Dak and his selfish 4 year contract

LovinItAll

Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Sorry, I'm not going to begrudge a guy for getting paid after delivering the goods on a 4th round rookie deal. No, it wasn't team friendly, but how many of you are willing to take less money at your jobs so that your company can perform better?

His next deal is completely different. No matter what the Dak haters think, he's going to be a Cowboy for 2 more years, and if he's smart, he'll sign a team friendly, 5 year deal that lets the team put the pieces in place required for him to succeed.. That includes RBs, WRs, and O Linemen. If he'll take $40MM/yr for 5 years, that'll get it done.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If he's smart, he'll sign a team friendly, 5 year deal that lets the team put the pieces in place required for him to succeed.. That includes RBs, WRs, and O Linemen. If he'll take $40MM/yr for 5 years, that'll get it done.
:eek:please make it stop . . . I can't take it any more . . .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dallas is currently projected at $5m over the cap for 2023. You don't think the Jones clan considered this in their 2022 free agency spending? What agenda do you think I'm trying to push? I was completely against how the Cowboys approached this offseason and was furious that they didn't utilize the available cap space. I repeated over and over that this was the year to go all in, and was ridiculed for it. "Long term success vs short term gain" type of crap. Know who you're talking to before making blind assumptions. Knowing the cap situation and understanding that we have some big obligations on the horizon, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together, despite our grievances with ownership. Jerral is an idiot, but his ego drives his will for success.

To be clear, I've supported Dak since day 1 and defended him tooth and nail until his performance this season. If long-term implications of pushing money forward doesn't concern you, you aren't paying attention. If I can see it, surely the guys that are around the organization can see it. Like it or not, that contract is a problem.
OMG, you are so dense and clueless when it comes to this stuff. probably becuse you have no idea how the cap gets manipulated. so you are saying, Jones sacrified 2021 and 2022 because he is worried about 2023!!! well, if he extends Dak 2 years and pays out 30M in bonus instead of the salary, then the cap is reduced by 50%.

yes, there is a contract that has to be managed, but its not like he has never done it before.

you are barking up the wrong tree, when everybody else is way over on the other side of things. I bet you wear a thin foil hat too....

PlantMySeed

Reaction score
To think in the same off season that Dak was signed to his contract, you could have had Tom Brady for literally half the price. It makes you vomit.

rags747

Reaction score
Daniel Jones will sign a contract for $40+M this off-season, just sayin.

conner01

Reaction score
I would take less money if I was already very rich to win a super bowl, absolutely. Not even a question.

You wouldn't? My gawd, man what in the world are you going to do w/ 200 mill that you can't do w/ 150 mill?
Their job is very short term. You work your whole life for a 10-12 year career that can end your first game. Many players have issues from injury the rest of their life. It is extremely rare that a nfl player takes significantly less than market value on their very first contract. Some guys do later in their career but this is daks first contract and unlike most nfl starters he wasn’t paid huge money in his original contract
I guarantee to you micah, Diggs and lamb are gonna want to get paid too.
People are saying take one for the team but Tyron smith did and fans don’t appreciate it. Many want him cut now but he played his whole career well below market rate. So why would a player not get his money knowing if he takes a lesser contract that he might not even get that money either

Reactions: G2

glimmerman

Reaction score
Every player wants to cash in and gives no discount. He got the going rate now it’s low ball offer.

Reactions: G2

IceBowler

Reaction score
Why do fans think it’s selfish to want to get paid? It’s a business and not one fan is going into his boss tomorrow and tell him he wants to be paid less
In years past. I have, on two occasions, been in line for a sizeable increase. Instead of taking it all myself, I asked the company to spilt the increase between myself and two subordinates. What I understood was that - the two other guys made my job easier and, it enabled the company to do better by having everyone "all in." But again, I've never been a "Union Man."

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Never mess with a man's family-woman or money!
OIP.rXP9jff1azHmiiO2IYhp7wHaEc

9of11

Reaction score
Alien here are the replies you will be getting:
1. don't worry about another man's money
2. it was jerry's fault
3. cooper sucked
4. dumb thread
5. get all you can dak, screw the team

I think I covered it.
I think one was forgotten...

6. The Chewbacca Theory...

Rayman70

Reaction score
His deal isnt an issue. His play is. The play calling was. If he is reigned in and the play calling gets better, we can win the SB. We were within 2 games of the SB guys. We are fine and the overhaul we see offensively is the right call. We are on track I think.

conner01

Reaction score
In years past. I have, on two occasions, been in line for a sizeable increase. Instead of taking it all myself, I asked the company to spilt the increase between myself and two subordinates. What I understood was that - the two other guys made my job easier and, it enabled the company to do better by having everyone "all in." But again, I've never been a "Union Man."
Players have very short careers and there’s a big difference in guys that take less on a 3rd or 4th contract. This is his first contract after being a 4th rnd pick which is a pretty small contract by nfl standards
He’s not and no player in the nfl would take a pay cut in his situation
If they extend him he might just because he’s got his first contract but why would he take a pay cut when he’s been at a low cap number his whole time here
Tyron smith did exactly what fans are asking Dak to do. He played a well below market price his whole career and now fans want him cut. You ask a guy to give up millions of dollars but then cut him before he finish the deal

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You can blame Dak for his lack of skill and talent.

You have to blame Jerry for giving him that contract though.
That's exactly it. When Jerry and Dak were in negotiations, I was screaming for Jerry to hold firm at around 25 to 28 mil per year, which is plenty generous. Dak could have either taken that or walked. If he had walked, he would have been some other team's problem, but I have my doubts anyone else would have offered him 40 mil per year. Dak is two quarterbacks:

1. Lights-out Dak, whom we can kick butt with.
2. Dufus Dak, who's inaccurate and throws pick 6es on the most basic of plays.

This team has another QB we can win with. Cooper Rush isn't as good as Dak #1, but he's much, much better than Dak #2. We would have had a better chance against the 49ers with Rush at QB because Dak #2 showed up.

If Dak had walked, we would have needed to sign a stop-gap vet and drafted a QB, then probably draft another one the next year, and see if someone steps up as the franchise guy. That's what you've got to do when your non-elite QB is demanding to be paid like an elite.

teamrican1

Reaction score
The player doesn't write the check. NFL careers can end anytime and it is their job to get the best contract they can get. The fault with the Cowboys situation lies entirely with Jerry for offering that horrible contract, not Dak for accepting it.