Dak and his selfish 4 year contract

BlueStar22

Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Selfish? He didn't write the contract.

Beaker42

Reaction score
One could argue that it’s also hurting him as well, since now we are two years into his deal and he’s arguably been playin worse. So if he has another year playing like he did last year, that second bite of the apple is gonna be a green one, and leave him sour faced
I can only pray to God that’s the case. I’ll sit through a crappy season just to read and hear all the grief he and Jerry get for Dak sucking.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
so they decided not to sign anyone, decided not to make a run at superbowl because they worried about future? perhaps they could redo and extend contracts and reduce the cap hit!? just a thought....its what everyone does.
Yes, that's exactly what happened. They had plenty of cap space to bring in difference makers, but opted to look towards the future. Dak's cap hits are looming and they still need to re-sign Diggs and Lamb, which won't be cheap. They could've afforded Bobby Wagner, who had connections to Q, and would've helped bolster the run defense. Von Miller was out there and interested. Chandler Jones, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, Juju, etc etc..all could've been had, but they went cheap, signing guys like Barr, Peters, and Hilton late in the season. Why else would they carry $10m+ of cap room into the season?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what happened. They had plenty of cap space to bring in difference makers, but opted to look towards the future. Dak's cap hits are looming and they still need to re-sign Diggs and Lamb, which won't be cheap. They could've afforded Bobby Wagner, who had connections to Q, and would've helped bolster the run defense. Von Miller was out there and interested. Chandler Jones, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, Juju, etc etc..all could've been had, but they went cheap, signing guys like Barr, Peters, and Hilton late in the season. Why else would they carry $10m+ of cap room into the season?
then Jerry is even stupider than I thought...he is utterly a moron.

you know Dak's contract can easily be worked out and his cap hit next year can significantly be reduced. but that concept is above your head, so I will wait until its redone and I will explain to you what happened.

so why did Jerry carry 10M of cap space? because, that 10M went straight to the bottom line. more profits. he will rework the contract and create cap space and choose not to sign anyone of significance. Dallas was 30th in cash spending in the NFL in 2022. bills spend 267M in 2022, in signing bonuses, etc. and still fit under the cap.

I know you have an agenda to drive. I get it. its another angle of blaming Dak for all that ills the cowboys. you are trying to be creative, but don't go into things you have no clue about. its not a good look for you

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
then Jerry is even stupider than I thought...he is utterly a moron.

you know Dak's contract can easily be worked out and his cap hit next year can significantly be reduced. but that concept is above your head, so I will wait until its redone and I will explain to you what happened.

so why did Jerry carry 10M of cap space? because, that 10M went straight to the bottom line. more profits. he will rework the contract and create cap space and choose not to sign anyone of significance. Dallas was 30th in cash spending in the NFL in 2022. bills spend 267M in 2022, in signing bonuses, etc. and still fit under the cap.

I know you have an agenda to drive. I get it. its another angle of blaming Dak for all that ills the cowboys. you are trying to be creative, but don't go into things you have no clue about. its not a good look for you
Dallas is currently projected at $5m over the cap for 2023. You don't think the Jones clan considered this in their 2022 free agency spending? What agenda do you think I'm trying to push? I was completely against how the Cowboys approached this offseason and was furious that they didn't utilize the available cap space. I repeated over and over that this was the year to go all in, and was ridiculed for it. "Long term success vs short term gain" type of crap. Know who you're talking to before making blind assumptions. Knowing the cap situation and understanding that we have some big obligations on the horizon, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together, despite our grievances with ownership. Jerral is an idiot, but his ego drives his will for success.

To be clear, I've supported Dak since day 1 and defended him tooth and nail until his performance this season. If long-term implications of pushing money forward doesn't concern you, you aren't paying attention. If I can see it, surely the guys that are around the organization can see it. Like it or not, that contract is a problem.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak won that negotiation, it is up to the GM to correct his mistake.

IceBowler

Reaction score
when has this f/o ever....EVER...gone after free-agents like you suggest?
deion....and thats it.

in the meantime...this deal doesn't prevent a committment to the run.

which,in my opinion...is a bigger problem.
.. and Aikman restructured to get him ..

nobody

Reaction score
Alien here are the replies you will be getting:
1. don't worry about another man's money
2. it was jerry's fault
3. cooper sucked
4. dumb thread
5. get all you can dak, screw the team

I think I covered it.
There were a couple of Dak fans that were like that. They claimed to be Cowboys fans. They were liars.

There were others that are Dak fans and still defend him but were concerned about the contract amount, like @America's Cowboy

What's done is done...now we just have to survive the choke.

conner01

Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Why do fans think it’s selfish to want to get paid? It’s a business and not one fan is going into his boss tomorrow and tell him he wants to be paid less

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Parsons lay down around the corner too

Dakota

Reaction score
We need to find a way to move on from Dak. It really is just that simple.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

The team was top 10 in cap space in the offseason. Even more $$ than the eagles. We didnt spend it. $$ wasnt the issue this year. Stop blaming daks bad contract

kskboys

Reaction score
Why do fans think it’s selfish to want to get paid? It’s a business and not one fan is going into his boss tomorrow and tell him he wants to be paid less
Because insisting on top pay when it hurts your team/teammates is selfish. Why would you think it isn't?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
One could argue that it’s also hurting him as well, since now we are two years into his deal and he’s arguably been playin worse. So if he has another year playing like he did last year, that second bite of the apple is gonna be a green one, and leave him sour faced
If Josh Johnson can spend 15 years in the NFL and Jimmy G has a job, I'm sure some one would be willing to sign him for whatever he's asking

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I think it will work out well. I say we draft a replacement. Give dak another year or 2. Then stack out the team and defense with a qb on his rookie contract
that's brilliant, then parsons and ceedee will be aged, parsons body will be broken down. We will need someone to replace d law and a whole new offensive line. So for one player we are going to age an entire team until we can start rebuilding. If this is the plan then we should start racking up draft picks via trades;).