Dak camp recap

starfan1

Reaction score
Because Last year's interceptions were a concern and apparently the change of Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Philosophy is supposed to cure that. So we are all tuning in very attentively

We are all curious as to the progressions in Dak's game. . sadly for Dak he plays a ball hawking defense and they will not allow him to play in thr Preseason . . . so practice is all we got to gage things
And you weren’t on the Dak hate parade prior to last year ? Lol

GoldenR

Reaction score
49ers-- playoff game, 23-40,200 yards, 1TD, 2 PICKS before halftime 49ers--playoff game,250yards, 23-45. 1TD, 1PICK QBR avg=55 The only stats that matter is these. Facts and have a good day.

blueblood70

Reaction score

right, when people just hear interceptions, they're just automatically thinking Oh my God.... but that's what almost 9 to 10 full games of Throws and he has about 25 touchdowns & seven interceptions playing vanilla ball against the defense that knows all your plays.

Plus its known fact you do take more risk and practice trying to get your tight ends and wide receivers used to tight window catches 50-50 balls. I mean you are putting it up in the air a little bit more than you might in the regular season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
49ers-- playoff game, 23-40,200 yards, 1TD, 2 PICKS before halftime 49ers--playoff game,250yards, 23-45. 1TD, 1PICK QBR avg=55 The only stats that matter is these. Facts and have a good day.
OK troll,

nice try, that was last year and the year before and you might want to add in the 11 penalties on the offensive line, 3 on defense and no run game in 2021 against the 49ers....

you think that was fun for a quarterback to have no run game and playing behind the chains all day because your offensive line can't handle the 49ers defense?? Do we brush all the debo Samuels 10 yards per carry in the first half against the defense right under the carpet??? I mean all the mistakes made by other players and coaches do we just throw those away because all you're focused on is the quarterback?​

Last year, same thing,

show me that vaunted run game we had in the 90s and we had with Roger Staubach show me that coaching staff that actually could match wits with a better defensive coordinators....

I don't see them, I saw no run game at all, if you think 3 yards per carry which people said were pretty good and then we lost Tony Pollard and it was 2 yards per carry they were playing one-dimensional football on offense, defense was playing coverage because it was THAT EASY to stop the run and get pressure with normal fronts and nobody was making plays but CD lamb!

literally there was no offense and you expect a quarterback to play under those conditions like play really well??! I would be frustrated as a quarterback too if I come into my third straight game in the playoffs that we lost with no run game and no support from the offensive line.. nobody really making any plays, we are playing a top three defense in the entire NFL two years in a row and had no answer for it that's not on Prescott alone, ok ...

Jeez what trolls just keeping they get to come in and hit and run a ridiculous statement with zero context..​
. Go ahead show me a playoff game like Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach rolled in with and had that kind of run game and offensive line and the coaching staff that literally knew how to adjust in a game and try to get things back on track even if they started out slow show me Emmett Smith and Tony Dorsett in the playoffs 4 Prescott show me those games where he had it working around him and that he didn't show up you give him some of that and he'll give you better quarterback play.. And yet there were games where Roger and Troy in the playoffs one had 17 interceptions the other 19 for their careers in the playoff games they literally threw interceptions in Super Bowls and yet they still won why is that Yup a team game that's what it is Prescott has a better touchdown interception ratio than both of them he could use some help like they got..

Now back to reality in the debate with people who actually have a clue about football and team concepts. That's how a team plays together and through turmoil that's what championship playoff runs are all about and we have not had that as a team in 27 years they have not had consistent play from the best positions especially in the trenches. And the story...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not recall any QB in history having training camp stats made public. Not even sure if teams even keep them.

The level of scrutiny from the media on this QB is only going to get matched by the comparison between McCarthy and Moore's play calling.

America's Team, the gift to a lazy media.

shabazz

Reaction score
So now we're measuring Dak by his practice stats? Where no one is trying to rip his head off?
I refuse to count any interceptions that were tipped, wrong route run, or thrown on a Monday Wednesday or Friday between the hours of 9am to 5 pm.

Let’s be fair here

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m hoping for Dak to take a step this season. I’m really hoping this offensive scheme plays to his strengths.

shabazz

Reaction score
I do not recall any QB in history having training camp stats made public. Not even sure if teams even keep them.

The level of scrutiny from the media on this QB is only going to get matched by the comparison between McCarthy and Moore's play calling.

Coach, like I posted before, I’ve seen TC highlights and stats posted by a lot of sports media concerning several quarterbacks and not just Dak. Rodgers stats have been scrutinized the most. Ive seen at least 7 or 8 qbs stats under the scope in TC.

It’s seems to be focused on the qbs that have had a previously disappointing season like Russell Wilson or qbs with new teams like Carr with the Bucs…….I think it’s just a matter of fans wanting to get as much info on these qbs and the beat reporters supplying the inside dope

Th first highlight of TC and qbs I saw was Mayfield and Trask getting vilified because they couldn’t hit a receiver with zero coverage on the receivers…… so it may not be just a witch-hunt on the Boys.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Ever since last season ended that's exactly what's happened they have put a microscope on Prescott and this Cowboys offense and they won't let up and it's unusual to say the least especially because these stats for one are not official they're guessing and for two they're playing each other the offense and defense know each other very well they know what's coming it's all vanilla it's all straight up and it's practice. I mean if you just played the same team for 17 games that knew all your plays this is what it would look like.... There's a lot of back and forth and Even so with those stats above that's about 9 games worth of stats for Prescott 25 touchdowns and seven interceptions isn't that bad.. Even in a situation where we know the stats are not official and that we're playing vanilla offense against a vanilla defense who know each other 's plays they've been doing it since March.. I think people forget about this they they don't even think about it like how silly this is to be doing this and very little feedback you get from other teams although when they do go up and try to count them up there was some stories about Brock Purdy already having 12 interception is very limited training camp... So I wouldn't think anything of it these people are just clueless they just listen to what's posted because these pretty pathetic excuses for media coverage have made their own stat sheets up and started counting things as if they were official with no context whatsoever..