescott wanted, no tag, no trade, guaranteed money and a short-term contract in the ever-increasing QB contracts of the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
dak and zeke are the worst two contracts ever signed by the cowboys. both have cost this team so much and will continue to hamstring the team until 2027 at least.
Dak extension coming soon.