Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I have no problem with dak trying to get his money. That being said at least be reasonable.

The guy has never won and mvp... never been to a sb. I mean cmon. It’s a little self centered to want the most money of any qb in football when you haven’t really accomplished much.

And a million times I see the wentz comparison on here. I’m not saying wentz is better at this point. But before he got hurt went was going to be the league mvp. Also he’s the one that put that team in position to win the sb.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have no problem with dak trying to get his money. That being said at least be reasonable.

The guy has never won and mvp... never been to a sb. I mean cmon. It’s a little self centered to want the most money of any qb in football when you haven’t really accomplished much.

And a million times I see the wentz comparison on here. I’m not saying wentz is better at this point. But before he got hurt went was going to be the league mvp. Also he’s the one that put that team in position to win the sb.
It’s not up to Dak to be reasonable. It’s up to our powers that be to make sound judgements.

You must always be willing to walk away. If not , you have no leverage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This might be a blessing in disguise if Dak wants too much. Let him go after this season. He’s not elite talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
You’d rather make 10 million a year less if you thought it helps you win a Super Bowl? Even if you know there was no guarantees and your career could end on the next play?

I think fans are placing winning championships above tens of millions. It’s laughable.
Absolutely. I'd instruct my agent to negotiate a contract for less overall money, but more guaranteed.

Let's just say I'm Dak. I'd aim for more of a 6 year 150mil deal, or thereabouts, w/ the majority of it guaranteed. I'd trade this silly idea of "I want more than Jimmy" for more guaranteed in a heartbeat. And yes, I do believe the org would bit.

And that amount, Greg is more than enough. I'm simply not greedy. Don't forget, either way I'm rich. We're not talking about the difference between 50 grand a year and 200 grand a year. This is an I'm rich no matter what, might as well win.

I'm actually shocked at how many people would rather have more money and be miserable. That makes zero sense to me.

kskboys

Reaction score
And owners are here to make money.
Winning just makes it more fun.

Fans get so caught up with winning they lose sight of the business aspect of the NFL.

Making money comes first for all.. but the fans.
Lose sight? Why would I care in the first place about the business aspect? That actually makes no sense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolutely. I'd instruct my agent to negotiate a contract for less overall money, but more guaranteed.

Let's just say I'm Dak. I'd aim for more of a 6 year 150mil deal, or thereabouts, w/ the majority of it guaranteed. I'd trade this silly idea of "I want more than Jimmy" for more guaranteed in a heartbeat. And yes, I do believe the org would bit.

And that amount, Greg is more than enough. I'm simply not greedy. Don't forget, either way I'm rich. We're not talking about the difference between 50 grand a year and 200 grand a year. This is an I'm rich no matter what, might as well win.

I'm actually shocked at how many people would rather have more money and be miserable. That makes zero sense to me.
In not sure where the miserable comes in? I really don’t believe players are willing to take less money to increase their chances of winning. Totally ridiculous.

Playing in the NFL is winning. Team goals are just that.

kskboys

Reaction score
It hasn’t been since the 60’s. Once the merger and TV deal in 1970 the league became more than a part time job with athletes playing for chump change.

My uncle in 1962 turned down a $10,000 a year contract and $1,000 signing bonus to play for Lombardi and World Champion Packers cause he couldn’t afford to move his family to Green Bay.
A local resident who is also a good friend of mine turned down an offer from an NFL team because: GET THIS: Teaching paid more!!!!! Would've been in the 50's or 60's.

kskboys

Reaction score
In not sure where the miserable comes in? I really don’t believe players are willing to take less money to increase their chances of winning. Totally ridiculous.

Playing in the NFL is winning. Team goals are just that.
I think insisting on maxed out contracts is even more ridiculous.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think insisting on maxed out contracts is even more ridiculous.
I’m not encouraging insisting. I’m just advocating setting your sites high. Leaves room for negotiating.

It’s up to the owners or FO to make a deal that works for them. There’s usually a place in the middle.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well the owners are making tons of money off what the players do on the field.

That's a terrible argument. All business are out there to make money and they do it on the backs of their employees. It is the owners that took the risk either starting the team or buying the team. Until the owners pay off their loans or have recouped the money they spent on the team, they actually aren't making as much money as many think. There are several things that come out of their portion of the pie. All the coaches, scouts medical personnel. There's the offices, all of the administrative salaries, any expense they have for the stadiums, the flights and hotel rooms on away games, training camp and the list just keeps going on. The owners have a lot of cost the eat up large amounts of what they make from owning the teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not encouraging insisting. I’m just advocating setting your sites high. Leaves room for negotiating.

It’s up to the owners or FO to make a deal that works for them. There’s usually a place in the middle.
The players aren't shooting for a place in the middle. They're going for max. You pay all three top dollar deals, and we can kiss the super bowl goodbye.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The players aren't shooting for a place in the middle. They're going for max. You pay all three top dollar deals, and we can kiss the super bowl goodbye.
Those are the tough decisions ownership needs to make not the players. If we can’t or won’t pay it then they’d rather show their wares somewhere else. I have no problem with that. That’s the nature of this business.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not what I’m saying.

I’m saying you got nothing without using Brady as your lone example.

I've got nothing? You're mistaken diehard. In business negotiations, to negotiate in good faith means to deal honestly and fairly with one another.
Don't need examples, the terms "honestly, fairly, and good faith" speak for themselves.
If that's what you call "nothing", then like I said earlier I'm glad you and I have never done business before.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m just presenting a perspective most fans don’t want to consider. The best interest of the players which doesn’t always include being on winning teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've got nothing? You're mistaken diehard. In business negotiations, to negotiate in good faith means to deal honestly and fairly with one another.
Don't need examples, the terms "honestly, fairly, and good faith" speak for themselves.
If that's what you call "nothing", then like I said earlier I'm glad you and I have never done business before.
Who’s not dealing honestly and fairly in good faith? Is anyone holding a gun to Jerry’s head or kidnapped a loved one?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we don’t want to negotiate a deal then let them walk. Everyone has a choice.