Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

superonyx

Reaction score
You are correct, but there is an exception. Only player in the entire league that I have seen that consistently takes less than market so the team can remain championship caliber. the GOAT!!!

TomBrady.jpg
He is an interesting case for sure.
It helps that he and his wife have an estimated net worth of over $600 Million. Her money train seems never ending.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

That is what I tell folks all the time...…...if Jerry and his idiot boy actually cared about winning another ring, Garrett would not be here.
Yep

We are handicapped with our ownerships intent to run football operations. Its amazing we’re as competitive as we are. We are a talent dependent franchise. The more we have the more competitive we are..

Trying to manage our Cap and team isn’t comparable to other teams. They have structures with mgmt in place and hold them accountable. They might not have more success than we do at times but at least will continue to bring in the most qualified candidates and empower them to succeed.

Jerry wants to win but only his way. He tried having a great HC but didn’t appreciate winning back to back championships because he didn’t receive the credit he was pursuing. The Cowboys are his fantasy team. Not room in Big D for a bigger ego than his.

The best support we can provide Jerry is a puppet HC who can influence his football decisions and try to hold the team together thru all of the distractions his mgmt style presents.

Garretts coaching weaknesses are fairly obvious but despite them he’s helped cultivate a better culture in recent years. This is why I’ve been supportive of him. If I thought Jerry would bring in another legit and proven HC and stay out of the way I’d boot him to the curb yesterday.

I think Jerry recognizes and why he gets attached to the talent but it also supports Jerry’s greatest obstacle to the team in the conflict of interest wearing both hats presents as his eternal optimism as owner generating revenue often conflicts with making the tough football decisions.

Dak and Zeke represent more to the Cowboys label than just their football contributions. They have provided a fan base hope and sells jerseys. This is where Jerry is most conflicted and why wearing all hats is not healthy for football operations.

Plus Jerry wants to prove he was right about Dak. Letting go of his best crutch isn’t going to help prop him up. Nothing would look worse than opening up the checkbook and then look like chump change.

It’s why I believe Jerry will sign both. I’m not saying it’s the best football decision but it’s what suits Jerry’s ways the most.

Last edited:

birdwells1

Reaction score
How do you know this? Are you a mind reader? You talk to Brady? You his agent? Do you know when he started working with the team on his contract? Sounds like bias speculation on Ur part to me.

Name another qb that took substantially less money?
Now name the other qb who's wife makes more than him?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

lockster

Reaction score
Brady doesn't need her money, never will unless he starts hanging out with the Dallas cowboys defensive line outside football. Why does a multimillionaire, need anyone's money. Rofl. That's like saying Onassis depends on Jacklyn Kennedy or vice versa. A person can operate On 100 million as easy as 300 million. . jsmh. Brady has said why he does this. This is a thought through process, and it will repay itself many times over financially. Tom is just straight out smarter than most other qbs , especially Dak.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's a straw man argument,. The players went along with it to get more money. Both sides are at fault for this situation, because both sides agreed from the desire of more money=. Greed! That's the problem with most of society. Lust, power, greed.

You should probably learn the meaning of straw man argument before attempting to use it in a sentence.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Imagine the same scenario except it was Saquan Barkley sitting out instead of Zeke.

The homerfied contingent of our fanbase would not stop heeeehawwwing about what a selfish player Barkley is and what a team player Zeke was.

lockster

Reaction score
You should probably learn the meaning of straw man argument before attempting to use it in a sentence.
I see U weren't brave enough to try, why don't you go look it up on wiki so you understand what it means, or I will explain it to you if you wish. In short , using a false scenario to strike down a view or argument. You argument wasn't a true argument based on missing information, which made it fallacious.

IceBowler

Reaction score
i dont think dak has them over a barrel.
his pay is $2m this year.
then there is 2 years of franchise tag or more.
if he fails, his worth goes down.
cowboys can draft qbs high which they should

No, I agree with you 100%. I said Zeke "thinks" he's got em over a barrel .. he doesn't. Anyone who believes these guys own NFL teams for a living has got another thing coming.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep

We are handicapped with our ownerships intent to run football operations. Its amazing we’re as competitive as we are. We are a talent dependent franchise. The more we have the more competitive we are..

