Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

Qcard

Reaction score
Nope, they were not. Offered him 33 mil before last season. That could even be considered overpaying Dak.

Get your facts straight.
So what ?? The UNDERpay wasn't in the per season.. it was in the total guarantees genius!!
Do you think Dak and his team are dumb enough to fall for that lazy GM and cheap owner talk....
Total guarantees were UNDERpay!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Which I think is suspect! When *I* think of "accuracy"....I think of placing the ball in the most optimal location, with the "right" velocity and arc...and other such descriptive. Which allows for the most yards possible on the play. NOT just if the ball was caught or not. Not if there was a way to factor in the receivers effort to complete the pass...I'd be all for it.

What you said is nice descriptions of what a pass looks like but accuracy is catching the ball and determining how accurate a QB is, is nothing more the percentage of pass that are caught.. If that is a low number than the QB iasn't very accurate, if it is a higher number that means he's more accurate. There are no variables in A divided by B other than A divided by B. It is simple math and that's it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
C'mon Royce, you're smarter than this.

As you said, "the best teams win". That is correct. So, how do you build the best team? As much talent as possible. And what do huge contracts keep you from doing? Building the best team. This is ABC stuff.
So build the best team then. Go get the best talent. Go draft. That's how you do it. You do it with youth.

The go to guys you guys use are Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Flacco.......

Fact is, those teams didn't screw up giving those guys contracts. I can point to far worse mistakes.

Rams screwed up trading all of their draft capital for Jalen Ramsey. How do you get better if you don't have your premium draft picks? Rams also screwed up giving Gurley his contract. Rams have not drafted well.

Eagles as well. Carson Wentz doesn't have any receivers but they invested BIG money in Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson who are hurt.

Detroit Lions keep striking out on running backs. Keep striking out on draft picks.

So if its ABC stuff why aren't you guys paying attention? BSPN doesn't tell the other side of the coin. I'm not gonna just listen to what they feed me without doing proper research.

Fact is, there's only one champion and the Patriots have 6 rings.

You can field great teams with a 30 million dollar quarterback. Stop telling me otherwise.

basel90

Reaction score
Everything I've read said he play keeps improving. That may or may not be true but one thing is. His play definitely hasn't regressed.

Dak's new deal won't bankrupt the team. Not even close. You know that. Why would you make a claim like that?
He is asking for 37-40 mil for 4 to 5 years . The cowboys have much bigger needs if we seek a super bowl , not just an 8-8 9-7 seasons like the past 25 years . It is time we end this vicious cycle of over paying offensive
players . The team needs to pluck so many holes on defense and some on the OL .
Dak is just not talented to make a difference in games and he gets exposed easily against decent teams . He has not improved by any means , which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is asking for 37-40 mil for 4 to 5 years . The cowboys have much bigger needs if we seek a super bowl , not just an 8-8 9-7 seasons like the past 25 years . It is time we end this vicious cycle of over paying offensive
players . The team needs to pluck so many holes on defense and some on the OL .
Dak is just not talented to make a difference in games and he gets exposed easily against decent teams . He has not improved by any means , which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out .
Well a big part in sucking for 25 years comes from the fact most of it was coached by Wade Phillips, Chan Gailey and Jason Garrett....

Dak hasn't improved(said no one) which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out?

:huh::lmao:

basel90

Reaction score
The team operates under the league's hard salary cap. Dedicating any large slices of the team's salary cap to a few players--like the contracts for Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper and the one anticipated for Dak Prescott--and there will be cross elasticity of demand affecting certain other short- and/or long-term roster talent acquisition. That is a real life contingency for any NFL team and one that Jerry Jones must anticipate but it is certainly not what 'bankrupt' means.
Thanks , I meant it as a figure of speech . I was talking about Dak’s salary eroding the cap money .

Qcard

Reaction score
He has not improved by any means , which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out .
@basel90 are you a troll?

How do you even start a conversation with a person when they make this statement....you don't call them a Dak Hater

Troy Aikman Quote to Des Moines Register:

“He has an energy and charisma about him that I haven’t seen in very many guys,” Aikman said. “And then I think that for the most part he’s matched it in his play and the progress he’s made.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...chise-tag-troy-aikman-jerry-jones/5041861002/

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

How do you even start a conversation with a person when they make this statement....you don't call them a Dak Hater

“He has an energy and charisma about him that I haven’t seen in very many guys,” Aikman said. “And then I think that for the most part he’s matched it in his play and the progress he’s made.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...chise-tag-troy-aikman-jerry-jones/5041861002/
My guess is he's a troll under a different name.

basel90

Reaction score

Why do you feel you need name calling ?
Dak is mediocre.
Troy Aikman is a paid broadcaster and likes to stay positive with Dak . But if you listen to Troy’s broadcast commentary about Dak whenever he misses receivers during games , you will understand what he really thinks . I can recall so many games where Troy flat out got frustrated with Dak’s inaccuracies.
Now the maturity and charisma of Dak is certainly there . But this is not a PR game . We need to win Super Bowls . Seems you think Dak is the man to do it . I don’t see it .

Qcard

Reaction score
Why do you feel you need name calling ?
Dak is mediocre.
Troy Aikman is a paid broadcaster and likes to stay positive with Dak . But if you listen to Troy’s broadcast commentary about Dak whenever he misses receivers during games , you will understand what he really thinks . I can recall so many games where Troy flat out got frustrated with Dak’s inaccuracies.
Now the maturity and charisma of Dak is certainly there . But this is not a PR game . We need to win Super Bowls . Seems you think Dak is the man to do it . I don’t see it .
You fit the bill .....Dak Hater

So I am supposed to discredit HOF Troy Aikman opinion on the Dallas QB1 position because he's a paid profession :facepalm:

Yet you claim he praises Dak because he's getting paid?

