Dak can make every throw

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I've been on this forum almost everyday for what is coming up on 15 years. Not once have I EVER seen one fan on this forum hate on Dak and want him to fail. So my question is, why do you guys keep making up things and passing them as a thing? Criticism does not count as hate. If someone last year said Dak needs to improve on pocket presence, take more chance over the middle, etc. It is an observation made that could be a result of Dak still growing as a young qb, OR our scheme was inefficient last year due to bad coaching. There are a few differences from last year, the main one being Moore at coordinator. It's week one, let's put a streak together, we can be happy, but we can also still be wary of the progress that was shown. It's a long season, enjoy the ride.
Yeah I agree with this. You can’t even speak on Dak without being labeled a hater or worse. It’s very annoying.

Cap12

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with this. You can’t even speak on Dak without being labeled a hater or worse. It’s very annoying.
I've been pretty critical about Dak in the past and been called a "hater" and that is the farthest thing from the truth. Anytime a team can find an unpolished gem who has the potential to be a franchise QB at the bottom of the 4th round, should have a proud fanbase. Dak is still a work-in-progress, but I am heartened by what I saw on Sunday. Aside from a few passes behind his targets and underthrows, Dak did a whale of a job on Sunday.

As far as your comment about pre-season, you are again missing my point. I don't care about the result of the plays in preseason because they don't have any bearing on anything. What I DO care is about (and what DOES mean something is) Dak's approach and technique in those games and the fact that he executed in an even better way against the Giants. That is my argument. Dak has shown improvement based upon my eye-test. Whether it's Kitna or some light that has gone off in his head, Dak has shown that he's finally understanding how to play the position at a high level. Whether this translates into longterm success or not still needs to be determined, but judging Dak simply on his past season's shortcomings (and failing to acknowledge that he seems to have made some improvements) is illogical.

One thing that can't really be argued is that Dak has had some success in the past. What seems to have changed is that it seems Dak is relying more on the scheme and his teammates instead of simply on his athletic ability and the talented O-Line. to give him time to make something happen. That had been one of my major knocks on Dak was he held the ball too long and didn't trust his targets to get to their spots. That is part of why he didn't connect more with Gallup last season. I was heartened on some of the long connections he had with Gallup on Sunday. We actually saw more YAC too across the board.

foofighters

Reaction score
No, it's ur bad for not comprehending that every pass is not going to be perfect, and for not sitting back and enjoying a complete and utter swamping of our opponent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thread was started by stating Dak can make every throw. I stated that he's still underthrowing the ball. I never said he was bad. I never said we could have lost the game due to that. I was just merely making an observation. I also said he did have a great game. He did look a lot better. and I did enjoy the game.

Cap12

Reaction score
This thread was started by stating Dak can make every throw. I stated that he's still underthrowing the ball. I never said he was bad. I never said we could have lost the game due to that. I was just merely making an observation. I also said he did have a great game. He did look a lot better. and I did enjoy the game.

I think it can be said that Dak could always make "all the throws"; just not consistently. So far, his underthrows and throw behinds were not as bad as last season. I think this is because he's trusting his receivers and reads more and getting the ball out faster. This also meant that even if off-target, his passes were close enough that his receivers could more easily make plays on the ball. More importantly, he had more passes that WERE on-target. He threw a number of sweet passes to Gallup and Cooper.

Things should continue to improveI think his new approach and continuing to develop his rapport with his receivers should hopefully lead to a special season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've been on this forum almost everyday for what is coming up on 15 years. Not once have I EVER seen one fan on this forum hate on Dak and want him to fail. So my question is, why do you guys keep making up things and passing them as a thing? Criticism does not count as hate. If someone last year said Dak needs to improve on pocket presence, take more chance over the middle, etc. It is an observation made that could be a result of Dak still growing as a young qb, OR our scheme was inefficient last year due to bad coaching. There are a few differences from last year, the main one being Moore at coordinator. It's week one, let's put a streak together, we can be happy, but we can also still be wary of the progress that was shown. It's a long season, enjoy the ride.

I’m sure the large majority of posters don’t “hate” Dak. “Hate” is the wrong word. Although there are certain posters that take their criticisms to an extreme like Pappy or Risen Star (who literally does say he hates Dak).

That being said. Some of the criticisms of Dak are over the top, and frankly, inaccurate. So it’s only natural that people are going to call out posters when they post those inaccurate criticisms or make arguments against them.

Similar to how sometimes people go overboard in defending Dak as well.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I've been pretty critical about Dak in the past and been called a "hater" and that is the farthest thing from the truth. Anytime a team can find an unpolished gem who has the potential to be a franchise QB at the bottom of the 4th round, should have a proud fanbase. Dak is still a work-in-progress, but I am heartened by what I saw on Sunday. Aside from a few passes behind his targets and underthrows, Dak did a whale of a job on Sunday.

