Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Dak has proven anything its his ability to take a hit,, so what... fans got too attached to the fragile Romo era.
If Dak has proven anything else its that he fails in crucial situations and crucial games...
If fans that proclaim to be talent experts cant recognize obvious talent flaws, that can never be corrected.. you cant coach obvious flaws out of a QB esp, ask any pro scout...
Than you just keep prying Dak lovers... just keep praying
true Jerry and all the other owners have fell into a bad habit with the MARKET BS..they simply need to reverse the trend with players over the last 2 season like brady and brees and now rivers and others taking under 25, I thought it would start reversing the trend, welp Jerry is panicking..

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak was getting hate making $2 million a year. He'll get hate regardless .
I was getting ready to post this. The author of the post makes some laughable content that is too be sure... Heck, Dak is already the most scrutinized player in the league!
The fans give him zero room for error, heck, all you have to do is read this forum everyday to see that. For the poster to somehow suggest that if Dak getting paid top
dollar is going to all of the sudden bring in a total lack of forgiveness he must of been sleeping through these last 3 years.

Dak is a very talented QB, anyone whom is objective and not working from some anti dak angle can see that. I'm pretty sure at this point Dak has thick skin and
looks at his performance honestly. He understands it's a team sport, but if you crunch the numbers, they tell you he is one of the tops at his position in the game today.
I know that boo birds don't want to acknowledge this but it's the facts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Got you...and we hope that will never happen, but if it did? I mean come on, brother...those guys are filthy rich. Not sure what Dak's guaranteed money is going to be, and if he get's hurt in training camp...the dude is still going to have millions of frogs to live on, if he uses his money wisely.

Greed is not a good.
Knowing your worth is not "greed". Its called "self-worth". Always know your worth because let me tell you Jerry does. Stephen does.

basel90

Reaction score
So the coach didn't fail? The players didn't fail? Its Dak's responsibly when his special teams and defense failed.......its Dak's job when his team lead the league in drops? That's on Dak? So he should play defense and catch the football for himself too?
agree , there is lots of blame to go around , and jason is now gone , zeke lost a lot of burst . But the fact is Dak played poorly against good teams and struggled with accuracy and engineering comebacks etc, , And now , he wants to be the top paid QB while he has proven nothing on the feild.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
When has Dak ever had the benefit of the doubt from fans? He didn't have it last year at 500k a year so why should he care?

Yeah but Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bree's haven't always strived and they were the highest paid and were allowed to have excuses.....
Stay on topic. We are talking about the Dallas Cowboys correct not the Packers or Saints. What does their excuses have it do with Dak mr me too? Dak can't be as good as y'all dudes lie about because its always an excuse. Y'all treat him like a special case that nothing can be said about him. Its always some whataboitism with Dak. Can this guy ever be talked about without mentioning some other QB?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How many teams have a QB that can outgun Mahomes? If that's the requirement, again, other teams might as well give up.

That said, of course not all QBs are the same, and some can carry a team somewhat more than others. But you can't just run out and grab an elite, Mahomes/Brees/Rogers level QB at will. If you could we wouldn't be talking about a 19 and 15 year veteran in that small group of elites.
So very true, and I don't disagree, but maybe just maybe, this team recognizes the flaw, this FO recognizes they have no choice but to roll with Dak, and maybe the hangup in negotiations is that understanding, and the FO wants an easy out without mortgaging the future build model of this team.
Why does this debate over Dak have to be I love Dak vs I hate Dak,,, that's so ridiculous to me.
I love Dak,,, but I hate the direction and future of this franchise with him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he put him self in that situation because he wants to be paid like a top QB and more than these winners. He will be scrutinized massively next season and when he chokes as expected , the fallout will be massive.
Alright man.....see you are a guy who's wishing for his failure. Guys like you I can't debate with.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Knowing your worth is not "greed". Its called "self-worth". Always know your worth because let me tell you Jerry does. Stephen does.

Yeah, Dak is worth being a QB. Guess we shall see.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you are right, there is lots of blame to go around , and jason is now gone . Dak played poorly against good teams and struggled with accuracy and engineering comebacks etc, , but he wants to be the top paid QB while he has proven nothing on the feild.
That hasn't been his 4 year history, and he actually did not play poorly against Minnesota, Buffalo, Chicago and the Rams. Admittedly he wasn't as consistent as desired in 2019, but that applies to the entire team, not just one position.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So very true, and I don't disagree, but maybe just maybe, this team recognizes the flaw, this FO recognizes they have no choice but to roll with Dak, and maybe the hangup in negotiations is that understanding, and the FO wants an easy out without mortgaging the future build model of this team.
Why does this debate over Dak have to be I love Dak vs I hate Dak,,, that's so ridiculous to me.
I love Dak,,, but I hate the direction and future of this franchise with him.
Sure the front office feels it has to roll with Dak, and of course they would like to have Mahomes, but they can't live in a dream world. Reality for an NFL team is to get the best QB it can along with the best players it can at other positions, and make the best team it can from that. Dreaming about a Mahomes level QB does not make it a realistic expectation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
agree , there is lots of blame to go around , and jason is now gone , zeke lost a lot of burst . But the fact is Dak played poorly against good teams and struggled with accuracy and engineering comebacks etc, , And now , he wants to be the top paid QB while he has proven nothing on the feild.
Dak played poorly against teams with decent coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stay on topic. We are talking about the Dallas Cowboys correct not the Packers or Saints. What does their excuses have it do with Dak mr me too? Dak can't be as good as y'all dudes lie about because its always an excuse. Y'all treat him like a special case that nothing can be said about him. Its always some whataboitism with Dak. Can this guy ever be talked about without mentioning some other QB?
Its sports. When do you ever talk sports without bringing up someone else lol? Oh its Dak...I forgot he plays by different rules when it comes to you guys.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was getting ready to post this. The author of the post makes some laughable content that is too be sure... Heck, Dak is already the most scrutinized player in the league!
The fans give him zero room for error, heck, all you have to do is read this forum everyday to see that. For the poster to somehow suggest that if Dak getting paid top
dollar is going to all of the sudden bring in a total lack of forgiveness he must of been sleeping through these last 3 years.

