Dak career record vs winning teams vs Brees, Wentz and Roger

InTheZone

Reaction score
So now you are suggesting that Maher is better than a healthy Zuerline?:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Did you even know that Zuerline had a leg injury last year? Uninformed as usual.

Too bad we didnt have Forbath the whole season. Probably make the playoffs. :oldcouple:
Ok I'm done ever responding to you. You just confirmed you're no cowboys fan.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
One bad and good thing about this debate. Bad? We don't know what Dak would look like if Garrett wasn't the Head Coach. Good... Garrett isn't the Head Coach anymore. So I would say Dak needs to start with a clean slate. This year will be the real Dak numbers. Maybe Jerry is thinking the same way.

plasticman

Reaction score
no thats my sarcastic comments to the flame wars in here and we all know 2019 Dak was not clutch did not play well against better competition and down the stretch when we needed him most those gaudy stats disappeared..

None of it matters,

all it matters is taking your team to the next level fair or unfair, all QBs are going to get all the credit and all the blame..if you are a QB who want to be the highest paid, you will get further criticized , everything you do is under a microscope 100 times the strength, its magnified. Romo went through it and its Daks turn , you want big money? you are the leader? well get us to and NFCCG or 2 and a SB ..

Almost all the top 5 paid QBS in the league have been to or won SBs, yes even Wentz regardless of him being on IR he led them to agreat record before Foles took it the rest of the way, most here know if wentz didnt get hurt, most likely they end up there anyway..but who cares,

Mahomes has done more in his first two years as a starter then Dak as has Wilson, Big Ben, Rogers, and others..all in there first 3 years as a starter showed the owners they could do it and they got the big shiny new deals..

Its fact , sure other QBs who doesnt deserve it got paid but to Fans that doesnt matter here, we want to see more before we hook our RAINES to Dakota..

its not hate , i Like dak, i hope he makes the leap and proves the critics all wrong but at this point he hasn't done anything special recently, 2019 was a stat year but 8-8 as a leader regardless of whos fault it was, its on the leader who by default is typically the QB.. whos BTW making huge demands and that gets you a split fan base on whether they lie or not lie hi m getting PAID like Wilson and Mahomes..

heck worse we see that retread Tannehill get to an NFCCG and beat the ravens.. i know not all Tannehill but still he stepped up when needed and now hows gone further then Dak in the playoffs after only being a failure on another team and half a season on the new team..

Dak would have made his Legacy off one win , similar to ES, if he came out hurt and was the reason we won that Eagles game, wont he division, got i n the payoffs and got a few wins..

He didnt, he failed , that second half was horrible , all player had a bad first half but made adjustments and played well, dak missed wide open receivers at least 3 that were streaking for big plays , wasn't close.. this is what we remember last the NE game etc etc 2019 when clutch time came, Dak was just another guy on the team, yes W-L team records but our leader didnt step up and become special when the light was shining bright....

Dak doesn't play defense and he didn't hire the recently departed head coach. All he did was lead an offense that was ranked #1 in the league last season. As I pointed out, what you say about Dak struggling against better teams is true for just about every QB in the league.

Tannehill struggled just as much as any other QB in December, losing two of the last three games. They won game #16 which gave them the 9-7 record and a playoff berth. During that last regular season game and the first two playoff games, the Titan defense held their opponents to 14 or less points while the running game eclipsed 200 yards each time.

Against the Bears, 24 points should have been enough to win over the 29th ranked offense. How Trubisky was able to throw for three TD's while running 10 times for 63 yards and an additional TD is beyond me. The Cowboys didn't turn the ball over, Dak threw for over 300 yards, how was he supposed to control that game?

The Cowboys didn't miss the playoffs because of their performance against good teams, it was because of their performance against mediocre teams, particularly the defense. How does Dak control that?

When you have the #1 offense and go 8-8, it doesn't take a lot of analysis to determined the issue which is definitely, not the quarterback.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have a 4K projector on a 120-inch screen. I see everything perfectly, thanks.
Then your brain is telling your eyes what to see. You exaggerate almost everything as if you are some king at the office water cooler and nobody will go fact check what you are spewing. It’s like when we convert 3 out of 4 short yardage situations running the ball, you remember the 1 failure and overlook the 3 conversions to come to the conclusion we can’t convert short yardage running the ball.

Perhaps you shouldn’t be so dismissive of stats and when you think your eyes are telling you something, you take a few minutes to review the objective stats to
see if they support your eye ball test, and if they don’t, figure out why.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak doesn't play defense and he didn't hire the recently departed head coach. All he did was lead an offense that was ranked #1 in the league last season. As I pointed out, what you say about Dak struggling against better teams is true for just about every QB in the league.

Tannehill struggled just as much as any other QB in December, losing two of the last three games. They won game #16 which gave them the 9-7 record and a playoff berth. During that last regular season game and the first two playoff games, the Titan defense held their opponents to 14 or less points while the running game eclipsed 200 yards each time.

Against the Bears, 24 points should have been enough to win over the 29th ranked offense. How Trubisky was able to throw for three TD's while running 10 times for 63 yards and an additional TD is beyond me. The Cowboys didn't turn the ball over, Dak threw for over 300 yards, how was he supposed to control that game?

