Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, it's great to win with a over achieving QB on a cheap rookie contract, but this is not the norm as you know. The one thing that irritates me when people evaluate our success or lack thereof over the last few years, they always seem to put too much criticism on individual moving parts as opposed to our lame duck coach. Yes I know that Garrett got his fair share of laughs, but to me it all ends with Garrett. I think our team has been lucky to have had much of any success with such a mediocre and soft head coach. Just look at when we played the Rams in the playoffs, heck Dak wasn't great but our defense was an abomination. Dak started coming back in that game but the defense folded. If the defense shut out the rams 2nd half and Dak stayed on pace that would of been a great win for him and the team.

Dak has shown that he isn't a 2nd string caliber QB when he helped Romo retire. The guy was literally so good that Romo could never get back on the field. If you look at his winning percentage and his QBR that is enough to tell you he is far from a talented 2nd stringer. If you look at where were at right now realistically, Dak is a great option to have because there isn't anyone out there right now thats available that will come in and do what he can do. I do love Dak, he is my favorite players so I'm a bit biased, but I like Dak for all that he encompasses. You can't really blame Dak for playing the game and trying to get as much as he can, this might be his one and only big payday. If the money is there, you gotta go for it.
Not much of a stat man,, once you get to know me you will understand why maybe,,, but I agree with most everything you said... We are all die hard Cowboys here, other than the few imposter trolls that just hang out because us Cowboy fans are so much more interesting...
Keep posting bro... glad your here

basel90

Reaction score
That hasn't been his 4 year history, and he actually did not play poorly against Minnesota, Buffalo, Chicago and the Rams. Admittedly he wasn't as consistent as desired in 2019, but that applies to the entire team, not just one position.

Vs Saints : zero TDs . QBR 76
Vs Jets: No passing TDs . which is amazing . Threw 40 times and completed 28 .
Vs. Minnesota threw 46 times to reach 397 yards. . No TDs ( you notice the theme ) the 4th quarter.

Vs . Bills threw 49 times to reach 355 yards , mostly in garbage time. QBR 57 . Even Josh Allen who is a rookie outplayed him in dallas with a higher QBR.

in short , DAK is very mediocre and melts down against decent opposition,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jameis did about the same thing and a similar age so spare me those empty behind calories you're hyping up

Jameis had 30 interception too Jesus I don't know if you pretend to be this dense or if you're senile or what's going on. You can't make this type of crap up though whatever it is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Jameis had 30 interception too Jesus I don't know if you pretend to be this dense or if you're senile or what's going on. You can't make this type of crap up though whatever it is.
Did you mention Daks interceptions? No so why did I need to mention Jameis? Make sense when you post.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you mention Daks interceptions? No so why did I need to mention Jameis? Make sense when you post.
Why the hell would I mention his interceptions? You bring up Jameis to say they had similar years and they didn't. And you know this. I treat everybody here like adults. I shouldn't have to remind you Jameis had 30 interception.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vs Saints : zero TDs . QBR 76
Vs Jets: No passing TDs . which is amazing . Threw 40 times and completed 28 .
Vs. Minnesota threw 46 times to reach 397 yards. . No TDs ( you notice the theme ) the 4th quarter.

Vs . Bills threw 49 times to reach 355 yards , mostly in garbage time. QBR 57 . Even Josh Allen who is a rookie outplayed him in dallas with a higher QBR.

in short , DAK is very mediocre and melts down against decent opposition,
That's crap. Are you speaking about his 4 year career or are you talking about last season?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Why the hell would I mention his interceptions? You bring up Jameis to say they had similar years and they didn't. And you know this. I treat everybody here like adults. I shouldn't have to remind you Jameis had 30 interception.
How the hell you going to ask me the same question I'm asking you? Talking about dense smh. If you felt no need to mention ints why do I need to outside of making your little average QB look better. They did have similar years. They both put up stats and missed the playoffs. Dak Bortles lack of pics doesn't take away from them putting up similar stats otherwise so spare me.

basel90

Reaction score
That's crap. Are you speaking about his 4 year career or are you talking about last season?
usually someone is as good as his last quarter in many businesses , but to be generous with dak am talking about his last year . But his previous years was not great either. Do you remember the debacle he had agaist tennessee in dallas in 2018 ?? he was atrocious and down right embarassing. Jerry had to save him and deal for Amari Cooper at the expense of a 1st rounder , then jerry had to overpay to keep zeke to help dak . Then , guess what happened to dak , he got worse !!!

