Dak camp recap

blueblood70

Reaction score
CeeDee is outstanding but holy cow some of those throws were pretty bad and/or not good looks. Good thing CeeDee fights back to the ball so well
are you kidding me what exactly are you watching just about every one of those throws are exactly where they needed to be they were nearly perfect throws but the situation and by the way show me a quarterback who puts the ball in someone's chest on every play throws a perfect ball on every play you do realize the top 10 plays of the week the highlight reel catches from some of the best quarterbacks around the league would not be highlight reel catches if they were not off target.. It is equally the job of the receivers and tight ends to be able to catch balls that are not perfectly on target.. Some of the ridiculous statements in here I gotta believe you guys do not watch much football and understand that this is how most throws look is how most catches look all around the league from every quarterback you trying to tell me that none of Patrick mahomes tight ends and wide receivers have ever had to stop and go back for a ball or had to reach up or dive for a football?? I watched them same real you didn't all I got from it those were a bunch of very good plays from the entire offense they completed the passes most of them were on time on target how are we gonna talk about CD lamb dropping that big one against the giants I mean wide open down the field where they hit him in stride a bit of a walk in touchdown I mean do we wanna go through and find all the ones that wide receiver should have caught last year that didn't that banked off their hands that they ran the wrong route some of the receivers were running the same routes within two feet of each other I mean do we wanna go there and show how other players are flawed as well??

Listening to your feedback I say that you're a dack troll hating fan with your eyes shut because you don't wanna understand that this is pretty much how the NFL works this is how football works nobody throws perfect passes or makes every catch it is how it is there would not be highlight reels if it weren't.. You can say that about other positions running backs when they have to be forced to make a spin move or break tackles you know what that means the offensive line wasn't doing their job but the running back was went the extra mile to make the offense look better that is the job of every NFL player..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach, like I posted before, I’ve seen TC highlights and stats posted by a lot of sports media concerning several quarterbacks and not just Dak. Rodgers stats have been scrutinized the most. IVe seen at least 5 other qbs stats under the scope in TC.

It’s seems to be focused on the qbs that have had a previously disappointing season like Russell Wilson or qbs with new teams like Carr with the Bucs…….I think it’s just a matter of fans wanting to get as much info on these qbs and the beat reporters supplying the inside dope

Th first highlight of TC and qbs I saw was Mayfield and Trask getting vilified because they could hit a receiver with zero coverage on the receivers…… so it may not be just a witch-hunt on the Boys.
I haven't followed the preseason that closely but the happiest person in the NFL for Prescott's picks last season and the ensuing speculation is Russell Wilson. If the medai wasn't so preoccupied with the Cowboys, he would have been roasted.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m hoping for Dak to take a step this season. I’m really hoping this offensive scheme plays to his strengths.
Literally you are blind or clueless or don't watch a lot of football that little thing between CD lamb and Prescott was one of the best connections I've seen literally almost every one of those balls were thrown where it was supposed to and some of the ones that were slightly off target that happens all around the league from some of the best quarterbacks ever or there wouldn't be a top ten highlight reel on ESPN for catches that were off target.. I watched it three times trying to find what you were looking for and that was a great connection those were great plays by both quarterback and receiver and many times where you see CD lamb stop and change directions when he didn't have to was him looking for YAC, literally stopped and turned on purpose instead of running through the football and just taking what that play give him... he was looking for bigger plays that's him stopping,

I watched it three times.. What exactly did you see in that little clip 2 1/2 minutes long and say yeah that was bad for Prescott really not even close to the truth..

shabazz

Reaction score
I haven't followed the preseason that closely but the happiest person in the NFL for Prescott's picks last season and the ensuing speculation is Russell Wilson. If the medai wasn't so preoccupied with the Cowboys, he would have been roasted.
I should have mentioned that we do agree on one thing you said….the Media is flat lazy with a loss of intellectual curiosity of facts and vetting Information they peddle to the masses

GoldenR

Reaction score
OK troll,

nice try, that was last year and the year before and you might want to add in the 11 penalties on the offensive line, 3 on defense and no run game in 2021 against the 49ers....

you think that was fun for a quarterback to have no run game and playing behind the chains all day because your offensive line can't handle the 49ers defense?? Do we brush all the debo Samuels 10 yards per carry in the first half against the defense right under the carpet??? I mean all the mistakes made by other players and coaches do we just throw those away because all you're focused on is the quarterback?​

Last year, same thing,

show me that vaunted run game we had in the 90s and we had with Roger Staubach show me that coaching staff that actually could match wits with a better defensive coordinators....