The Cowboys didn't miss the playoffs because of their performance against good teams, it was because of their performance against mediocre teams, particularly the defense. How does Dak control that?

When you have the #1 offense and go 8-8, it doesn't take a lot of analysis to determined the issue which is definitely, not the quarterback.

LOL...………...but these trolls will fight you tooth and nail that they don't get it.

ITS DAK AND THE #1 OFFENSE DAMN IT!!!!!

I had some troll named Brax tell me that "the defense was PASSABLE in 15 games last year" and that it was the offense that failed us. LOL

"Passable" I guess is a low standard that only applies to parts of the team that Dak isn't involved in?

I guess being the #1 offense in the NFL and #5 ranked offense in NFL history isn't "passable" enough? :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that the conditions were tough in New England, but their offense outplayed our offense in those conditions. On a day when points were at a premium, our offense needed to be better. However, given the conditions, it's tough to hold that one against anyone.
I guess you can say NE's offense was better since they scored more points under those conditions than the Cowboys did, but remember that the TD the Pats scored was after blocking a punt and recovering the ball on the Cowboy 12 yard line, so it's not as if the Pats offense had to drive the field for the score. Overall the Cowboy offense gained more yards, and more yards per play, and had more time of possession (although not by much). The stats were very close between the teams, and it really can be said the blocked punt, and not a difference in offense, was what made the game go as it did.

blueblood70

Reaction score

here we go again nether did Mahomes had to come from behind 21 and 17 down and even in struggle in the SB,.he got it done..the 2nd half of the Rams playoff and the Philly game the defense held the damn game to one score for like 2 qtrs dak had ihis chance he failed..Big boy Pants are worn in these situations where your defense pout you behind..Same with Tom the goat 2nd half against ATL(just one example) came back and won in real game not against the bottom dwellers..

like i said I like dak but 2019 was a stat padding year, it was full on ying and yang made up most of his stats against bad teams and struggles against good ones.. hes the one demanding twice as much$$$$$ money as the next man on the team like Mahomes who showed his worth and delivered..

Daks last play was the second half of 2019 and it wasn't pretty regardless of TEAM failures.. thats the damn point brah, he of late what have you done for me lately showed he can be that guy.. Hes a very good QB but asserting himself in the realm of pay with other QBs and players who already showed the clutch Gene..

stop making excuses we already know the pitfalls of the others on the team but dak is also to blame..just as much PERIOD..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Home theater is a big hobby of mine.

You can really good equipment these days for less and less. PM me if you ever need any advice on that front.
Thanks. We redid our living room a year ago and wife said if I lay new floor I could get a new TV and surround. Guess who laid a new floor in lightning fast time. Lol. I was gonna change the layout and go long ways and get a projector but windows on both sides so no real way of doing it and it look right. Went with a 65 inch sony and Onkyo surround. New lazy boys and a 2nd subwoofer behind us and it works. But haven’t gotten to really sit back and enjoy a football season yet.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'll post this again.
In our wins our offense averaged 37 PPG and our D gave up 17.1 PPG
In our losses our offense averaged 17.1 PPG and our D gave up 19.6 PPG

It doesn't take a genious to see where the biggest dropoff was

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
here we go again nether did Mahomes had to come from behind 21 and 17 down and even in struggle in the SB,.he got it done..the 2nd half of the Rams playoff and the Philly game the defense held the damn game to one score for like 2 qtrs dak had ihis chance he failed..Big boy Pants are worn in these situations where your defense pout you behind..Same with Tom the goat 2nd half against ATL(just one example) came back and won in real game not against the bottom dwellers..

like i said I like dak but 2019 was a stat padding year, it was full on ying and yang made up most of his stats against bad teams and struggles against good ones.. hes the one demanding twice as much$$$$$ money as the next man on the team like Mahomes who showed his worth and delivered..

Daks last play was the second half of 2019 and it wasn't pretty regardless of TEAM failures.. thats the damn point brah, he of late what have you done for me lately showed he can be that guy.. Hes a very good QB but asserting himself in the realm of pay with other QBs and players who already showed the clutch Gene..

stop making excuses we already know the pitfalls of the others on the team but dak is also to blame..just as much PERIOD..
This is a bit of a generalization. Dak had 397 yards and 3 TDs against Minnesota, and 355 yards and 2 TDs against the Bills, so his stats weren't just built on bad teams. Plus, against some of the bad teams early in the season his stats were actually held down because once a sizable lead was built the team ran heavily to keep the clock moving.

I would also point out that Dak isn't the only QB that gets credit for stats against bad teams. Those stats factor in with every QB.

That said, sure, there was inconsistency last year, and both Dak and the offense as a whole have to do better when they need it most.

As for pay, what has Cousins or Wentz done to show they have earned a big pay day? The reality is pay is not a position ranking. If all QBs were negotiating new contracts under identical market conditions, Dak would not be in a position to possibly be the #2-3 highest paid, but because some guys (Rodgers, Wilson for example) have contracts a year or two old, Dak had a chance to be paid as well or better - at least before the Covid situation hit.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is a bit of a generalization. Dak had 397 yards and 3 TDs against Minnesota, and 355 yards and 2 TDs against the Bills, so his stats weren't just built on bad teams. Plus, against some of the bad teams early in the season his stats were actually held down because once a sizable lead was built the team ran heavily to keep the clock moving.

