Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@DallasEast please bro if you ever discern any rational from the irrational criticism of Prescott let me be the first to know....

I have honestly for the past 2 seasons listened carefully and unbiasedly to our fellow Cowboy fans whom have had the toughest criticism of Dak.

We can't come to the discussion table or fourm without parameters in place...Stats, history and status Quo. If we do then we are left listening to conversations where fan A questions Dak's accuracy but Stats show Dak is accurate , but somehow fan A eye test is more Superior to fan B because fan A watched football 40 years ago...
Any rational discussion concerning Prescott's accuracy must include play-by-play analysis. Occasionally, a member will provide a (extremely) limited number of passing play examples, while including how the defense reacted, what type of blocking protected Prescott during each play, whether Prescott threw a catchable pass, and (just as importantly) how well his intended receiver caught the pass.

Proper breakdown of plays, possessions, and quarters happen on CowboysZone. They happen for Prescott. Good or bad. They happened for his predecessor. Good or bad. The problem is that they happen so rarely that they go unacknowledged. They are drowned out by the huge volume of generalities that swamp the site on a daily basis.

In regards to statistics and observation, it is reasonable for both being necessary towards making a rational conclusion. Any member, self-considering both statistics and observation within the context of their individual input, can introduce more sound and debatable talking points. Any member, who does not make the effort, does not.

Football is a team sport. Centering self-conclusions almost exclusively or totally on one player, one coach or, heck, even the one general manager for life, is self-defeating to the success of any group discussion. It is the reason why the Fan Zone is constantly beset with a few targeted subjects instead of the broader picture. That has been true for many years.

It is how many members cope with their fanship of the franchise. Go CowboysZone. ;) :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks , I meant it as a figure of speech . I was talking about Dak’s salary eroding the cap money .
Okay but… there may have been a more applicable term. "Bankrupting" the salary cap would mean breaking Jerry Jones's own authority for signing any players. That would not be a good situation for any general manager. :p

Waitasec. You may be on to something... :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is asking for 37-40 mil for 4 to 5 years . The cowboys have much bigger needs if we seek a super bowl , not just an 8-8 9-7 seasons like the past 25 years . It is time we end this vicious cycle of over paying offensive
players . The team needs to pluck so many holes on defense and some on the OL .
Dak is just not talented to make a difference in games and he gets exposed easily against decent teams . He has not improved by any means , which translates to regression in the NFL as teams figure him out .

LOL...…….your claim right there of what he is asking for is nothing short of dead wrong. No wonder you cant think straight. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hate no one . I love the cowboys .
You should not worry too much if you love Dak so much. He will be here it seems a long time . Just watch him meander the cowboys thru another 8-8 9-7 cycle .

You mean a 40-24 cycle? And that was when he was inexperienced and with the horrid Garrett and Marinelli.

Looking forward to what he can do in his prime with real coaching.

We got a nice glimpse of what he is capable of when he threw for nearly 5000 yards and 33 total TD's last year while leading the #1 offense in the NFL and coming one yard shy of the all time Cowboys passing record.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
LOL...…….your claim right there of what he is asking for is nothing short of dead wrong. No wonder you cant think straight. LOL

People just make up numbers and then get mad about it :lmao:

The only thing that came out on Dak's side was the rumored $40 million a year, which actually isn't as crazy as it sounded if the Cowboys were initially asking for a 7-year deal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coaching is certainly a factor and glad jason is gone . Dak is predictable , he insists on taking snaps from the shotgun (93%) and cannot read defenses , this is a major liability as it limits the offensive coach option on play calling . This means Dak is not developing.

Cannot read defenses? So how did he throw for nearly 5000 yards and came 160 yards shy of having 3, 1000 yards receivers? How did he lead the #1 offense in the NFL? How did he come 1 yard shy of breaking the Cowboys all time passing record?

Poor little turd is reeling. Dak is developing right before your eyes and you cant stop crying about it. Nice new fat contract coming soon.

Let the TRAIL OF TEARS continue!!!!!!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
People just make up numbers and then get mad about it :lmao:

The only thing that came out on Dak's side was the rumored $40 million a year, which actually isn't as crazy as it sounded if the Cowboys were initially asking for a 7-year deal.

They have to make up overblown numbers to make a valid point.

They have create a narrative.

FAKE NEWS!!!!

Qcard

Reaction score
They have to make up overblown numbers to make a valid point.

They have create a narrative.

FAKE NEWS!!!!
Dak Haters have created many fake narratives and myths that have been used to downgrade Dak....

