Dak and Romo equal division titles

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Its amazing how much the NFC East has fallen off. Dallas is pretty lucky to get 4-6 easy wins most years.

These things are cyclical unfortunately. At some point, someone in the east will get their act together but until then, Dallas pretty much has a bye to the divisional crown nowadays.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
There might have been a slight difference in difficulty. Let's compare how the rest of the division performed in a comparable time frame.

2006-2011

PHI: 56-39-1
NYG: 57-39
WAS: 37-59

2016-2021

PHI: 49-44-1
NYG: 33-61
WAS: 38-55-1

The nfc East was a lot more competitive during Romos time. Dak dominated the division. Romo not so much.

Swagger

Reaction score
There might have been a slight difference in difficulty. Let's compare how the rest of the division performed in a comparable time frame.

2006-2011

2016-2021

Interesting. Basically a 3 team division under Romo and a 2 team division under Prescott.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Its amazing how much the NFC East has fallen off. Dallas is pretty lucky to get 4-6 easy wins most years.

These things are cyclical unfortunately. At some point, someone in the east will get their act together but until then, Dallas pretty much has a bye to the divisional crown nowadays.

Romo and Garrett also had terrible NFC East teams. Remember those 8-8 years? The difference is that Garrett just doesn't know how to win.

Mookie

Reaction score
I like Dak, he's a baller and a good leader, but I'd still take Romo any day of the week. Imagine Romo with a dominant O-Line, coaching and a defense. My, oh my. We've been lucky with Romo and Dak back to back, that's the truth.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

2006-2011

2016-2021

Not that I am agreeing or disagreeing with the premise of the original post, as I believe teams win games, but if you are going to compare the level of difficulty by wins and losses then you have to remove the games played by the Cowboys.

E.g Philly would be 49-34-1 in Romo's era vs 45-37-1 in Dak's era.

Washington would be 33-51 vs 35-47-1

NYG would be 50-32 vs 31-52

So the quality of the Eagles and WFT teams over the periods are relatively equal from a won-loss perspective, but the Giants were definitely a much better team in the Romo era

Also, if you are going to limit the years to the first 6 of their careers, Dak era will most likely have 3 NFC East titles vs 2 in the Romo era for the same time frame. Currently both are 2-1 in the playoffs the results this year still left to be determined.

Romo's team in his first 6 years was 50-33 vs Dak's team 51-31.

What this really says to me is both Dak and Romo had similar success starting off their careers.

All we can hope for is Dak's team ends up with better post season success including championships by the end of his career in Dallas.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
......and yet only one playoff win. Since Rayne has been credited with division titles, he surely gets the full credit for the 1-2 playoff record

Had this also been discussed?........

Talk to me after end of this season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If you wish to make your assessment fair, Dak should have had a division title last year as well.

After all, it was McCarthy on the sidelines not the dreaded Clapper Romo had to deal with for a decade. Silly thread.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL....some of these fans moving the goal post as to why Dak has the better success than Romo within the division.
....now they claim it is the team....or good vs. bad divisions....
However, if it was a not so good record, they would blame Dak and not the team.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
LOL....some of these fans moving the goal post as to why Dak has the better success than Romo within the division.
....now they claim it is the team....or good vs. bad divisions....
However, if it was a not so good record, they would blame Dak and not the team.
Thank you
You saved me having to post the same . Agendas .: cherry pick - change rules - move goalposts - all to support their agendas :huh:

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Lets discuss this team not winning a super bowl in 25 years. Forget about a damn division title.
Not much to discuss really ?
Allot of almosts and what ifs — hand wringing at its finest - bottom line no Lombardis lifted in Big D since 95/96-