Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey less than a brainiac, the game may have changed but one thing doesn't, Percentages. Regardless on what or how the game may change, what determines completion percentages does not. The number of completed passes of the number of passes thrown. If a QB 30 years ago has a 59.2 completion percentage a QB today may throw more passes but if his completions only comes out to 59.2 percent it's still just a 59.2 completion percentage. Now if a QB today throws mo passes but also completes more passes his passing completion percentage goes up. Now if a QB today is said to have a accuracy problem and his completion percentage is higher than QB 30 years ago then that QB 30 years ago must have had an accuracy problem too. Accuracy is measured by completion percentage.

Which I think is suspect! When *I* think of "accuracy"....I think of placing the ball in the most optimal location, with the "right" velocity and arc...and other such descriptive. Which allows for the most yards possible on the play. NOT just if the ball was caught or not. Not if there was a way to factor in the receivers effort to complete the pass...I'd be all for it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no explanation for this malady.. i.e. unreasonable critic of Dak.

I was all for Romo's return once he was healthy. Honestly in some way I hope Cowboys won inspite of Dak so Romo could take over ....But Dak kept winning, I couldn't argue against Wins!!

Dak Hater's syndrome calcified around mid 2018 just before Cooper arrived. Now they are stuck!
Let's stick with current questionable disgruntlement for Prescott. Reminders of the euphoria that concluded reaching and winning Super Bowl 51 with a rookie quarterback, when no rookie quarterback had ever reached or competed in a Super Bowl in the previous half century of league HISTORY, when the roster had a veteran quarterback entering the postseason, still makes my head shake. I would much much MUCH rather remain focused on what has happened since 2017 and discern rational from irrational criticism of Prescott as the team's franchise quarterback instead. Thanks.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's stick with current questionable disgruntlement for Prescott. Reminders of the euphoria that concluded reaching and winning Super Bowl 51 with a rookie quarterback, when no rookie quarterback had ever reached or competed in a Super Bowl in the previous half century of league HISTORY, when the roster had a veteran quarterback entering the postseason, still makes my head shake. I would much much MUCH rather remained focused on what has happened since 2017 and discern rational from irrational criticism of Prescott as the team's franchise quarterback instead. Thanks.

It's surely a debate that can't be won, nor will anyone change their minds about it. The good thing about Dak? He...has the chance to change people's minds. One way or another.

What I want form dak is "better accuracy" in the way I describe it above. I just feel like I saw a regression last year. If he does that....and the rest of the team performs to their potential...the wins will take care of themselves, I say.

Qcard

Reaction score
Let's stick with current questionable disgruntlement for Prescott. Reminders of the euphoria that concluded reaching and winning Super Bowl 51 with a rookie quarterback, when no rookie quarterback had ever reached or competed in a Super Bowl in the previous half century of league HISTORY, when the roster had a veteran quarterback entering the postseason, still makes my head shake. I would much much MUCH rather remain focused on what has happened since 2017 and discern rational from irrational criticism of Prescott as the team's franchise quarterback instead. Thanks.
@DallasEast please bro if you ever discern any rational from the irrational criticism of Prescott let me be the first to know....

I have honestly for the past 2 seasons listened carefully and unbiasedly to our fellow Cowboy fans whom have had the toughest criticism of Dak.

We can't come to the discussion table or fourm without parameters in place...Stats, history and status Quo. If we do then we are left listening to conversations where fan A questions Dak's accuracy but Stats show Dak is accurate , but somehow fan A eye test is more Superior to fan B because fan A watched football 40 years ago...

Qcard

Reaction score
I took it as he was speaking figuratively, not literally. Bankrupt meaning affecting the cap negatively.
So would you say Dak's cap number affect the cap positively on his rookie contract...

Exactly how did the Cowboys front office use it to their advantage...Signed Lawrence, Collins and Jaylon...

Cap hell is a red herring....Lazy GM and cheap owner talk

Pay Dak.... he's earned it and met the standards

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Dak get's a new contract which pays him like the Top QB's then he won't be given too much margin for error with the fans.
Being a 4th round pick and his ability to right the ship has endured him to the fans. But, now that he will be paid like the top QB's he will be expected to play like one and things that may have been forgiven by fans before won't any more.
It's not that he's overpaid that upsets people, it's the fact that him taking up more and more of the cap space prevents the team from retaining players due to the restraints implemented by the cap.
He will be expected to show that he can carry the team and be the main cog that elevates the team/players to the upper level.
He needs to show that the players he has around him is irrelevant up to a certain point and be able to perform even when he isn't surrounded by top notch players.
Right now he has Zeke, Cooper, and Gallop that are excellent players and help mask a lot of his deficiencies in a lot of instances.
Now, he will be expected to perform even if/when those players go out due to injury.

The thing is.. Some people already believe he plays like a top QB.. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
So would you say Dak's cap number affect the cap positively on his rookie contract...

Exactly how did the Cowboys front office use it to their advantage...Signed Lawrence, Collins and Jaylon...

Why do you keep saying "Pay Dak"? They're trying to, he won't sign a contract.

Swagger

Reaction score

Ok....so how many teams have won the Superbowl over the past ten years that paid their QB the same or higher % of the salary cap than what Prescott will likely be given?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jason was not a great game day coach . However Dak has regressed the last 2 years and is not a top tier QB to make any significant difference in a team that needs a lot of parts to get to a super bowl . Now this overrated QB wants to bankrupt the team . And Jerry might cave in .

That's really funny since people that have actually played in the NFL have said the exact opposite, that Prescott had progressed last season. So like always I will believe those that have actual NFL experience or those with just couch experience.

Qcard

Reaction score
Ok....so how many teams have won the Superbowl over the past ten years that paid their QB the same or higher % of the salary cap than what Prescott will likely be given?
How many teams in the next 20 years will be using the 2011-2020 CBA agreement parameters?

They won't...it will be the parameters in the 2021-2030 CBA

Go sell your crazy math somewhere else

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Overpaying Dlaw and Zeke was stupid, and overpaying the "next in line" is stupid, so overpaying Dak is no smarter.
Its not. But my argument wasn't that it was "smarter". My argument was why do you guys expect Dak to take a payout when A)No one else is and B) the money saved will only go towards overpaying the next guy in line?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What does that matter? The best teams win. Has nothing to do with how much they spent on quarterback. So when Pat Mahomes gets paid all of a sudden the Chiefs won't be good anymore?

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope....they WERE in the past trying to UNDERpay Dak...big difference sir!
Nope, they were not. Offered him 33 mil before last season. That could even be considered overpaying Dak.

Get your facts straight.

kskboys

Reaction score
What does that matter? The best teams win. Has nothing to do with how much they spent on quarterback. So when Pat Mahomes gets paid all of a sudden the Chiefs won't be good anymore?
C'mon Royce, you're smarter than this.

As you said, "the best teams win". That is correct. So, how do you build the best team? As much talent as possible. And what do huge contracts keep you from doing? Building the best team. This is ABC stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
How many teams in the next 20 years will be using the 2011-2020 CBA agreement parameters?

They won't...it will be the parameters in the 2021-2030 CBA

Go sell your crazy math somewhere else
Crazy math? That's your department. You're screaming that offering him 33 mil/season is underpaying when it's not. That is insane math.

Can't pay someone hoping that the salary cap will keep going up. There will be a point where it will slow to a crawl. IMO, the NFL is really close to that point right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's really funny since people that have actually played in the NFL have said the exact opposite, that Prescott had progressed last season. So like always I will believe those that have actual NFL experience or those with just couch experience.
That's what I saw. Major signs of Dak progressing.