I don't see them, I saw no run game at all, if you think 3 yards per carry which people said were pretty good and then we lost Tony Pollard and it was 2 yards per carry they were playing one-dimensional football on offense, defense was playing coverage because it was THAT EASY to stop the run and get pressure with normal fronts and nobody was making plays but CD lamb!

literally there was no offense and you expect a quarterback to play under those conditions like play really well??! I would be frustrated as a quarterback too if I come into my third straight game in the playoffs that we lost with no run game and no support from the offensive line.. nobody really making any plays, we are playing a top three defense in the entire NFL two years in a row and had no answer for it that's not on Prescott alone, ok ...

Jeez what trolls just keeping they get to come in and hit and run a ridiculous statement with zero context..​
. Go ahead show me a playoff game like Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach rolled in with and had that kind of run game and offensive line and the coaching staff that literally knew how to adjust in a game and try to get things back on track even if they started out slow show me Emmett Smith and Tony Dorsett in the playoffs 4 Prescott show me those games where he had it working around him and that he didn't show up you give him some of that and he'll give you better quarterback play.. And yet there were games where Roger and Troy in the playoffs one had 17 interceptions the other 19 for their careers in the playoff games they literally threw interceptions in Super Bowls and yet they still won why is that Yup a team game that's what it is Prescott has a better touchdown interception ratio than both of them he could use some help like they got..

Now back to reality in the debate with people who actually have a clue about football and team concepts. That's how a team plays together and through turmoil that's what championship playoff runs are all about and we have not had that as a team in 27 years they have not had consistent play from the best positions especially in the trenches. And the story...
Keep workin that narrative for Dak chief. 55 qbr and singlehandedly lost both games. have a good day.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Practice stats??? You might as well tell me how many times he took a dump and had diarrhea.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
The only way to look at anyone's TC stats is to know they are 100% meaningless. Good or bad they are not based in reality.

Shane612

Reaction score
I'd like to see Dak and the first unit play about half a preseason game...or about about 3-4 series...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Keep workin that narrative for Dak chief. 55 qbr and singlehandedly lost both games. have a good day.
Disagree there's no single handedly in competitive team sports as i literally listed the multiple handed issues. Good try King Troll ofgoldenrivers....

Maybe you ought to go cover tennis and corn hole, it's more your speed now you have someone truly to blame you know the only one person that's playing.

wait Better yet, competitive speed knitting is your thing.. get a clue minion.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
are you kidding me what exactly are you watching just about every one of those throws are exactly where they needed to be they were nearly perfect throws but the situation and by the way show me a quarterback who puts the ball in someone's chest on every play throws a perfect ball on every play you do realize the top 10 plays of the week the highlight reel catches from some of the best quarterbacks around the league would not be highlight reel catches if they were not off target.. It is equally the job of the receivers and tight ends to be able to catch balls that are not perfectly on target.. Some of the ridiculous statements in here I gotta believe you guys do not watch much football and understand that this is how most throws look is how most catches look all around the league from every quarterback you trying to tell me that none of Patrick mahomes tight ends and wide receivers have ever had to stop and go back for a ball or had to reach up or dive for a football?? I watched them same real you didn't all I got from it those were a bunch of very good plays from the entire offense they completed the passes most of them were on time on target how are we gonna talk about CD lamb dropping that big one against the giants I mean wide open down the field where they hit him in stride a bit of a walk in touchdown I mean do we wanna go through and find all the ones that wide receiver should have caught last year that didn't that banked off their hands that they ran the wrong route some of the receivers were running the same routes within two feet of each other I mean do we wanna go there and show how other players are flawed as well??

Listening to your feedback I say that you're a dack troll hating fan with your eyes shut because you don't wanna understand that this is pretty much how the NFL works this is how football works nobody throws perfect passes or makes every catch it is how it is there would not be highlight reels if it weren't.. You can say that about other positions running backs when they have to be forced to make a spin move or break tackles you know what that means the offensive line wasn't doing their job but the running back was went the extra mile to make the offense look better that is the job of every NFL player..
Oh no someone disagrees with me so I am going to insult them and call them names because if I don't I simply can't live with myself knowing someone is critical of Dak. Waaaahhhhhhhhhh :thumbdown:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive never seen someones practivlce stats be looked at quite like Daks has

Not saying its never happened but his practice stats has been under a microscope
Everyone acts like the cowboys and dak are so overly targeted in the media...

Thursday...NFL network morning show ran a story on some player interviewed wearing a bucket hat and sunglasses.

That was the whole story...what he wore.

If that were dak some a ya would flip out.

