Dak and the elephant in the room

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ive seen a few, but that was a rough catch to maintain, would have gone down in highlight catches if he could have held on.
Im glad Brown walked off after that.
That was my first thought as well. Not only was he okay, but he got up trying to reach the ball.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Most important, being mediocre but demanding a salary more than the elite.
Jerry is weak.

Let’s get this out of the way first:

1. I’m pro Dak
2. He is better than Rush
3. I’m not suggesting Rush should start over Dak
4. I hope we win a super bowl with Dak.

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

1. Dak starts off horribly slow.
2. Dak killed several drives today that were totally ON DAK.
3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
4. He struggled with the 32nd ranked defense.
5. Something is wrong with Dak in terms of seeing/processing the field.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
7. Dak doesn’t elevate the team. Dak doesn’t elevate the team.
8. The WRs are getting plenty open, Dak just doesn’t see them.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That was my first thought as well. Not only was he okay, but he got up trying to reach the ball.
Brown knows how he always going to get stuck with the dirty stuff.
I just want the day to come where he can celebrate an easy play for once, an unobstructed 80 yard reception for 6.
Brown has earned some highlights.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Dak had rust to knock off and it's the NFL. Teams coming off of a bye with a head coach that they like are not going to come out and just lay down.

Lions played some of their best football..which is what happens when you have a coach they love to play for.
Dak looked shaky early on. I still think Tolbert and Simi should see the field more. They definitely need to trade for an WR.
Can't believe i'm saying this but as of now I rather have Noah Brown on the Field than Gallup until he heals.

People need to realize yeah holding an offense to low points matter, but so does time of possession. The Noah Brown fumble sort of stopped us from blowing the game open. I don't blame him for fumbling.I would never be mad at someone for fumbling if it meant their neck won't be broken.

GINeric

Reaction score
When you pound your chest I can hear it from here, just like to hear it sometimes.

Can't really say im pounding my chest. We beat the Lions bro, because we were supposed to.

Im just clowning the fake *** fans who cheer against their own players. Just think about that for a minute.... thats the dumbest **** in the world to do. But there's losers in the world that do it every week.

McMicah

Reaction score
How did Dak kill drives? Not his fault they couldn't convert third and shorts on the ground.

Someone might have already said this but first drive he sailed a high pass to a wide open Ferguson(?) that would’ve been at least 25 yard but instead, punt. Then he took sack that put them out of field goal range later. Those are the two that had my head in my hands, but I know there were some triple coverage throws on third as well

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
Dak has one major flaw, which causes his other issues. He can't process defenses fast enough. This leads him to take safe short throws. There are plenty of open receivers and big plays left on the field because of Daks inability and unwillingness to throw more than 7 yards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, took a terrible team and turned them into a contender within a year. You have to be much older than Burrow to remember such a good season for the Cowboys as the Bengals had last year.
I remember when that one rookie took over a 4 win team and had them turn into a 12 win team. Good times.

pete026

Reaction score
I still have no clue what you’re talking about
I'd make a joke but not worth it. Long trail:

Poster 1: Dak is below average.
Poster 2: Show me a coach, player etc. that said Dak is below average. Challenges with posting privileges.
Poster 3: Posts Canty article where he says Dak is overrated.
You basically said: Poster 2 won't be around here for awhile or something to that extent.
I said: Obviously you didn't read the article.

Overrated is not "below average".

Vandyr

Reaction score
I'd make a joke but not worth it. Long trail:

Poster 1: Dak is below average.
Poster 2: Show me a coach, player etc. that said Dak is below average. Challenges with posting privileges.
Poster 3: Posts Canty article where he says Dak is overrated.
You basically said: Poster 2 won't be around here for awhile or something to that extent.
I said: Obviously you didn't read the article.

Overrated is not "below average".
Lol well you quoted the complete wrong post, so no wonder I didn’t know what you were talking about

Cas2800

Reaction score
Dak either doesn't see the field well OR he lacks confidence. He holds on to the ball too long. Drop back and let it fly!

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak isn’t worth the money, but we're not bad enough to draft a great, young QB and Stephen is too tight to try to acquire one via trade.

So I think we’ll just have to tolerate Dak’s glaring deficiencies and pray he can hit a hot streak come playoff time one of these years.

Defense keeps playing like this, it shouldn't take them much to make a descent playoff run.
But, the Cowboys overpaid so much for Dak it isn't even funny when you think about it.

Basically just paying Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers type money for someone, when we could have paid half as much for someone else with the same results.
People thinking Dak would have beat the Eagles last week are dreaming.

That being said... if the defense keeps playing like it has, there really is no excuse to not make it deep into the playoffs. The defense makes it so if you can score 17 to 24 points you should win.

If you can't score that... just retire lol.

Dallas just overpays for production all the time.

I just hope Quinn stays here. The man has completely changed the way this defense plays.

Doesn't hurt that we seem to have a couple elite people on the Defense, and a lot of good and very good, that for once know their jobs.