Dak and Romo equal division titles

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
There might have been a slight difference in difficulty. Let's compare how the rest of the division performed in a comparable time frame.

2006-2011

PHI: 56-39-1
NYG: 57-39
WAS: 37-59

2016-2021

PHI: 49-44-1
NYG: 33-61
WAS: 38-55-1
Actually Dak's record against the NFC East is the difference...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
In 2012 and 2013, the Giants were down. Reid was 4-12 in 2012 and there was no Reid in 2013. Romo still couldn't win the division. Dak blew the division once in 2019. Romo was here longer for sure, but he gets called out for not winning the division a few times as Dak does as well. If you say Romo's defenses were terrible in 2012 and 2013..... our defense was bad in 2019 and 2020 as well. If you claim the defense were actually good in 2019..... the Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, and Minnesota games say otherwise. I'm not throwing Romo under the bus. I'm giving a fair evaluation.

Like I said you are here to throw a former Dallas Cowboys Quarterback under the bus to prob up the current one. There was a lot more competition when Romo played starting in 2007. You never mentioned which NFC East Team was good besides the Eagles one that won the superbowl when Dak was here, What Quarterbacks in the NFC East have a good rep since Dak Played here. Eli and McNabb > Wentz in competition. It's a completely different situation that Dak is in than Romo was, and you want us to compare. Why? To Prop?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So what's the point of starting a thread to throw a former Player under the bus, especially since he is not here anymore. Seems like a hater thread to me.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Like I said you are here to throw a former Dallas Cowboys Quarterback under the bus to prob up the current one. There was a lot more competition when Romo played starting in 2007. You never mentioned which NFC East Team was good besides the Eagles one that won the superbowl when Dak was here, What Quarterbacks in the NFC East have a good rep since Dak Played here. Eli and McNabb > Wentz in competition. It's a completely different situation that Dak is in than Romo was, and you want us to compare. Why? To Prop?

See that your opinion. How about a bit of perspective here?

Romo guys are king in throwing Dak under the bus. They throw Eli under the bus too. In the case of Eli I get because he plays for a rival team, but they legitimately throw their own guy (Dak) under the bus countless times. I don't know where you think I'm throwing Romo under the bus just because I started a thread pointing out they have equal division titles. Also, according to most of the Romo guys, Wentz is a far superior Quarterback than Eli or McNabb so there goes that. That's their mouths talking, not mine. They legitimately were comparing Wentz to Dak just a day ago. They were all over Wentz for one good game against the Cardinals and tried to use that to resurrect the Dak vs Wentz debate again.

Romo lost the division to RGIII in 2012. Went 1-3 against 8-8 / 7-9 teams in a super weak NFC North in 2013. That's a fact. It's not hate. Dak lost the division once in 2019. For sure he deserves flack for that. He's gotten more than enough for it.

Yes I get McNabb and Eli. I'm not saying Romo didn't for the most part do his job from 2006-2009. McNabb was gone after that. And Eli is up and down. He was formidable from 2007-2011. But in 2012-2013, it should've been Romo seizing control of the East in the absence of Reid and McNabb with Eli headed the wrong way until 2016. He didn't win either years. Keep in mind, Dak took the division from the Giants in 2016 - they were more than good enough and beat us twice in the year. We just beat everyone else so those 2 games against the Giants didn't matter. In 2018, Wentz was coming off a major slobberfest in the offseason with everyone including most Cowboys fans laughing at the thought that Dak could beat him twice in 2018.... and guess what..... it was Dak who went 2-0 against the guy everyone thought was far better. So yeah.... there goes that argument concerning how strong the division was lol.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
See that your opinion. How about a bit of perspective here?

Romo guys are king in throwing Dak under the bus. They throw Eli under the bus too. In the case of Eli I get because he plays for a rival team, but they legitimately throw their own guy (Dak) under the bus countless times. I don't know where you think I'm throwing Romo under the bus just because I started a thread pointing out they have equal division titles. Also, according to most of the Romo guys, Wentz is a far superior Quarterback than Eli or McNabb so there goes that. That's their mouths talking, not mine. They legitimately were comparing Wentz to Dak just a day ago. They were all over Wentz for one good game against the Cardinals and tried to use that to resurrect the Dak vs Wentz debate again.

Romo lost the division to RGIII in 2012. Went 1-3 against 8-8 / 7-9 teams in a super weak NFC North in 2013. That's a fact. It's not hate. Dak lost the division once in 2019. For sure he deserves flack for that. He's gotten more than enough for it.

Yes I get McNabb and Eli. I'm not saying Romo didn't for the most part do his job from 2006-2009. McNabb was gone after that. And Eli is up and down. He was formidable from 2007-2011. But in 2012-2013, it should've been Romo seizing control of the East in the absence of Reid and McNabb with Eli headed the wrong way until 2016. He didn't win either years. Keep in mind, Dak took the division from the Giants in 2016 - they were more than good enough and beat us twice in the year. We just beat everyone else so those 2 games against the Giants didn't matter. In 2018, Wentz was coming off a major slobberfest in the offseason with everyone including most Cowboys fans laughing at the thought that Dak could beat him twice in 2018.... and guess what..... it was Dak who went 2-0 against the guy everyone thought was far better. So yeah.... there goes that argument concerning how strong the division was lol.

Romo and Dak are on the same tier, good quarterbacks, both not elite. And you think this is the first time someone done a compare Romo and Dak thread around here? this is the standard trash one quarterback to prop up your favorite quarterback thread. When RGIII first came on the scene and pre injury he was a legit threat. He got injured twice, with an injury that people usually don't come back from and lost the thing that made him dangerous. Also what you fail to mention is the quality of teams Romo had after his said competition declined? We have people here this year whine about the Offensive line, all the while we don't see Dak running for his life. Dak has never played with teams as bad as which Romo had to play with. The Offensive line has been either The Best or decent enough. It is a completely different situation that he is. Dak has escaped the Garrett curse, romo only had good coaches at the beginning of his run. I really don't see how you can compare. And you still haven't mentioned what good NFC East Teams Dak had to deal with besides the super bowl winning eagles team. The closest thing you came up with is mentioning 2018 and a Wentz slobberfest in the offseason. I've never been a Wentz slobberer. I thought that Dak was going to be way better than he is now back in the 2016 and I thought so would Wentz but I always thought and was happy with Dak being better. I thought that Dak would Surpass Romo but they are both actually on the same tier, good to great quarterbacks but definitely neither has achieved eliteness. But come on, what is the point of this kind of threat, especially if it is not original, if not to say oh look Dak is better at the expense of Romo. We see the Dak Homers on this board always throw other players under the bus, be it Romo, the entire offensive line, Zeke, everyone of the receivers, and even legends like Troy Aikman. We've lucky that we have drafted Romo and Dak, but not as lucky as San Fran who had Montana followed by Steve Young, or Greenbay who had Brett and the Rodgers. The reality is we have had two good quarterbacks in a row who have shown that they are good but have yet to prove themselves by achieving eliteness. No need to diss one to prop the other lile the homers like to do. I'm with the people who wonder why people can't like both and the haters have to put down Dak while praising Romo or the Homers have to throw every single cowboy there is under the bus, thinking that it will make Dak look good and then the haters will start liking him. This thread is what it is, another throw Romo under the bus to prop up dak thread, and its not like it is original and there haven't been similar threads in the past.