I would also point out that Dak isn't the only QB that gets credit for stats against bad teams. Those stats factor in with every QB.

That said, sure, there was inconsistency last year, and both Dak and the offense as a whole have to do better when they need it most.

As for pay, what has Cousins or Wentz done to show they have earned a big pay day? The reality is pay is not a position ranking. If all QBs were negotiating new contracts under identical market conditions, Dak would not be in a position to possibly be the #2-3 highest paid, but because some guys (Rodgers, Wilson for example) have contracts a year or two old, Dak had a chance to be paid as well or better - at least before the Covid situation hit.
he didn't close those games, PERIOD

im out of this ridiculous convo those with eyes wide open see this as an issue not an excuse. Apparently his boss feels the same way.. he has another year to prove this narrative wrong..

I like dak but he doesnt deserve the mega deal until he shows more to close games and d]season out stronger..2019 is last timing we witnessed, thats all we have to go by and IDC about the others they have already showed big game clutchness a few times to put them into the elite category, they all have the hardware..team or no team , players have to separate themselves from the pack with the biggest lays made int he biggest moments..

Alex Rodrigues's a TX Ranger comes to mind , dud was very good player, who was severely over paid when he got here and just put up hollow stats, i believe he finally had few big moments when he ended up in NY his third stop, before that was a guy who didnt get it done in the playoffs or had rings he contributed too when it counted..

theres players like this all over sports, the'yre great but never become elite, not a knock on Dak but he wants that money he will get anchored with Critics..its part of the spotlight you shined on yourself..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
record doesn't mean jack. Keep reaching

Don't need our offense to look so miserable for 3 quarters the stadium is silent when we're on the field because Dak can't hit a receiver if he was size of a barn. Then he finally hits a guy in stride in the 4th and OMG clutch!!!!

I'll hear the excuse of the defense and special teams in a 13-10 loss or in any other game it's all the defenses fault, yet we score 0 points in the third quarter while being down multiple scores at half and it's like "are we going to excuse Dak and the offense again?"
L O L. If this were social media you'd be banned for false information.

DAL was 8th in the league last year in 1st half points.
Anyone who liked your post should punch themselves in the face.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

im out of this ridiculous convo those with eyes wide open see this as an issue not an excuse. Apparently his boss feels the same way.. he has another year to prove this narrative wrong..

I like dak but he doesnt deserve the mega deal until he shows more to close games and d]season out stronger..2019 is last timing we witnessed, thats all we have to go by and IDC about the others they have already showed big game clutchness a few times to put them into the elite category, they all have the hardware..team or no team , players have to separate themselves from the pack with the biggest lays made int he biggest moments..

Alex Rodrigues's a TX Ranger comes to mind , dud was very good player, who was severely over paid when he got here and just put up hollow stats, i believe he finally had few big moments when he ended up in NY his third stop, before that was a guy who didnt get it done in the playoffs or had rings he contributed too when it counted..

theres players like this all over sports, the'yre great but never become elite, not a knock on Dak but he wants that money he will get anchored with Critics..its part of the spotlight you shined on yourself..

No, he didn't - actually the Cowboys didn't, and Dak was part of that. It's still silly to suggest it's just the QB that controls everything.

But whether they ended up winning is a separate point from the claim that he only built stats against bad teams. You can't pretend any argument on any individual point automatically applies to whatever point you want to make.

Besides, I specifically said Dak and the Cowboys need to do a better job when they need it most, so you arguing the Cowboys didn't win doesn't somehow contradict what I said anyway.

As for the hardware other QBs have, what exactly is that hardware with Cousins? What about Wentz? The ring he got while watching another QB playing in the playoffs in 2017?

Or are you talking about Rodgers and Wilson? If so, I agree they have done more, but I guess you missed the point that pay is not a position ranking and that timing and market conditions also factor in. As I said, if those guys were negotiating a contract at the same time as Dak, and under the same market conditions, Dak would not have a chance to be paid as well as they are. That's not reality though, and market conditions don't freeze for 3-4 years until the best QBs are due for a new negotiation.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

well gosh he didnt beat teams in 2019 with better coaches, defenses and special teams... surely he must suck....

you guys need to stay off meth.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Yup that is true but when you break it down a little more we scored:
6.1 PPG in the 1st half in our losses and 19.6 PPG in our wins, do we need to name the teams we beat and the teams we lost too? We beat up on the bad teams and couldn't do a thing against anyone decent team or a team with a decent D

InTheZone

Reaction score

banned from social media? You'd have to be telling the truth to be banned lol. Thanks for the compliment.

Care to point what I said was misinformation, because although as extreme as it may sound, I saw plenty of it. Nothing like hearing someone wanting to get physical over a different opinion, I already know too much about your character.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

People get banned for posting false information on social media?

Isn't this site considered social media?

Can you see if the guy you want to punch himself in the face will take a video? I want to see it.