McMicah

Reaction score
Literally you are blind or clueless or don't watch a lot of football that little thing between CD lamb and Prescott was one of the best connections I've seen literally almost every one of those balls were thrown where it was supposed to and some of the ones that were slightly off target that happens all around the league from some of the best quarterbacks ever or there wouldn't be a top ten highlight reel on ESPN for catches that were off target.. I watched it three times trying to find what you were looking for and that was a great connection those were great plays by both quarterback and receiver and many times where you see CD lamb stop and change directions when he didn't have to was him looking for YAC, literally stopped and turned on purpose instead of running through the football and just taking what that play give him... he was looking for bigger plays that's him stopping,

I watched it three times.. What exactly did you see in that little clip 2 1/2 minutes long and say yeah that was bad for Prescott really not even close to the truth..
Well…I’m not sure you know what double coverage means, but Dak threw into a lot of that in that 2.5 mins. Also, turn your audio up and there are multiple times the professional announcers are saying “that was a bit underthrown” or “not sure I would have made that throw right there”, but what do those guys know. They aren’t die hard cowboys homers, they are just stupid paid analysts. Dak is a perfect angel that can do know wrong despite leading the league in INTs last and despite not playing 1/3 of the season.

If you attack anyone that makes critical comments about your favorite player, then you aren’t able to have objective evaluations, so debating you is meaningless. I praise Dak when he does things well, and I criticize him when he doesn’t. I praised Micah when he took over games and criticized him when disappeared at the end of the season.

There’s nothing wrong with being objective. It doesn’t make you not a fan. If you find yourself always blaming other things than Dak no matter how many times he has a bad game, that might be worth some introspection

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well…I’m not sure you know what double coverage means, but Dak threw into a lot of that in that 2.5 mins. Also, turn your audio up and there are multiple times the professional announcers are saying “that was a bit underthrown” or “not sure I would have made that throw right there”, but what do those guys know. They aren’t die hard cowboys homers, they are just stupid paid analysts. Dak is a perfect angel that can do know wrong despite leading the league in INTs last and despite not playing 1/3 of the season.

If you attack anyone that makes critical comments about your favorite player, then you aren’t able to have objective evaluations, so debating you is meaningless. I praise Dak when he does things well, and I criticize him when he doesn’t. I praised Micah when he took over games and criticized him when disappeared at the end of the season.

There’s nothing wrong with being objective. It doesn’t make you not a fan. If you find yourself always blaming other things than Dak no matter how many times he has a bad game, that might be worth some introspection
But you’re not objective. You have an agenda longer than Harvard law school.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
49ers-- playoff game, 23-40,200 yards, 1TD, 2 PICKS before halftime 49ers--playoff game,250yards, 23-45. 1TD, 1PICK QBR avg=55 The only stats that matter is these. Facts and have a good day.
Like most Dak haters his good playoff games don’t count.

McMicah

Reaction score
But you’re not objective. You have an agenda longer than Harvard law school.
How am I not objective. I have plenty of posts from last year praising Dak. He’s was absolutely unstoppable against some teams. I just recently posted that I thought this new offensive scheme would make him very effective and bring out his strengths. Where is the agenda in that? I’m I luring you to sleep only to bash Dak when you least suspect it?

The problem is, I’m one of like 6 people on this site who doesn’t come in here with pitchforks, and my opinion can change based on what I see. And most people don’t know how to deal with people like that. I did an offensive line deep dive where I admitted I judged Josh Ball based on populist opinion, but he was by far the best IOL in that game, and I reversed my opinion. I also felt Waletzko didn’t have a very good game, and he’s been my pet cat for 2 years.

I don’t have an agenda. Even if I did, what do you think I’m trying to do with it? Create a following and lead an uprising on a random cowboys forum website?

I think Dak is a good qb that is great sometimes and stinks sometimes, which averages out to good. One of his most infuriating traits is that inconsistency. When’s he’s great, I’ll say it. When he stinks, I’ll say it, and I’ll probably be a bit ticked because I want him to be great and it’s enraging when he stinks

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How am I not objective. I have plenty of posts from last year praising Dak. He’s was absolutely unstoppable against some teams. I just recently posted that I thought this new offensive scheme would make him very effective and bring out his strengths. Where is the agenda in that? I’m I luring you to sleep only to bash Dak when you least suspect it?

The problem is, I’m one of like 6 people on this site who doesn’t come in here with pitchforks, and my opinion can change based on what I see. And most people don’t know how to deal with people like that. I did an offensive line deep dive where I admitted I judged Josh Ball based on populist opinion, but he was by far the best IOL in that game, and I reversed my opinion. I also felt Waletzko didn’t have a very good game, and he’s been my pet cat for 2 years.

I don’t have an agenda. Even if I did, what do you think I’m trying to do with it? Create a following and lead an uprising on a random cowboys forum website?

I think Dak is a good qb that is great sometimes and stinks sometimes, which averages out to good. One of his most infuriating traits is that inconsistency. When’s he’s great, I’ll say it. When he stinks, I’ll say it, and I’ll probably be a bit ticked because I want him to be great and it’s enraging when he stinks
You’re like a jumping bean, Dak has a good game he’s great, Dak has a bad game he sucks. Make up your mind.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score

So How many BAD Games has he had ? For Instance He's 8-3 vs the Eagles. You give out advice , take it......... introspectively of course