Dak can make every throw

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak made nice deep throws today. He was making bad ones last year. There's no need to deny either fact.
He had zero offseason with Gallup and Cooper in 2018.

Those of us who understand football always knew that those connections would be more consistent once they could actually work together to develop chemistry.

Dak’s haters SWORE that this wasn’t true. They SWORE that it was all on Dak, and that he was incapable of hitting those passes.

“EYE TEST!” - “CAN’T THROW DEEP!” - “NO ARM TALENT!” - This was the only recourse they had left. That is dead now. Dak can make all the throws and he proved that.

Hmm, I guess that means we’ll have to judge Dak based on the results - his 33-16 career record and outstanding stats.

Again, I am so, so sorry.

Nav22

Reaction score
What people fail to understand with stats is that they don't quantify the *opportunities* the QB had, only the *results* of those opportunities.

Teams have been daring Dak to beat them deep since 2017, and he couldn't do it enough to beat *them*.

Today he did. Two nice balls to Cooper and Gallup. Should have gotten Olawale too, but he got some real rush that put Olawale farther downfield than makes for a good throw.

Show me all the QBs *missing* the same number of wide open shots Dak missed.
Dak is 20-13 since 2017.

And that’s with teams, according to you, “daring him to beat them deep” and Dak not being able to.
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
I never cry to the mods. The mods are familiar with me. Only small children use the word "hate". Get over yourself and enjoy the level of football the Cowboys are playing. 1 game down. 15 to go.
“I never cry to the mods, I cry to the posters who have upset me directly!”
:angry::angry::angry:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!

Dak had a great game with some nice throws against probably the worst defense in the NFL.
Another great performance against who else again....the Giants!
It will be a pleasure to wear that dummy hat and eat all the crow in the world if Dak can do the same against some quality defenses?
I mean common without wanting to be a party pooper here did you see how much time Dak had to throw lol and how the DB we're in outer space back there?
Do you think the Bears,Saints,Pats,,Eagles,Vikes defenses are going to give him that luxury cause we're looking for Superbowl here not just beating the Giants with our passing game twice a year.
Hey I hope your right bud even though personally you know what low opinion I have of you and your general attitude here!
In the end its the Cowboys that supersede all of us....so GO BOYS!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If olawale was a true wr, he would have stopped and let the defender run out of the play. But he didn't and the ball hit the defender on the helmet.
Had he went up and let the defender, who didn't look back, run into him it would have been pass interference.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak had a great game with some nice throws against probably the worst defense in the NFL.
Another great performance against who else again....the Giants!
It will be a pleasure to wear that dummy hat and eat all the crow in the world if Dak can do the same against some quality defenses?
I mean common without wanting to be a party pooper here did you see how much time Dak had to throw lol and how the DB we're in outer space back there?
Do you think the Bears,Saints,Pats,,Eagles,Vikes defenses are going to give him that luxury cause we're looking for Superbowl here not just beating the Giants with our passing game twice a year.
Hey I hope your right bud even though personally you know what low opinion I have of you and your general attitude here!
In the end its the Cowboys that supersede all of us....so GO BOYS!
Didn’t you call Dak a “running QB”?

Didn’t you say Dak was incapable of completing deep passes? That all he could do was “dink and dunk”?

Haven’t you obsessed over ripping Dak to shreds all offseason?

Didn’t you say you’d rather have Colt McCoy as your QB?

Yeah, you’re getting ripped to shreds and you deserve every bit of it.

33-16 record. 89 total TD, 25 INT for his career. He’s been mostly terrific for us and you haven’t appreciated it one bit, instead acting like a buffoon whose team is being QB’d by a complete and total scrub.

You don’t know football. Like, at all.

Brax

Reaction score
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!
This is one game, he played great no doubt about it, and he did look different. But in 3 years how many just as bad games did he have. Enjoyed the game, hope this continues but until he plays against a few quality teams and does this I would say enjoy it and lets just wait to see a little more.

Nav22

Reaction score
This is one game, he played great no doubt about it, and he did look different. But in 3 years how many just as bad games did he have. Enjoyed the game, hope this continues but until he plays against a few quality teams and does this I would say enjoy it and lets just wait to see a little more.
He has FAR more good games than bad games in his young career.

That’s why he has a 33-16 record with 89 total TD/25 INT.

That’s why he’ll soon be making over $30 mil/year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Didn’t you call Dak a “running QB”?

Didn’t you say Dak was incapable of completing deep passes? That all he could do was “dink and dunk”?

Haven’t you obsessed over ripping Dak to shreds all offseason?

Didn’t you say you’d rather have Colt McCoy as your QB?

Yeah, you’re getting ripped to shreds and you deserve every bit of it.

33-16 record. 89 total TD, 25 INT for his career. He’s been mostly terrific for us and you haven’t appreciated it one bit, instead acting like a buffoon whose team is being QB’d by a complete and total scrub.

