Dak can make every throw

jnday

Reaction score
Dak made nice deep throws today. He was making bad ones last year. There's no need to deny either fact.
It is one game and to be honest, it will be the best game of his career. He will stink it up at some point which goes back to his consistency. The Giants defense is horrible and the next two weeks Dallas will face weak teams, but that changes as the season goes on.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Should I use his elite td to int ratio then? Less turnovers = more team success. It's one of the most important stat lines in football.
If it’s on that page, you can use it. Unfortunately all of Dak’s bad stats on their are too. You may find the made up ones to be easier to stomach.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Physical ability was never Dak's problem. The idea that it was was always stupid.

When he had problems in games it was pretty much always a) technique problems affecting mechanical accuracy, b) how fast he made reads & went through his progressions, c) obvious supporting cast problems (OL injuries, lack of WR talent in 2017-2018 before Cooper, Zeke suspension) The first two are learned/practiced skills and the last one looks like it's been fixed in 2019.

Also trash play calling in 2017-2018, forgot that one.

The problem with judging Dak's ceiling is that how much QBs improve their fundamentals in the NFL is hard to predict. It's really all over the map and almost seems disconnected from work ethic or being a good guy

Rodgers had to re-invent his passing mechanics entirely to overcome how he was taught by Tedford in college, which took a couple years on the bench but was obviously sorted out. Brady went from being seen as having a soft arm in 2001 to bombing the ball 24/7 by 2007. On the flipside you have guys who never develop AT ALL like Tebow. It's a huge gray area that fans don't even try to engage with and just say DUDE SUCKS.

What are his bad stats?

Presumably sheer passing volume. The kind of numbers Romo put up that... also got the Cowboys 0 rings.

jnday

Reaction score
He has FAR more good games than bad games in his young career.

That’s why he has a 33-16 record with 89 total TD/25 INT.

That’s why he’ll soon be making over $30 mil/year.
Dak doesn’t have a 33-16 record. The team that he plays on has a 33-16 record. The defense was responsible for a lot of wins when the offense stunk it up in the last couple of years. Zeke and the oline are responsible for wins as well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t have a 33-16 record. The team that he plays on has a 33-16 record. The defense was responsible for a lot of wins when the offense stunk it up in the last couple of years. Zeke and the oline are responsible for wins as well.
Lol you guys are really giving our average defense credit? Lol unbelievable

HungryLion

Reaction score
It is one game and to be honest, it will be the best game of his career. He will stink it up at some point which goes back to his consistency. The Giants defense is horrible and the next two weeks Dallas will face weak teams, but that changes as the season goes on.

I do love the “one game” argument though.
It’s as if the last 14 games including playoffs where his QB rating is over 100 hasn’t happened.

sean10mm

Reaction score

Yet the same people will bury Dak personally whenever the team loses a game, no matter what his stats were, like all the people who blamed him for the Packers playoff loss after having a 300 yards 3 TD 103.2 passer rating game.

I wonder how many of them blamed Romo for the loss where he threw 5 TDs, which was also quite stupid.

It's almost like some people are complete hypocrites about this sort of thing, and argue based on wins/losses OR stats, based on whatever supports their predetermined conclusion at that particular moment.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What are his bad stats?
Bad is probably not a good word choice by me; he is not upper echelon in anything but neither is he bad
Above average stats: QB rating, completion percentage, interception percentage
Below Average stats: yards per game, sacks, TDs
Average: yards per attempt

jnday

Reaction score
I do love the “one game” argument though.
It’s as if the last 14 games including playoffs where his QB rating is over 100 hasn’t happened.
Defend his QBR ranking decreasing each year if he is perfect.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Look at the trends.

Dak had a stretch of really poor play from second half of 2017 and first half of 2018.

His QBR has been trending back up since week like 4 of 2018. The last like 15 games including playoffs.

Nowhere have I ever said he is perfect. So don’t throw out nonsense.

jnday

Reaction score
Bad is probably not a good word choice by me; he is not upper echelon in anything but neither is he bad
Above average stats: QB rating, completion percentage, interception percentage
Below Average stats: yards per game, sacks, TDs
Average: yards per attempt
Try fumbles. 12 made him one of the league leaders last year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are going back and forth with a guy over Dak named Dak Presgoat. Are you serious my friend? You know that person is going to be on some next level Stan business.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Try fumbles. 12 made him one of the league leaders last year.
Usually his low interception rate balances out the fumbles. In 2017 though he was one of the worst QB in the league for turnovers, and probably was the worst when you account for the damage they did (four pick sixes and a fumble returned for a TD).

jnday

Reaction score
Look at the trends.

Dak had a stretch of really poor play from second half of 2017 and first half of 2018.

His QBR has been trending back up since week like 4 of 2018. The last like 15 games including playoffs.

Nowhere have I ever said he is perfect. So don’t throw out nonsense.
This is one game, though the Po-Daks are making it out to be more. It is entirely possible that his QBR will decline this year. Other teams have defenses that will even things out.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
With a new season upon us, I thought I'd look at my ignored list to see if they were a little more balanced with their Dak hate.

But, nope.

Heck, Dak could be holding the Lombardi at the end of the year and they'd still argue that Romo or someone else would hold it better.

They're still dug in, so on the ignore list they will remain!