Dak is a very talented QB, anyone whom is objective and not working from some anti dak angle can see that. I'm pretty sure at this point Dak has thick skin and
looks at his performance honestly. He understands it's a team sport, but if you crunch the numbers, they tell you he is one of the tops at his position in the game today.
I know that boo birds don't want to acknowledge this but it's the facts.
Ya, even 2nd string backup QBs in this league are very talented players, loads of talent at this level, you cant even be a backup player in this league without talent.
The difference now, the modern era of the game is being the best at the QB position... unfortunately.
Watch KC suffer once they have to pay Mahomes a 2nd contract,, the trick is winning with an accurate gun slinger still on a rookie contract, and the bigger trick is drafting him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Those two QBs have rarely struggled to the extent you think they have.

Rodgers has never had a season as bad as Dak's. The last time Brees played as poorly as Dak did in 2017, it was 2007 (maybe 2010).
I think the fair thing to do is see how all these qb's play against playoff and non playoff teams and see if Daks splits are the norm or not. People love hyping his stats up but I see junk time stats but I'm curious to see how Dak would fare if we did all qb's like that. I see some players in every sport can feast on easy comp but as the comp gets better they don't look the same. I won't to know where Dak falls in comparison to the other qb's in the league. I think one of his QB brothers Cousins has similar dropoffs iirc but that was a while ago so I can't say for sure on him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Its sports. When do you ever talk sports without bringing up someone else lol? Oh its Dak...I forgot he plays by different rules when it comes to you guys.
Spare me your inferiority talk. You can talk Dak and this without bringing up others but your inferiority won't let you. What does what team a or b have to do with the Cowboys? Yeah if we're talking comparison yeah bringing up others make sense but this ain't no comparison. This is just saying the excuses will be gone from even more fans than is now but like I said you in that inferior stuff so feel the need to have Dak be a victim.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Spare me your inferiority talk. You can talk Dak and this without bringing up others but your inferiority won't let you. What does what team a or b have to do with the Cowboys? Yeah if we're talking comparison yeah bringing up others make sense but this ain't no comparison. This is just saying the excuses will be gone from even more fans than is now but like I said you in that inferior stuff so feel the need to have Dak be a victim.
Dak ain't nobody's victim. He threw for 30 touchdowns last year and 4900 and he's only 27 years old.

johneric8

Reaction score
Ya, even 2nd string backup QBs in this league are very talented players, loads of talent at this level, you cant even be a backup player in this league without talent.
The difference now, the modern era of the game is being the best at the QB position... unfortunately.
Watch KC suffer once they have to pay Mahomes a 2nd contract,, the trick is winning with an accurate gun slinger still on a rookie contract, and the bigger trick is drafting him.

Yes, it's great to win with a over achieving QB on a cheap rookie contract, but this is not the norm as you know. The one thing that irritates me when people evaluate our success or lack thereof over the last few years, they always seem to put too much criticism on individual moving parts as opposed to our lame duck coach. Yes I know that Garrett got his fair share of laughs, but to me it all ends with Garrett. I think our team has been lucky to have had much of any success with such a mediocre and soft head coach. Just look at when we played the Rams in the playoffs, heck Dak wasn't great but our defense was an abomination. Dak started coming back in that game but the defense folded. If the defense shut out the rams 2nd half and Dak stayed on pace that would of been a great win for him and the team.

Dak has shown that he isn't a 2nd string caliber QB when he helped Romo retire. The guy was literally so good that Romo could never get back on the field. If you look at his winning percentage and his QBR that is enough to tell you he is far from a talented 2nd stringer. If you look at where were at right now realistically, Dak is a great option to have because there isn't anyone out there right now thats available that will come in and do what he can do. I do love Dak, he is my favorite players so I'm a bit biased, but I like Dak for all that he encompasses. You can't really blame Dak for playing the game and trying to get as much as he can, this might be his one and only big payday. If the money is there, you gotta go for it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak ain't nobody's victim. He threw for 30 touchdowns last year and 4900 and he's only 27 years old.
Jameis did about the same thing and a similar age so spare me those empty behind calories you're hyping up