You don’t know football. Like, at all.
How cute, the brainless troll updated his mantra: 33-16! I legit thought you would just keep on using 32-16 since you apparently signed a contract with Dak’s agency to say 32-16 in every single one if your posts this summer. Bravo.
You just have to laugh at the stupidity and child like mind of trolls who are trolling this hard after one game. I mean NFL Week 1 overreaction has become a cliche at this point so I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s still jarring to see people embarrass themselves like this. I have no doubt you are already working on your drivel blaming Garrett, Moore, the offensive line, Zeke, Jerry and God knows who else when the games don’t go as well as this. Like literally where else do you go from here on the scale of stupid after ranting and raving like a lunatic because of one game?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Dak was high early and slightly off target. But once he got into a groove, he schooled Eli.

This is interesting. Per PFTS, Dak was inaccurate on 7 of his first 12 passes, yet of those 7, 3 were incomplete, four were caught, one a huge gain to Cooper, and another was a TD. Aikman mentioned it early in the game that Dak was slightly off, but after the TD pass to Jarwin, he was lights out.

I have always questioned his accuracy, but last night, I happily ate crow. I am not going to anoint him like the OP, because we need to see this kind of game consistently, but I am really pleased with what seems to be amazing growth. In addition, I just might have been dead wrong about Kellen Moore. I will happily eat that crow too when the time comes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How cute, the brainless troll updated his mantra: 33-16! I legit thought you would just keep on using 32-16 since you apparently signed a contract with Dak’s agency to say 32-16 in every single one if your posts this summer. Bravo.
You just have to laugh at the stupidity and child like mind of trolls who are trolling this hard after one game. I mean NFL Week 1 overreaction has become a cliche at this point so I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s still jarring to see people embarrass themselves like this. I have no doubt you are already working on your drivel blaming Garrett, Moore, the offensive line, Zeke, Jerry and God knows who else when the games don’t go as well as this. Like literally where else do you go from here on the scale of stupid after ranting and raving like a lunatic because of one game?
Correct..... how fast will Moore and Co. will go from Kings to Goats with these Dak-employees here is a Guarantee happening!!!

P.S. I can hear them now...hey anyone see the excuse bag???

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t want to get into a Dak argument.

Here is the deal.

Of course Dak can make all the throws. He has always had physical talent. His physical talent was never actually in question even in his scouting reports. It was always his mechanics and ability to anticipate.

Well mechanics are correctable. And anticipation gets better with experience and developmental.

So Dak improving from last year does not surprise me at all.

Keep it going Dak

Blake

Reaction score

You're just an old bag of wind. No one that has an ounce of credibility takes you serious. But go on and keep typing your excessively long tirades. I gurantee you no one is reading them.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't think that Dak is over all "average".He still has some deficiencies in his game, but he has shown some improvement. What makes Dak show flashes of greatness are his intangibles and leadership. While he can't consistently "make all the throws", he can make a lot of them and he keeps getting better. When Dak displays greatness it is because of things that can't be taught. You either have it or don't and Dak has it. I think when you take a snapshot of the guy at this point in his career, he is an upper tier, QB, but not an elite one. At least not yet. He's certainly not average.
I think he’s overall average because the games like yesterday haven’t currently been the norm. No offense but the intangibles is sports talk shows and filler talk non sense. More often than not when you’re a top tier person in any field “intangibles” isn’t one of the first things mentioned for why you’re that top tier person. With Dak though it is because to me he isn’t the best throwing it accurately consistently so he gets credit for feel good emotional stuff like a nice play at the right time. That’s awesome when he does it too but for me it doesn’t negate the eh play that sometimes leads to those more “clutch” plays having to be made.

I will keep saying this if Dak was some upper tier qb his game wouldn’t be as poloarizing period. Think about the top tier QBs or any player in any league how many are saying they aren’t “top tier”? How many on here or anywhere are debating Zeke being “top tier”? I think when you have an overall consensus on those things that’s when you normally know who is or isn’t that player imo. If you disagree that’s ok because we all see things differently. Have a great one.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He is not accurate. Accuracy cannot be taught. Aikman said so. So it must be true. And I'd say the new oc called a good game. Impressive performance.

That's ridiculous and Aikman is ridiculous for even saying it. Unless dudes pop out of the womb throwing spirals into tight windows, accuracy can be taught.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Everyone would be surprised. Very few QBs have produced back-to-back weeks with those types of stats. Dallas doesn't need Dak to produce at that level in order to win games.
Remember when Ryan Fitzpatrick set an NFL record with not one, but THREE straight 400 yard games to start the season with 11 TDs but then he couldn’t even finish the season as the starter? Oh wait, that was just last year? So what should I believe, the QB with 3 straight seasons of 23 TDs or less or the one who’s on pace for 64 TDs and 6400 yards? What could possibly go wrong with ranting and raving like a lunatic after one game that everything is changed now? I’m sure these fine troll posts will age as well as they always do.