Trying to manage our Cap and team isn’t comparable to other teams. They have structures with mgmt in place and hold them accountable. They might not have more success than we do at times but at least will continue to bring in the most qualified candidates and empower them to succeed.

Jerry wants to win but only his way. He tried having a great HC but didn’t appreciate winning back to back championships because he didn’t receive the credit he was pursuing. The Cowboys are his fantasy team. Not room in Big D for a bigger ego than his.

The best support we can provide Jerry is a puppet HC who can influence his football decisions and try to hold the team together thru all of the distractions his mgmt style presents.

Garretts coaching weaknesses are fairly obvious but despite them he’s helped cultivate a better culture in recent years. This is why I’ve been supportive of him. If I thought Jerry would bring in another legit and proven HC and stay out of the way I’d boot him to the curb yesterday.

I think Jerry recognizes and why he gets attached to the talent but it also supports Jerry’s greatest obstacle to the team in the conflict of interest wearing both hats presents as his eternal optimism as owner generating revenue often conflicts with making the tough football decisions.

Dak and Zeke represent more to the Cowboys label than just their football contributions. They have provided a fan base hope and sells jerseys. This is where Jerry is most conflicted and why wearing all hats is not healthy for football operations.

Plus Jerry wants to prove he was right about Dak. Letting go of his best crutch isn’t going to help prop him up. Nothing would look worse than opening up the checkbook and then look like chump change.

It’s why I believe Jerry will sign both. I’m not saying it’s the best football decision but it’s what suits Jerry’s ways the most.
Excellent analysis my friend, you are spot on.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m just presenting a perspective most fans don’t want to consider. The best interest of the players which doesn’t always include being on winning teams.

What you're calling "best interest of the players" is based on short term rewards and greed. Tom Brady's 6 Super Bowl titles is a good example of the long term being the better investment. In more ways than one.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let them both walk . Then what. You saved money and don’t have a team. Lol

That’s decisions you have to make. Welcome to the NFL. What are you going to do?

So pay 'em whatever they want and you won't have a team much longer because you can't pay everybody top money and you know that as wel as I do. If you let 'em walk at least you'll have the money to replace 'em.

kskboys

Reaction score
These guys and their monster contracts, it reminds me of when my kids were little. Everything was unfair based on what somebody else got.
At the breakfast table it was like "No fair! He got more cereal than I got! So you give more cereal to kid 1 and then kid 2 is "hey no fair! He got more than I did! Then when they got done, they didn't even eat all of it, but it was UNFAIR!!!

That's what these players sound like, except it's about these monster contracts. They're always worried about what someone else is paid, like a bunch of little kids.
Doesn't matter that you signed a contract promising you would deliver X amount of work for X amount of money, all that matters is "No fair! He got more cereal than me!"
They seriously do sound like a bunch of kids.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'd get the most money I could as well. It's not my job to worry about the salary cap.

Apparently you've never worked for a union. Generally unions to not entertain the philosophy of every man for himself......grab everything you can get at the expense of your union brothers. But that's what you're promoting and defending.

"It's not my job to worry about the salary cap" while technically true, is a lame excuse for short term, self centered greed at the expense of the team and your team mates.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The idea of limiting the high dollar positions to a given percentage of the salary cap is a brilliant idea. Don't remember who posted that idea earlier, but I definitely support it. That would solve a lot of problems.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you're calling "best interest of the players" is based on short term rewards and greed. Tom Brady's 6 Super Bowl titles is a good example of the long term being the better investment. In more ways than one.
And that’s really the only example. Bilichick most likely trades or releases Brady this late in his career if he doesn’t take less. Regardless it’s a lone example not the rule.

Most players leave great teams for lesser teams because of more money.

Winning is not really the priority. It’s maximizing your earnings. Nobody calls the owners greedy when they dump players. No, I think fans are giving the players an unfair shake here. Of course they’re going to look out for their own self interest.