As far as your comment about pre-season, you are again missing my point. I don't care about the result of the plays in preseason because they don't have any bearing on anything. What I DO care is about (and what DOES mean something is) Dak's approach and technique in those games and the fact that he executed in an even better way against the Giants. That is my argument. Dak has shown improvement based upon my eye-test. Whether it's Kitna or some light that has gone off in his head, Dak has shown that he's finally understanding how to play the position at a high level. Whether this translates into longterm success or not still needs to be determined, but judging Dak simply on his past season's shortcomings (and failing to acknowledge that he seems to have made some improvements) is illogical.

One thing that can't really be argued is that Dak has had some success in the past. What seems to have changed is that it seems Dak is relying more on the scheme and his teammates instead of simply on his athletic ability and the talented O-Line. to give him time to make something happen. That had been one of my major knocks on Dak was he held the ball too long and didn't trust his targets to get to their spots. That is part of why he didn't connect more with Gallup last season. I was heartened on some of the long connections he had with Gallup on Sunday. We actually saw more YAC too across the board.
I’m not missing your point at all. You want me to care about stuff you care about regarding Dak and I don’t. All this preseason business I don’t care what you saw it means nothing to me. Preseason doesn’t mean much of anything so if that’s what you want to use to hype Dak do that. I don’t agree so hopefully you stop bringing that up if that’s your “argument” to me. I care about what goes on now and he’s started off nicely now let’s see if he continues it.

I also am not a fan of the Dak has had success like he plays singles tennis. Y’all can do that but I’ve never done that with regards to any qb because I think it’s stupid to give solo credit for W/L in a team game with few exceptions of course.

Cap12

Reaction score
I’m not missing your point at all. You want me to care about stuff you care about regarding Dak and I don’t. All this preseason business I don’t care what you saw it means nothing to me. Preseason doesn’t mean much of anything so if that’s what you want to use to hype Dak do that. I don’t agree so hopefully you stop bringing that up if that’s your “argument” to me. I care about what goes on now and he’s started off nicely now let’s see if he continues it.

I also am not a fan of the Dak has had success like he plays singles tennis. Y’all can do that but I’ve never done that with regards to any qb because I think it’s stupid to give solo credit for W/L in a team game with few exceptions of course.

Again,you can disregard my points but that does that invalidate them. You don't have to care about them either. You can also irrationally state that my point about Dak using preseason to improve his approach and mechanics means nothing to you. Most Cowboy fans don't give a wit about Dak's preseason stats, but I think we are all happy to see that he has shown improvement. The eye test shows a different QB from last season and that is something I think we can all hang our hats on. Dak doesn't deserve solo creidt for the win, but he certainly played a big role in it. It's a long season, but I don't see many issues on the offensive side of the football that we need to be worried about. Now ask me about the D... right now, I'm more worried about our defensve than I am about Dak Prescott.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again,you can disregard my points but that does that invalidate them. You don't have to care about them either. You can also irrationally state that my point about Dak using preseason to improve his approach and mechanics means nothing to you. Most Cowboy fans don't give a wit about Dak's preseason stats, but I think we are all happy to see that he has shown improvement. The eye test shows a different QB from last season and that is something I think we can all hang our hats on. Dak doesn't deserve solo creidt for the win, but he certainly played a big role in it. It's a long season, but I don't see many issues on the offensive side of the football that we need to be worried about. Now ask me about the D... right now, I'm more worried about our defensve than I am about Dak Prescott.
Yes I'm disregarding your points about Dak according to you so now what?

jnday

Reaction score
Here’s a better idea: don’t tell strangers on the internet what words they should and shouldn’t say.

Makes you sound like a self-righteous tool.
Pot- kettle at it’s best.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I am not saying Dak is terrible. Lol, just pointing out that this has been an issue his entire career. He did look better overall but still has some work to do. You Dak lover's are awful sensitive.

Nope - not a Dak lover beyond the fact that he QBs my team. In his defense though, I'm sure Prescott would be the first to agree with you.

Jipper

Reaction score
here I'll start the chant....

Yes he can, yes he can...YES HE CAN, YES HE CAN.....

YEAH

kskboys

Reaction score
Underthrowing a few passes has nothing to do w/ being able to make every throw.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Last week was one of Dak's most accurate games when throwing the long ball.
These three throws weren't easy.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I wanted romo to win too but i knew he would never lead us to a superbowl. Too inconsistent and turnover prone. He was the catalyst of our sloppy play. He was an above average qb and was just not a winner

When we lost the game to Commanders in the win or go home game vs RG3, I knew then and there it pribably wasn't to be.

Then it was reaffirmed when Romo played the game of his life vs Peyton Manning and still choked the game away with history staring him in the face.

Great QB but's black cat career. Asked to do so much, then never dialed in down.