Twitter: Dak Apologizes To Refs

glimmerman

Reaction score
He felt slighted by the refs at the end. And not just this game. We have had bad calls and non calls all year. Some of these calls could have effected the outcome of the game. It’s not just our team but other teams getting bad calls also. Should have never came down to it in these games. Once again we play poorly and sloppy and try to have a come back at the end. We should have known with the slow start how this game was going to go..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well good. I wish he would have done this yesterday or immediately after the press conference but I'm glad he did it. I just hope this will be enough for the story to go away and Roger doesn't get involved. I just hope this story dies down. I also hope Dak takes a long look in the mirror during the offseason. During the season he:
1. after a loss called out fans for being "bandwagon fans"
2. played poorly at times and got defensive and blamed refs
3. said "good on them" for fans hitting refs with bottles.

He's kind of rubbing people the wrong way and not acting like the "leader" he's been portrayed as. I hope for his sake and the organization's sake that he improves his play on the field and his PR skills off the field. I lost a lot of respect for him but haven't given up on him. I'm truly hoping he pulls it together physically and mentally because as I see it right now he is not leading us to wins against good teams and he's not leading our team in the right direction as far as attitude. Both of those need to change in order for us to be successful. I'm hoping he can do it and have very small optimism he will, about 5% optimistic he will. We'll see. But we should look into QB's just to be safe.
Dak's play on the field does not back up his talk off the field.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you should have never said that in the first place. I get the frustration, but take it out on your teammates, yourself, coaches....Refs had nothing to do with our loss
It is what it is.

He's in damage control mode. If he was actually sorry it wouldn't have taken him 2 days to make a tweet about it.

I'm sure somebody that pays him money told him that he needs to try and put some water on this fire because the media was, and rightfully so, running him through the mud for those horrible comments.

khiladi

Reaction score
The refs will forgive you, but they will not forget.

He’ll be benched after next season after the new OC comes in and can’t help him get through his progressions and throw to wide open WRs, so him having a target on his back by the refs won’t matter. It’s the fans that have started turning on him more than ever that he should be worrying about next season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It is what it is.

He's in damage control mode. If he was actually sorry it wouldn't have taken him 2 days to make a tweet about it.

I'm sure somebody that pays him money told him that he needs to try and put some water on this fire because the media was, and rightfully so, running him through the mud for those horrible comments.
exactly. this was a PR move by his agent.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He’ll be benched after next season after the new OC comes in and can’t help him get through his progressions and throw to wide open WRs, so him having a target on his back by the refs won’t matter. It’s the fans that have started turning on him more than ever that he should be worrying about next season.
If Dak plays bad with a new OC it won't be Dak's fault. You know this.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dak plays bad with a new OC it won't be Dak's fault. You know this.

You probably right, unless it’s the last year in his contract. Of course we got to deal with this, because Todd France completely owned Jerry. It amazes me that Jerry is so egotistical regarding Jimmy Johnson, but he can tolerate getting completely owned and bamboozled by Dak’s agent…

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
exactly. this was a PR move by his agent.
I would have respected him more if he just owned it.

But, this is just what it has come to with him. His fakeness is showing. I've said for awhile now that Tad's twitter account is just Tad repeating things he hears from Dak and if Dak had a problem with it he would have put a stop to it long ago. I used to say that kind of jokingly, but I'm starting to think it might be true. I mean how can Dak be okay with his brother talking crap about all Dak's teammates? Dak could stop it if he wanted.

His abilities have never been good, but the one thing he had going for him was that he at least seemed likeable as a person, but I guess that was just a facade.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it would last all but three seconds after they ignore a hit on him and the commentators make a connection about it and it spreads all over social media.
They don't need to make it that obvious...there's an old saying that holding can be called on any play. Like any big play, or TD play...

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I hope he gets cut from this controversy for off field detriments.
There is no controversy worth cutting over. All he said was “credit to them” regarding the fans throwing water bottles at the refs. That’s it.

Unclassy? Sure. But the fans weren’t throwing socks filled with heavy batteries here.

While I agree he should NOT have said it, the only reason people are dogging on Dak is because we lost. If we had won in spite of some controversial calls, there wouldn’t be nearly this amount of outcry.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He will be benched by the end of next season.
No way he survives the pressures involved and inept play of his esp against a 1st place schedule.

rags

Reaction score
I'm afraid his apology will be like putting toothpaste back in the tube.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
For those who didn't already see it, Dak showed you exactly what he is.

The entire post game PC was an embarrassing string of excuses and deflection. The ref comment was just the cherry on top, albeit a very big cherry. The lack of awareness, the lack of any real sense of responsibility was stunningly absent, especially from someone who for some strange reason is given so much credit as a leader.

Even in the lame, and clearly forced apology he finds a way to shift responsibility with the "caught up in the emotion" bs.

You can't learn how to be a leader in college, no matter what it says on the paper they gave you. What you are seeing is a textbook example of this.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
lol No surprise that some posters will latch onto this and drag it around forever. He said something dumb when he was frustrated. He's human! Shocking!