Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

kskboys

Reaction score
Who’s not dealing honestly and fairly in good faith? Is anyone holding a gun to Jerry’s head or kidnapped a loved one?
Dak. He's by far not the best QB in the game, but wants to be paid the most. That's bad faith and dishonest both.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak. He's by far not the best QB in the game, but wants to be paid the most. That's bad faith and dishonest both.
I agree he’s not worth that. But he’s within his rights to ask for it. Nobody has paid that yet. It’s just a beginning point. That’s all part of the negotiations.

If he doesn’t come off that enough...Let him go then. Draft a QB next year to give yourself more leverage and options.

Sounds like you’re afraid Jerry will pay it?

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree he’s not worth that. But he’s within his rights to ask for it. Nobody has paid that yet. It’s just a beginning point. That’s all part of the negotiations.

If he doesn’t come off that enough...Let him go then.
It's not about rights. Dak has the right to ask for 100 mil.

We were talking about fairness and honesty. What he's asking is neither. Having the right to do it is irrelevant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not about rights. Dak has the right to ask for 100 mil.

We were talking about fairness and honesty. What he's asking is neither. Having the right to do it is irrelevant.
Of course it’s relevant. We’ve built him up . Jerry’s Big frikin mouth has . Stephen has. The fans. Media. He’s testing the market. I don’t blame him.

It’s up to us to decide if it’s fair. If we decide it’s not . We walk away. Seems simple to me.

lockster

Reaction score
These owners today aren't taking any financial risk. The CBA guaranteed they made profit. That's why Jones is in the hall of fame. A thank you to him for making every owner rich beyond their wildest dreams. The only owners taking risk were the old owners. Like the one that sold the cowboys to Jones. That's why it takes like two seconds to sell an NFL franchise on the market today. Then the ones like Jones that are driven even more by money, figure out how to make even more. Money has ruined most sports, and that's why I watch sports less every year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These owners today aren't taking any financial risk. The CBA guaranteed they made profit. That's why Jones is in the hall of fame. A thank you to him for making every owner rich beyond their wildest dreams. The only owners taking risk were the old owners. Like the one that sold the cowboys to Jones. That's why it takes like two seconds to sell an NFL franchise on the market today. Then the ones like Jones that are driven even more by money, figure out how to make even more. Money has ruined most sports, and that's why I watch sports less every year.
Yep..It is what it is. Sports Entertainment at the highest level. Purist of the game are dinosaurs. Lol

Winning hasn’t been a priority in Dallas for a couple decades.

The NFL hasn’t been driven by winning for a long time.

Pick some players and start a fantasy team. Lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Diehardblues said:
Who’s not dealing honestly and fairly in good faith? Is anyone holding a gun to Jerry’s head or kidnapped a loved one?

Exactly. I like Dak, but if the numbers floated are anywhere near true, Dak's got his head in the clouds. Dak's not basing his idea of value on his own performance, he's basing it on how much someone else in the league is getting paid.
And Zeke is demanding a fortune and he's demanding to bust a contract 2 years early to get it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Diehardblues said:

Exactly. I like Dak, but if the numbers floated are anywhere near true, Dak's got his head in the clouds. Dak's not basing his idea of value on his own performance, he's basing it on how much someone else in the league is getting paid.
And Zeke is demanding a fortune and he's demanding to bust a contract 2 years early to get it.
Let them both walk . Then what. You saved money and don’t have a team. Lol

That’s decisions you have to make. Welcome to the NFL. What are you going to do?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
These guys and their monster contracts, it reminds me of when my kids were little. Everything was unfair based on what somebody else got.
At the breakfast table it was like "No fair! He got more cereal than I got! So you give more cereal to kid 1 and then kid 2 is "hey no fair! He got more than I did! Then when they got done, they didn't even eat all of it, but it was UNFAIR!!!

