Twitter: Dak asking for $40 mil per Slater

John813

Reaction score
So odd.

The FO made a reporter take the hit for potentially false info?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any other news. His people came out and said it wasn’t true. Wondering if he will come out and say it’s a lie.

How wrong can the report be? Unless the Cowboys are lying, we know they offered him an extension at more than 30 million a year and he turned it down.

So if it isn't 40 what's he asking for? 35? It's still ridiculous.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How wrong can the report be? Unless the Cowboys are lying, we know they offered him an extension at more than 30 million a year and he turned it down.

It’s all crazy. Asking and getting is 2 different things. I just wondered cause as soon as the 40 million thing came out then his camp is denying it. I am wondering if we don’t just let him play out the year.

Reactions: CWR

erod

Reaction score
Any other news. His people came out and said it wasn’t true. Wondering if he will come out and say it’s a lie.

There's no way she just made this up. What does she have to gain? She just got her dream job, and she's well-positioned. The NFL Network likes her.

The Cowboys floated this out to her. It's getting nasty with Dak's agent.

If they did offer $30 million, you know Stephen can't believe Dak didn't take it. That is so much more than his real worth. They pumped up that number just because of the good soldier he is, and he rejected it?

I think it's a war in the background because they need that franchise tag for Amari.

Personally, I love it. I want a prove-it year really badly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So odd.

The FO made a reporter take the hit for potentially false info?

I don't think it will ever be confirmed to have been "false", and Slater strengthens her "in" and bond with the team by putting information that they wanted out there.

That said, Dak might not be quick to give her an interview in the future.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There's no way she just made this up. What does she have to gain? She just got her dream job, and she's well-positioned. The NFL Network likes her.

The Cowboys floated this out to her. It's getting nasty with Dak's agent.

If they did offer $30 million, you know Stephen can't believe Dak didn't take it. That is so much more than his real worth. They pumped up that number just because of the good soldier he is, and he rejected it?

I think it's a war in the background because they need that franchise tag for Amari.

Personally, I love it. I want a prove-it year really badly.
May get the prove it year. Didn’t JJ or SJ mention having no problem with prove it type of deal last week.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Why are we so convinced the story is accurate? Is it because anything posted on the internet has to be true?
Well, if it's not. Great. Nothing to worry about. Pretty simple.

He just isn't worth 40million.

aikemirv

Reaction score
choices are.......

overpay them all and enjoy Cowboys football for 3-5 years - drought after that. Jerry's money, contributes to league salary insanity but possible short-term, immediate gratification for us.

or

expect hardball play by FO in return and possible drought sooner, windows closing and rebuilding in critical areas. We have skin in this game, want a long-term approach w/o mortgaging our future on questionable talent.

ugh.....
you got to split the baby somewhere.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May get the prove it year. Didn’t JJ or SJ mention having no problem with prove it type of deal last week.

Yes they did, Stephen I think.

And if the asking price is anywhere north of $33 million? I very much hope that they do just that.

Let Dak and his agent assume the risk of playing great and staying healthy, while making $2 million this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if it's not. Great. Nothing to worry about. Pretty simple.

He just isn't worth 40million.
That's my point - why are we worried about something we don't even know is true, and frankly seems unlikely to be true?

CWR

Reaction score
Yes they did, Stephen I think.

And if the asking price is anywhere north of $33 million? I very much hope that they do just that.

Let Dak and his agent assume the risk of playing great and staying healthy, while making $2 million this year.

EXACTLY! There is NO benefit to paying Dak early if hes not willing to make a little less in exchange for financial security.

I am shocked he hasnt accepted a deal yet. His 4th round wages are nothing compared to what is being offered.

I can just about guarentee if he doesn't have a contract by the start of the season his agent will be fired by mid season.

Of course we dont know the parameters of our offer......

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
abraham-lincoln-quote.png

aikemirv

Reaction score
Figures that the biggest clown on this board is still talking about $40 mil HOURS after that rumor had been refuted by multiple sources.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Hilarious that posters call out other posters for responding to the title of a thread and expect them to 1)either read all 27 pages or 2) be completely up to date with all news stories!

We do have lives outside of threads in Cowboys forums!

bsbellomy

Reaction score

No question. Why are we even still negotiating?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not wanting to see it done like that in Dallas is going to have to make way in the very near future for actually seeing it done that way in Dallas.

"Near Future" is relative. Today, here and now, is what we are talking about.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Figures that the biggest clown on this board is still talking about $40 mil HOURS after that rumor had been refuted by multiple sources.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
The biggest dak-rider on this board still caping for a bum :lmao2:

If you’re really Dak, you wont look as much as the Bozo you really are

If not, ima just address you as a lady forever :laugh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Hilarious that posters call out other posters for responding to the title of a thread and expect them to 1)either read all 27 pages or 2) be completely up to date with all news stories!

We do have lives outside of threads in Cowboys forums!
Dont bother with her

She is one of Dak’s side-chicks