Proof

Reaction score
We don't know the details yet, but....the way things are going, he sure does not seem to be this "leader" that he and other fans think he is.

sure he has. By showing up and doing his job getting paid like the punter

Proof

Reaction score
Because you cant win in this game if you cant do it.
Ive never believed that Dak couldn't be the best that Dak can be, but I have stated and believe that he will never be good enough to achieve success vs the current talent at the position in the NFL currently, achieving greatness level of success.
Im also not a moron that doesn't understand that Dak is the best option that this team has right now, he is, that's the conundrum.
We can all pretend to be GMs on this forum, but we are really just stating our own opinions on talent,, some better, some worse, doesn't matter.
Bottom line is that this franchise painted themselves into a corner with Dak, and now his agent is taking full leverage.
Dak can alleviate most of the displeasure, distrust, call it whatever you will, by just being his own man and taking a team friendly deal... man aint gonna starve!

sooooo being his own msn is by doing what you’d like him to do?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How the hell you going to ask me the same question I'm asking you? Talking about dense smh. If you felt no need to mention ints why do I need to outside of making your little average QB look better. They did have similar years. They both put up stats and missed the playoffs. Dak Bortles lack of pics doesn't take away from them putting up similar stats otherwise so spare me.

So you are sitting here telling me you think Jameis and Dak had the same year? Is that what you are saying?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
usually someone is as good as his last quarter in many businesses , but to be generous with dak am talking about his last year . But his previous years was not great either. Do you remember the debacle he had agaist tennessee in dallas in 2018 ?? he was atrocious and down right embarassing. Jerry had to save him and deal for Amari Cooper at the expense of a 1st rounder , then jerry had to overpay to keep zeke to help dak . Then , guess what happened to dak , he got worse !!!

No Jerry had to save himself because he didn't invest correctly in the receiver position. He thought Allen Hurns was a #1. That's not on Dak because he couldn't make him a #1. Jerry did everything he wanted to. Jerry could've easily signed another running back or got another receiver. He CHOSE to make those moves.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Honestly who cares what fans think? They don't force personnel decisions in the slightest. Good at whining about them though, which is their right. It's on Dak to just work on improving his craft and do the best he can. But he's been doing that the whole time (and still look at how he's viewed). His contract probably won't change that about him. Piker fans WILL rage all the more though but see my first 2 sentences.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So you are sitting here telling me you think Jameis and Dak had the same year? Is that what you are saying?
You have basic reading comprehension so unless your screen cracked I said what I said. Your average qb and Jameis has similar seasons. You could switch them and nothing would change for either team. Y’all overrate the hell outta this Kirk Cousins clone

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You have basic reading comprehension so unless your screen cracked I said what I said. Your average qb and Jameis has similar seasons. You could switch them and nothing would change for either team. Y’all overrate the hell outta this Kirk Cousins clone

If Dak had 20 extra picks the Cowboys would have been worse than 8-8. I don't even see how someone would try to say otherwise lol.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
If Dak get's a new contract which pays him like the Top QB's then he won't be given too much margin for error with the fans.
Being a 4th round pick and his ability to right the ship has endured him to the fans. But, now that he will be paid like the top QB's he will be expected to play like one and things that may have been forgiven by fans before won't any more.
It's not that he's overpaid that upsets people, it's the fact that him taking up more and more of the cap space prevents the team from retaining players due to the restraints implemented by the cap.
He will be expected to show that he can carry the team and be the main cog that elevates the team/players to the upper level.
He needs to show that the players he has around him is irrelevant up to a certain point and be able to perform even when he isn't surrounded by top notch players.
Right now he has Zeke, Cooper, and Gallop that are excellent players and help mask a lot of his deficiencies in a lot of instances.
Now, he will be expected to perform even if/when those players go out due to injury.
Well said.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If Dak had 20 extra picks the Cowboys would have been worse than 8-8. I don't even see how someone would try to say otherwise lol.
Did we make the playoffs? That was the point of saying all their stats lead to the same thing. You Dak people gotta get it together

keysersoze

Reaction score
When has Dak ever had the benefit of the doubt from fans? He didn't have it last year at 500k a year so why should he care?

Yeah but Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bree's haven't always strived and they were the highest paid and were allowed to have excuses.....

100% Facts.

Section446

Reaction score
He's four years in and he hasn't progressed enough to justify his pay day, he's just average.