Dak and Romo equal division titles

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak has played against a very bad NFC East to be fair. But we get it you got a man crush.

Lol I have a man crush for pointing out that Dak has had the same amount of division titles that Romo had in his entire career? This "NFC East is bad" thing started only in 2019. Dak had played against a bad NFC East only 3 years and blew the division once and was injured for another. During 2016-2018 when nobody talked about the NFC East as a bad division, Dak won the division 2 out of 3 times and the only time he didn't win was when the Eagles had that juggernaut roster that the rest of the division just couldn't compete with. How did you discern that I have a man crush based on pointing that out and asking why this hasn't been discussed yet?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Lol I have a man crush for pointing out that Dak has had the same amount of division titles that Romo had in his entire career? This "NFC East is bad" thing started only in 2019. Dak had played against a bad NFC East only 3 years and blew the division once and was injured for another. During 2016-2018 when nobody talked about the NFC East as a bad division, Dak won the division 2 out of 3 times and the only time he didn't win was when the Eagles had that juggernaut roster that the rest of the division just couldn't compete with. How did you discern that I have a man crush based on pointing that out and asking why this hasn't been discussed yet?

So besides the superbowl winning Eagles that one year, what NFC East Teams were great since Dak Has been quarterback? Romo had the McNabb led Eagles when Andy Reid was still there to deal with and the some great New York Giants teams play in the East that took down Brady twice. As for the Dak Crushing, what the whole point of trying to throw Romo under the bus, if it is not to prop up your crush?

plasticman

Reaction score
Romo didn't throw an NFL pass until his fourth season. Dak was put out there day1. It didn't have anything to do with opponent strength, team talent, or coaching.

In his first year Dak set rookie records. Romo was on the practice squad and didn't participate in a single game. That's why there are no stats associated with his first season. Don't forget, he came in at the same time as Witten.

Romo's 3rd career pass was an INT. Dak broke the record for most passes before the first INT.

Dak came in a leader. It actually took several years to teach Romo how to be a leader.

Romo was 29 when he won his first playoff game, Dak was 25.

Romo's career is over. Dak still has another 5-7 years to build on his lead over Romo when it comes to accomplishments

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak at 28 already has equal the division titles Romo has ever had. :cool:

Has this only just been discussed?

Dak also TOOK Romo's spot on the roster too and made him retire. Let's not be too loud tho, because we have a few Dak hatin cowards sleeping while they're hiding. They'll wake up again the next time we lose!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
go dakie
emD.gif

Swagger

Reaction score
Romo never had this good of a defense and he was hampered by poor coaches through his career — except for Parcells — one who most certainly should never have been one based on experience alone but got a special exception for family connections. Not to mention some of the worst offensive lines and defenses I’ve ever seen.

Diggs has eleven interceptions alone, the defense has scored six or more TDs not to mention the high amount of turnovers they have caused, special teams have blocked multiple punts and scored TDs, there’s a rookie with 14 sacks, etc.
Careful. You will be labelled as a hater for stating well reasoned points.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Fix Dak's foot last year and start it in 2014
WAS - 1; 2015
NYG - 0
PHL - 2; 2019, 2017
DAL - 5; 2021, 2020, 2018, 2016, 2014

Dallas has owned the NFCE for a while.
No offense but this is pathetic. So we're changing history now a giving them titles they didn't actually win IN REALITY?!?! This is how far the team and the fan base has fallen in terms of expectations.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Good for Dak!

I’m happy to know that along with playing QB,
he coaches,
plays Oline,
WR,
RB,
LB,
DT,
DE,
CB,
S,
and special teams too!

Thats one special player!
:clap:

I get the notion about not over-praising Dak for this amazing game he contributed to mightily. But then don't single him out either when he is not as productive in other games because along with playing QB:
He coaches
Plays Oline
RB
LB
DT
DE
CB
Safety
Special Teams

May I add,
Is the Equipment Manager
Medical Staffer
Team Administrator
Union Liaison Player Representative
Parking Attendant
Janitor
and Hot Dog Vendor

kramskoi

Reaction score

To what end? What's the point? Oh...Dak's now "elite"? Just like Romo before him, he doesn't get the "elite" title until he scores some hardware. Just the way it is.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I get the notion about not over-praising Dak for this amazing game he contributed to mightily. But then don't single him out either when he is not as productive in other games because along with playing QB:
He coaches
Plays Oline
RB
LB
DT
DE
CB
Safety
Special Teams

May I add,
Is the Equipment Manager
Medical Staffer
Team Administrator
Union Liaison Player Representative
Parking Attendant
Janitor
and Hot Dog Vendor
Just remember (like the Falcons) this was the Football Team. Not Green Bay or Tampa Bay. Wanna make a statement? They can make a REAL one against the Cardinals.

JBond

Reaction score
......and yet only one playoff win. Since Rayne has been credited with division titles, he surely gets the full credit for the 1-2 playoff record

Had this also been discussed?........
Boo....

doomsday9084

Reaction score
No offense but this is pathetic. So we're changing history now a giving them titles they didn't actually win IN REALITY?!?! This is how far the team and the fan base has fallen in terms of expectations.

I'm just pointing out that since 2014, Dallas has won more titles than anyone else. When you include that they *clearly* would have won last year without Dak's injury, it shows just how much better Dallas has been.

I'm not trying to pump up Dallas here. My point is that the NFCE has been pathetic for a while, particularly the Giants and WFT. Winning the division is no huge accomplishment. If anything, Dallas is getting to pad its win total every year by having so many easy games automatically tacked on the schedule.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Right now Dak has two major advantages:

-No Garrett/MM
-A hell of a defense.

Granted its only really been a year on the advantages.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
So besides the superbowl winning Eagles that one year, what NFC East Teams were great since Dak Has been quarterback? Romo had the McNabb led Eagles when Andy Reid was still there to deal with and the some great New York Giants teams play in the East that took down Brady twice. As for the Dak Crushing, what the whole point of trying to throw Romo under the bus, if it is not to prop up your crush?

In 2012 and 2013, the Giants were down. Reid was 4-12 in 2012 and there was no Reid in 2013. Romo still couldn't win the division. Dak blew the division once in 2019. Romo was here longer for sure, but he gets called out for not winning the division a few times as Dak does as well. If you say Romo's defenses were terrible in 2012 and 2013..... our defense was bad in 2019 and 2020 as well. If you claim the defense were actually good in 2019..... the Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, and Minnesota games say otherwise. I'm not throwing Romo under the bus. I'm giving a fair evaluation.

Last edited:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Just remember (like the Falcons) this was the Football Team. Not Green Bay or Tampa Bay. Wanna make a statement? They can make a REAL one against the Cardinals.

Fair enough kramskoi, I have reflected on the same thing. I don't know if they will put 56 points on the Cards but if they outperform the Cards convincingly and win then hope doesn't even half to spring eternal.