That's what these players sound like, except it's about these monster contracts. They're always worried about what someone else is paid, like a bunch of little kids.
Doesn't matter that you signed a contract promising you would deliver X amount of work for X amount of money, all that matters is "No fair! He got more cereal than me!"

Johnny23

Reaction score
It's more popular than ever because it was never popular to begin with. It's regular season ratings are beaten by EPL soccer.

A league should not be run by the players, and these recent moves are the beginning of the end of the league.

Do people watch Carolina versus Green Bay in the NFL? Do they watch New Orleans versus Atlanta? Do they watch Cleveland versus Washington?

You bet they do. In droves. It dominates the ratings. Huge viewership despite the smaller markets.

Now, do people watch Charlotte versus Milwaukee in the NBA? Do they watch New Orleans versus Atlanta? Do they watch Cleveland versus Washington?

No. QVC and PBS get better ratings.

The NBA is second-rate garbage.
Total BS. Magic Johnson Michael Jordan, and Larry Bird say hello. The issue with the NBA is that they don't have transcendent players on thay level abd the cat is out of the bag LeBron and Kobe weren't those guys. Shaq's about the closest thing they've had.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Neither do dumb & dumber in the front office. If they did, Garrett would have gotten the boot a long time ago.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

That is what I tell folks all the time...…...if Jerry and his idiot boy actually cared about winning another ring, Garrett would not be here.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Amazing that one can be happy without greed isn't it?

In Zeke's case, he thinks its a matter of fairness, not greed. He is hands down the best RB in the NFL and virtually everybody agrees, so he looks around and sees other RBs making more than him and he thinks it is not fair. If he is the best RB in the NFL, then he should be the highest paid RB in the NFL.

In Dak's case, I cant really defend him asking for $35 or $40 or whatever he thinks he should get. In no way shape or form is Dak the best QB in the NFL, but he wants to be paid like he is. Unfortunately, that looks like greed to me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is fantasy. The only way a player will take less for this reason is if they truly believe they get more endorsements and more money by taking less.

You are correct, but there is an exception. Only player in the entire league that I have seen that consistently takes less than market so the team can remain championship caliber. the GOAT!!!

TomBrady.jpg

birdwells1

Reaction score
That philosophy is not only self centered, it's short sighted. A football team is not a one man team. If a QB, a WR and RB succeed in hogging well beyond their reasonable share of the salary cap, what happens when the quality of the OL deteriorates because the team is over paying those 3 self centered divas, and the QB starts spending more time on his back than on his feet, and maybe suffers serious injury and can't play anymore?
The team suffers, the fans suffer, and so do the three divas who thought nobody mattered but them.

You're talking about a salary cap that the OWNERS instituted, let them worry about how they're going to fit their play makers under it. Zeke is not a capologist so why should he worry more than Martin, Frederick did when they signed their deals? I don't recall the words hogging, self centered and diva being thrown around when they sign to be the highest paid at their positions.

"The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Martin was set to enter the final year of contract (base salary of $9.3 million) and had skipped the voluntary organized team activities". - NFL.COM

" It didn’t take long for Travis Frederick and the Cowboys to come to terms on a deal that will make Frederick the highest-paid center in the NFL"- DMN.

birdwells1

Reaction score
It use to be a sport before money became the God both sides worshipped. The patriots know how to do both things at once with the help of a very smart QB, that knows the value of winning superbowl. Brady could easily be a billionaire in no time at all after football is over just from appearances, autographs, etc.

Who is Brady married to again? Must be nice when you have the disposable income in the family? Don't give him too much credit, if he had a wife than was a stay at home mom he wouldn't be taking anything less than what he's worth.

lockster

Reaction score
Who is Brady married to again? Must be nice when you have the disposable income in the family? Don't give him too much credit, if he had a wife than was a stay at home mom he wouldn't be taking anything less than what he's worth.
How do you know this? Are you a mind reader? You talk to Brady? You his agent? Do you know when he started working with the team on his contract? Sounds like bias speculation on Ur part to me.