Remember Dink and Dak???

basel90

Reaction score
Okay but… there may have been a more applicable term. "Bankrupting" the salary cap would mean breaking Jerry Jones's own authority for signing any players. That would not be a good situation for any general manager. :p

Waitasec. You may be on to something... :laugh:
:lmao2: right on

basel90

Reaction score
You mean a 40-24 cycle? And that was when he was inexperienced and with the horrid Garrett and Marinelli.

Looking forward to what he can do in his prime with real coaching.

We got a nice glimpse of what he is capable of when he threw for nearly 5000 yards and 33 total TD's last year while leading the #1 offense in the NFL and coming one yard shy of the all time Cowboys passing record.
your expectations are very low . only thing that matters is getting to super bowls and winning them . no one cares about a 40-24 run of the mill cycle at one of the worst divvisions in football.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
your expectations are very low . only thing that matters is getting to super bowls and winning them . no one cares about a 40-24 run of the mill cycle at one of the worst divvisions in football.

Clueless expectations aren't high expectations. They just make you clueless.

If you really thought the Cowboys were going to the Superbowl with the horrid Garrett and our defense, then you are dumber than dumb.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
My point is those teams have made poor personal decisions. If you give quarterbacks big money you have to draft and surround them with young cheap talent.

Right now I'm watching Super Bowl XXVII and a couple of times Bob Trumpy has mentioned the Cowboys have the youngest team in the league and also times he said the Cowboys had the number 1 defense in the league and the Cowboys had the 3rd ranked offense. The point is even young teams can be good. You need to get over it that the trend in tioday's NFL is QB's make big bucks. You or anyone else that keep whining about it is not going to change a thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right now I'm watching Super Bowl XXVII and a couple of times Bob Trumpy has mentioned the Cowboys have the youngest team in the league and also times he said the Cowboys had the number 1 defense in the league and the Cowboys had the 3rd ranked offense. The point is even young teams can be good. You need to get over it that the trend in tioday's NFL is QB's make big bucks. You or anyone else that keep whining about it is not going to change a thing.
Jesus.....I never said there’s a trend in the NFL....I give up man I can’t with some of you.......I can’t help you seee what you don’t want to see.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jesus.....I never said there’s a trend in the NFL....I give up man I can’t with some of you.......I can’t help you seee what you don’t want to see.

You see what the rest of us see that the QB position eats up a big part of the cap. No you didn't say anything about a trend, but that is what it is. To continue to whine about what the trend in today's NFL with big QB contracts isn't going to change anything. The reason they're so big is because the QB is the most important, by far, of all of the positions. Yes there have been some big name QB's that have taken smaller contracts but they are QB's at the end of their careers. Brady 2 years ago took a smaller salary, but lots of bonus money though, and already had 18 years in the league and has a wife that makes more money than him. This year takes a 2 year contract that pays 25 mil a year with now 20 years in the league. Brees takes a smaller contract this week with 18 years in the league. Rogers is an example of a reasonable cap hit for this season but for 2021 his cap hit is 39 mil. All you're doing is playing GM and doing it if players did exactly what you think they should, not what reality is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What is this in response to?

It was in response to the likes comment. Likes are not representative of if somebody is on point or if they have a point. It only means that more often then not, guys are posting things that go along with the majority. You know that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hey less than a brainiac, the game may have changed but one thing doesn't, Percentages. Regardless on what or how the game may change, what determines completion percentages does not. The number of completed passes of the number of passes thrown. If a QB 30 years ago has a 59.2 completion percentage a QB today may throw more passes but if his completions only comes out to 59.2 percent it's still just a 59.2 completion percentage. Now if a QB today throws mo passes but also completes more passes his passing completion percentage goes up. Now if a QB today is said to have a accuracy problem and his completion percentage is higher than QB 30 years ago then that QB 30 years ago must have had an accuracy problem too. Accuracy is measured by completion percentage.

This is about as wrong as you can get. Just one question, did you watch the NFL 30 years ago?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was in response to the likes comment. Likes are not representative of if somebody is on point or if they have a point. It only means that more often then not, guys are posting things that go along with the majority. You know that.
Where did I say likes are a representative if someone is on point?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Classic Dak game was the Packers game last year. 140 yds passing through 3 quarters and down 30 to 3 and then Packers shut down to prevent and Dak throws for 200 yds and couple TDs and runs for one.
Stats show 340 yds passing and 3 tds and some people dont see that Prescott did nothing for 3 quarters until the Packers basically let him sling it around.