Does Troy Aikman get paid when he criticizes Dak?

What are your qualifications Dak Hater?

basel90

Reaction score
Well a big part in sucking for 25 years comes from the fact most of it was coached by Wade Phillips, Chan Gailey and Jason Garrett....

Dak hasn't improved(said no one) which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out?

:huh::lmao:
Coaching is certainly a factor and glad jason is gone . Dak is predictable , he insists on taking snaps from the shotgun (93%) and cannot read defenses , this is a major liability as it limits the offensive coach option on play calling . This means Dak is not developing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So build the best team then. Go get the best talent. Go draft. That's how you do it. You do it with youth.

The go to guys you guys use are Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Flacco.......

Fact is, those teams didn't screw up giving those guys contracts. I can point to far worse mistakes.

Rams screwed up trading all of their draft capital for Jalen Ramsey. How do you get better if you don't have your premium draft picks? Rams also screwed up giving Gurley his contract. Rams have not drafted well.

Eagles as well. Carson Wentz doesn't have any receivers but they invested BIG money in Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson who are hurt.

Detroit Lions keep striking out on running backs. Keep striking out on draft picks.

So if its ABC stuff why aren't you guys paying attention? BSPN doesn't tell the other side of the coin. I'm not gonna just listen to what they feed me without doing proper research.

Fact is, there's only one champion and the Patriots have 6 rings.

You can field great teams with a 30 million dollar quarterback. Stop telling me otherwise.

I understand you're trying to make a point but some of your examples are just altogether wrong. When Stafford and Ryan signed their current contracts they put them in the top 6 average per year of all QB's. As far as some of the other things you pointed out about arguing teams and certain players and how you think they were huge mistakes. Most teams that acquire players like that believe they are just that player away from winning it all.whether you or anyone else believe that. It's no different than teams that draft a player high and that player even though he may have been ranked high by many, sometimes turns out to be busts. Teams draft those player thinking they will really help their team. If teams never make mistakes whether on players or coaches most teams would end up with 8-8 records because everything would be equal, but there are no perfect teams.

basel90

Reaction score
You fit the bill .....Dak Hater

So I am supposed to discredit HOF Troy Aikman opinion on the Dallas QB1 position because he's a paid profession :facepalm:

What are your qualifications Dak Hater?
I hate no one . I love the cowboys .
You should not worry too much if you love Dak so much. He will be here it seems a long time . Just watch him meander the cowboys thru another 8-8 9-7 cycle .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Coaching is certainly a factor and glad jason is gone . Dak is predictable , he insists on taking snaps from the shotgun (93%) and cannot read defenses , this is a major liability as it limits the offensive coach option on play calling . This means Dak is not developing.
He can’t read defenses? According to who? You are making stuff up.

Swagger

Reaction score
How many teams in the next 20 years will be using the 2011-2020 CBA agreement parameters?

They won't...it will be the parameters in the 2021-2030 CBA

Go sell your crazy math somewhere else
Same rules apply - it still comes down to the % of the salary cap in any given season.
People are gambling that the cap will continue to increase, and by a bucket load, regardless of what goes on around the world.
It's not like we are going through a global economic crisis at the moment.

Qcard

Reaction score
You should not worry too much if you love Dak so much. He will be here it seems a long time . Just watch him meander the cowboys thru another 8-8 9-7 cycle .
Cool...I thought I'd shared an in depth interview Troy Aikman about Dak but it appears you are a lost cause.

It is a DMN article which we can't post here. I highly suggest you read it

Bye Felicia....Dak Hater's standard dismissal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand you're trying to make a point but some of your examples are just altogether wrong. When Stafford and Ryan signed their current contracts they put them in the top 6 average per year of all QB's. As far as some of the other things you pointed out about arguing teams and certain players and how you think they were huge mistakes. Most teams that acquire players like that believe they are just that player away from winning it all.whether you or anyone else believe that. It's no different than teams that draft a player high and that player even though he may have been ranked high by many, sometimes turns out to be busts. Teams draft those player thinking they will really help their team. If teams never make mistakes whether on players or coaches most teams would end up with 8-8 records because everything would be equal, but there are no perfect teams.
My point is those teams have made poor personal decisions. If you give quarterbacks big money you have to draft and surround them with young cheap talent.

Swagger

Reaction score
But it was not Prescott's fault you hater, it was one of three pro bowlers missing a few games on the o-line, cooper dropping passes (because receivers on other teams never drop passes), Elliott not scoring 5 touchdowns from 13 carries, a wet ball...

Qcard

Reaction score
Same rules apply - it still comes down to the % of the salary cap in any given season.
People are gambling that the cap will continue to increase, and by a bucket load, regardless of what goes on around the world.
It's not like we are going through a global economic crisis at the moment.
Errr wrong.....same rules do not apply. Rules have changed.

Jerry clearly delineated how the new CBA affects the middle to lower bottom of the roster players in a positive way.

The players get more percentage of the revenues which means opportunities for higher salaries. Giving flexibility to retain or pay lower to mid players more in playing bonuses and salaries.

People aren't gambling...it is called predictions based on trends. Most successful companies adjust policies to maximize revenue.

You can't budget for pandemics and economic collapses....Not Dak fault and not really a factor in this contract. But it would be insensitive to sign the contract in this environment. Probably early May or June once pandemic dies down...just good PR move