Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

waldoputty

Reaction score
They don't know the feeling of being a successful playoff team.

And if I am one of these players, the first thing I look at about this championship talk is who they kept as the HC, DC and the OC they gave him. What are the odds of a first time OC taking the 22nd ranked offense to the Big Dance? Give me the money.

so the front office needs to:
1. let zeke sit until game 11 because a contender will get into the player without zeke
2. dont extend dak and give him extensions until they decide he is worth it
3. draft rb and qb 1st and 2nd this year

Reaction score
Most players dont care about winning a championship. Its about the money.
For the fans, it's about championships. For the players, it's about generational wealth. Championships are way down the list.

I think we would all be shocked about how many NFLer's actually don't like playing at all. They do it just for the money. It's not like David Irving was the only one.

waldoputty

Reaction score
But are they willing to do what WAS allowed Gruden to do when he wasn't sold on Cousins?

They can only use two tags and the one for this year is <25M, so that is not likely to jump to 32M next season.

I was an advocate of this at first and then reversed when I realized who's picking the QB if they don't keep him? This brain trust has depended on luck to get QB1's, not skill.

This is truly the textbook case of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush with this team. I don't think many really think about how much worse this could be if they hadn't had Payton on staff or if they'd successfully pulled off that trade to pick Lynch or taken Cook. Of course, we don't know the situation with Romo then.

I do like the idea of tagging him though because he has control over whether they keep him as well as where they pick.

that is because you may think the cap will jump next cba
i actually think the cap may stay about the same given tv revenues

AbeBeta

Reaction score
none of us know that.
i dont see why the cap would skyrocket given tv ratings are down (i think).

Umm, because every damn year the cap rises?

Since the implementation of the cap in 1994 we've gone from 35 mill to 188 mill. Beginning in 2013, we've seen increases of 10 mill a year every single year.

The TV contacts won't expire for another two years. When they do, networks will be falling over themselves to bid on those deal. Look no further than Fox's TH night contacts - even at a time when ratings were falling Fox's bid still involved a 33% increase over the previous contract. For TH night football ... which rarely gets good games.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.

It’s their career first. I’m sure you haven’t taken a pay cut at your job hoping the company succeeds more bc of it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The NBA is a pathetic league that almost nobody watches at all until the playoffs start.

And even their playoff games draw less viewership than a random Monday night game in the NFL.

The NFL is about the league and the teams. The NBA is about 8-10 players alone. It's trash.
Except the NBA is more popular than ever lol. Its making more money then ever. The players run that league which is how it should be. NBA offseason took over sports. People talked more about the NBA offseason than MLB.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.

oh lord. this again?
you would do the same thing if it were you. it's easy to say you wouldn't from your position, eating cheetos on the couch...but, you more than like would if in the actual spot these guys are in...like 95% of players do.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Except the NBA is more popular than ever lol. Its making more money then ever. The players run that league which is how it should be. NBA offseason took over sports. People talked more about the NBA offseason than MLB.

LOL at someone saying no one watches the NBA until the playoffs. it's SOARING in popularity right now..for many reasons.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You play to win the game. You win the game with players and play makers.

So who is in charge of the Dallas Cowboys players, play makers, jocks and socks.

Did Jerry want to win a championship when did not want to pay Demarcus Ware, Demarco Murray, Emmitt Smith, Darrin Smith, Martellus Bennett, etc.

If Dak Prescott did not want a championship, he would not be playing on his 4th round rookie deal at OTAs, in training camp, and planing to win. He would with Zeke in Cabo along with Cooper. Zeke plays a position that has been devalued since the Emmitt Smith days. Zeke also knows what Jerry did to Demarco Murray after he thought Dallas used him up. So it has nothing to do with players who play to win the game. Who said he was in charge of Jocks and Socks?

Jerry could have given upfront guarantee money and extensions to Dak and Zeke after the 2017 season. He chose Sean Lee, Cole Beasley, Crawford, and others on the OL. He gamble that Jason Garrett could coach this team to a Super Bowl before their rookie deals came home to roost. So blame the man that has the money, power, and control. Jason Garrett blew it in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and counting. Jerry Jones is responsible for coaches, and the GM of jocks and socks as he eloquently stated in February 1989.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I hope Stephen Jones is behind the scenes saying, "Dak wants too much money. We have to let him walk and draft a QB." The situation is similar to the Demarco Murray one, granted RBs are easier to replace. 40 mil or even 30 mil is simply way too much for a slightly above average QB. We have other skilled positions we have to pay. I know there's no guarantee that a drafted QB pans out, but Dak + scrubs is a guarantee we can't win a championship. Might as well take a calculated risk with a first-round draft pick.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree on Zeke.

What are arguing over with him? It's either $13 million a year or $16 million a year. He already makes $9 million a year.

We're haggling over a measly $3 million with Zeke. We're haggling over $31 million with Dak.

They need to get Zeke done, which I am certain they will. He's the best player on the team.
I think that Martin is the best player on the team and they made him the top G when they did his deal. The question is do they feel Elliott is the best RB and how necessary is he to the success of this offense and a brand new OC?

Of the 3 players, which position is the easiest to replace but the $ have to be considered. 40M for Prescott makes 15M for Elliott look like a hell of a deal and 17M for Cooper as well because I believe both of those players are better than Prescott as their position and are going to continue to get better.

If Prescott is really asking for 40M, that's not money talking, that's ego and he might think he's better than Wentz but he couldn't carry Wilson's jockstrap. But he's looking at Wilson's deal, did he care about a team friendly deal and other players? Does he care more about the coin or the championship? And I would let him find out what he's worth this off season, any team paying him 40M is some new kind of dumb. 35M and they're just stupid.

What player does a team friendly deal? Brady? That was a "keep him in NE and get the backup outtahere deal" and Kraft pretty much confirmed it.

I get putty's point but that was then and this is now and the game shifted to a hired gun mentality until that 2nd contract is done. That's what they all play for and their agent reminds them of that every time they talk.

coogrfan

Reaction score
With respect, why should they? Jerry sure as Hell doesn't...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Stephen Jones is behind the scenes saying, "Dak wants too much money. We have to let him walk and draft a QB." The situation is similar to the Demarco Murray one, granted RBs are easier to replace. 40 mil or even 30 mil is simply way too much for a slightly above average QB. We have other skilled positions we have to pay. I know there's no guarantee that a drafted QB pans out, but Dak + scrubs is a guarantee we can't win a championship. Might as well take a calculated risk with a first-round draft pick.
This really makes the most sense but that bird in the hand is always hanging around with this brain trust. With their history at this position, that "things could always be worse" is ever present.

Praxit

Reaction score
They don't know the feeling of being a successful playoff team.

And if I am one of these players, the first thing I look at about this championship talk is who they kept as the HC, DC and the OC they gave him. What are the odds of a first time OC taking the 22nd ranked offense to the Big Dance? Give me the money.
..I get what yer saying coach. But hey, the odds look better in the media and TV. Many of these players don't think deep enough to let it bungle them. So just the idea of having "Stars" on the team erases the statistical factors that play underneath.

Besides, if our offense was ranked 22nd. How the hell did we get to almost 2 games from the big dance? And if the defense doesn't stink it up in Ram game, we could have played NO again. Im kinda excited for this year... ;)..

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
it's not like they're the first players to ever do this. also, dak is at least in camp. zeke is in cabo. wonder why.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL at someone saying no one watches the NBA until the playoffs. it's SOARING in popularity right now..for many reasons.
I have no idea what he's talking about lol. Its not NFL popular but its far more popular now than it was 10 years ago. He's a goof lol.

erod

Reaction score

It's more popular than ever because it was never popular to begin with. It's regular season ratings are beaten by EPL soccer.

A league should not be run by the players, and these recent moves are the beginning of the end of the league.

Do people watch Carolina versus Green Bay in the NFL? Do they watch New Orleans versus Atlanta? Do they watch Cleveland versus Washington?

You bet they do. In droves. It dominates the ratings. Huge viewership despite the smaller markets.

Now, do people watch Charlotte versus Milwaukee in the NBA? Do they watch New Orleans versus Atlanta? Do they watch Cleveland versus Washington?

No. QVC and PBS get better ratings.

The NBA is second-rate garbage.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What about Zack Martins contract, granted he’s likely a true HOF’er barring injury?

khiladi

Reaction score

Ratings dropped and ‘soaring’ is relative and I’m a huge basketball fan.